Type Municipal
Style Links

The Broken Tee Englewood Golf Course (formerly known as Englewood Golf Course) is one of two courses at the facility, the other is a par-3, nine-hole course. Formerly Englewood Golf Course, the Broken Tee Englewood Golf Course offers 6,836 yards of golf at its longest tees with a par of 72. The renovations that occurred during the time when it was being transformed from the Englewood Golf Course kept in mind the demand for a more challenging game of golf. The links-style course features elevation changes and requires accurate shots. The front nine holes also have water hazards that come into play on six of the holes. The facility accommodates all levels of golf with its two different courses and practice facilities. Englewood is a spikeless facility.

Broken Tee Golf Course

Year Built 1983

Carts Yes - $16 - $32

Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for playing and sharing your review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Condition and etiquette

The course is in really bad shape. Some areas were really dry, others swampy, ground under repair all over fairways, We had a tee time at 5 for 9 holes. When we finished hole 7 and were heading to hole 8 around 6:45 to 7 ish a course attendant came up to us in his maintenance cart and told us we had 30 minutes to finish. We had 2 holes left and weren't concerned. Fifteen minutes later we were just about to hit onto the 9th green when the course attendant came back; this time from behind us and picked up one of ours players balls stating "you weren't going to play this" or something along that idea . Ending our game. It was still light out. I was not sure why or what was going on. Later I found out when the foursome in front of us finished the attendant wanted to take one of the golf carts they were using to the club house; with the attendant apparently planning to leave his maintenance cart at hole 9 and the golfer left to carry his clubs back to his car across the river. What happened to etiquette... it felt a bit like bullying. After I unloaded my clubs from the cart and into my car, I got back into the cart to return it to the club house. The same attendant pulled up behind my vehicle stating he would take the cart to the club house leaving his maintenance cart behind my car now blocking me in. We were never told that the carts had to be in by a certain time and it was still light out!

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for playing and sharing your review.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Great for a family outing

Did their family night. Great value for a fun course.

Saturday afternoon

Playing on Saturday afternoon looking forward to a slow round. We finished in 4 hours fifteen minutes!! Unbelievably great!!

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you playing and sharing your review. We appreciate your support and feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Beginner course

If your looking for a course for beginners, this is it. Course is in decent shape, however, it’s very tight with holes on top of one another.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bargain golfing at its finest

You get what you pay for at broken tee. The starter was super grumpy yelling at multiple people over the microphone maybe she was just in bad mood. I feel like the front 9 has been under construction for years. Multiple spots on fairways blocked off and sprinkler heads on the fringe on a few holes. The back 9 is in much better shape and much more enjoyable. Like I said, you get what you pay for. We also didn’t see the Beverage cart until hole 16. Pretty pointless by then. Overall, ok, but they could be better for sure. Not trying to bash the course as past experiences have been better, but need to be honest.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback, as this is how we get better. We hope to see you again soon and provide you the experience you deserve.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your support and feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Great conditions as of May 2020

Broken Tee is in the best shape of any course I've played this spring. Greens were rolling true (except for 18, which had tire treads on it) and at a fair pace. If they got them rolling much faster, many of the greens wouldn't have many spots left for pin placements. Rough was long - only fair for such a short course.
This was my first time playing the course. It's an interesting layout, but the land has room for 15-16 holes, not quite 18 (or the par 3 course needs to be taken over and converted). If you like walking and leaving your bag half way up the fairway as you take your putter and driver up to the green and following tee, this is the perfect course for you. If you're scared of bad golfers hitting you as they miss their fairway and find yours, this is the worst course for you. I've never seen less space between holes. A guy I got joined up with said he'd been hit three different times on the course. I almost got one guy in the group behind us with my worst shot of the day.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the 4 star rating! Your feedback helps us create a better experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Good value and Par 3 good for beginners

The course was fairly good to navigate. My friend who was a novice was able to play fairly easily

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, appreciate your support and hope to see you back soon.

Coronavirus Concerns

I made a booking, but arrived at the course and discovered I would be grouped to play with random people. This seemed counterproductive to the social distancing guidelines enforced by our state, and the importance of not interacting with people from different households at this time. I did not feel comfortable risking exposure to coronavirus from people I do not know. This should be made more clear on your website so people know what they are signing up for. I know these are weird times, but these precautions should be taken. I was told I couldn’t play by myself and couldn’t get a refund, so I sadly went home.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Same thing happened to me and I did not receive a refund either.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for your experience and would like to learn more so that we can make things right. Please email us your reservation details at info@brokenteegolf.com

Winter Golf

The course is a pretty good choice for winter golf in Colorado. The overall lay-out is pretty tight, especially on the first 6 holes. Greens and even fairways are hard due to freezing temperatures, but that's to be expected this time of year. You have to plan to hit a little short and let the ball run up onto the green. Part of the game for those who want to golf in January in Colorado.

The greens are bumpy, traps are hardened and there is an abundance of dried goose feces, but not too uncommon this time of year as the maintenance staff is minimal.
Would I play here again? Absolutely.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Golfing!

Poor Design for a hot day

Broken Tee doesn't let you know that you won't go back near the club house after the first tee. The closest you get to it is on the green at hole 6 but then you cross a bridge and are a good walk away from bathrooms and amenities for the rest of the round. This was particularly tough on a hot day when we didn't see a cart girl until hole 14. My wife and I had to pause between the front and back 9 to get water as we can only carry so much in our push carts and I thought we may suffer heat stroke if we tried to press on.

Poor management

Pace of play was not handled well at all. It was very busy at my tee time and I ended up playing with a threesome, which I didn’t mind, but the tee times were unannounced, and we ended up having to basically try to figure it all out ourselves.

Pro shop staff are just straight up unfriendly and inattentive. The general sense of good customer service is simply not there at this course.

Other than that the course actually isn’t bad for a round of 18 holes! Fast and rather difficult greens I might add.

Good course - greens could be better

I enjoyed this course but the fairways and greens were under a little beat. It was annoying that on 3-4 holes we had people working by the green and wouldn’t get out of the way for us to hit.

Englewood, Colorado