Type Municipal
Style Links

The Broken Tee Englewood Golf Course is one of two courses at the facility, the other is a par-3, nine-hole course. Formerly Englewood Golf Course, the Broken Tee Englewood Golf Course offers 6,836 yards of golf at its longest tees with a par of 72. The renovations that occurred during the time when it was being transformed from the Englewood Golf Course kept in mind the demand for a more challenging game of golf. The links-style course features elevation changes and requires accurate shots. The front nine holes also have water hazards that come into play on six of the holes. The facility accommodates all levels of golf with its two different courses and practice facilities. Englewood is a spikeless facility.

Broken Tee Golf Course

Year Built 1983

Carts Yes - $16 - $32

Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

Anonymous

Great conditions as of May 2020

Broken Tee is in the best shape of any course I've played this spring. Greens were rolling true (except for 18, which had tire treads on it) and at a fair pace. If they got them rolling much faster, many of the greens wouldn't have many spots left for pin placements. Rough was long - only fair for such a short course.
This was my first time playing the course. It's an interesting layout, but the land has room for 15-16 holes, not quite 18 (or the par 3 course needs to be taken over and converted). If you like walking and leaving your bag half way up the fairway as you take your putter and driver up to the green and following tee, this is the perfect course for you. If you're scared of bad golfers hitting you as they miss their fairway and find yours, this is the worst course for you. I've never seen less space between holes. A guy I got joined up with said he'd been hit three different times on the course. I almost got one guy in the group behind us with my worst shot of the day.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the 4 star rating! Your feedback helps us create a better experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Good value and Par 3 good for beginners

The course was fairly good to navigate. My friend who was a novice was able to play fairly easily

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, appreciate your support and hope to see you back soon.

Coronavirus Concerns

I made a booking, but arrived at the course and discovered I would be grouped to play with random people. This seemed counterproductive to the social distancing guidelines enforced by our state, and the importance of not interacting with people from different households at this time. I did not feel comfortable risking exposure to coronavirus from people I do not know. This should be made more clear on your website so people know what they are signing up for. I know these are weird times, but these precautions should be taken. I was told I couldn’t play by myself and couldn’t get a refund, so I sadly went home.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for your experience and would like to learn more so that we can make things right. Please email us your reservation details at info@brokenteegolf.com

Winter Golf

The course is a pretty good choice for winter golf in Colorado. The overall lay-out is pretty tight, especially on the first 6 holes. Greens and even fairways are hard due to freezing temperatures, but that's to be expected this time of year. You have to plan to hit a little short and let the ball run up onto the green. Part of the game for those who want to golf in January in Colorado.

The greens are bumpy, traps are hardened and there is an abundance of dried goose feces, but not too uncommon this time of year as the maintenance staff is minimal.
Would I play here again? Absolutely.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Golfing!

Great layout, challenging and yet friendly. Conditions were par for this time of year. Great price for par 3.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Thank you for your review and great comments. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good winter course too

First time here was a round in the winter. Snow melts off this course pretty quickly so it’s a good option this time of year. It was crowded, but the pace of play was pretty good, overall. Greens had some unrepaired ball marks and very hard, but understandable this time of year.
Fairways and tee boxes were in really good shape considering the time of year. The layout has some challenging holes and some fairways are tight. It makes you think before you swing, which I enjoy.
Any time you can play golf in Colorado in January, be grateful and this is a very good place for that, can’t wait to play it again I when it’s in prime shape.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Short, But Challenging Course

This was my second time to play this course. The first time was about a year+ ago. The course is a fairly open design with strategically placed hazards and quick, well maintained greens. The course has many risk/reward holes and this time of year, the fairways let your ball run out pretty well. The only drawback we had was 8 minutes between tee times, which pushed us for the first 3 holes until we could distance ourselves from the group behind us. All of our group are decent golfers and we kept a pretty good pace to play a 4 hour 5 minute round, which can be rare in Denver sometimes. One quick note, the practice green is a very good indication of what you will see on the course. The pin placements are somewhat challenging on many holes. One of the rare courses in Denver you can actually play the greens fairly true to the read. Being a Monday the course was busy but not stacked. Looking forward to playing this course again, the practice facilities and course are in great shape.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and great insights. We all work to help ensure our guests have the best possible experiences. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Slow play and bad conditions

Took a solid five hours for ya to get through. Course was in brutal shape and honestly just an over all bad layout. Friendly staff though.. only good thing. Never going back.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback and will use your input to improve things that need to be worked on. We appreciate the kind words about our friendly team and hope to earn your future business.

Poor course conditions

Compared to other public golf courses in Denver, this one is not in good condition. Lots of brown spots and standing water after heavy rain last night. Some Green's had bare spots. Fairways on the back nine are so close together that balls from one fairway are ending up in your Fairway. Seems like the city of Englewood has not put any money into the course for some time.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and will speak to the team about your comments. We hope to see you back soon.

Should be Called Broken Course...AWFUL

This course was not well cared for. The rough was more than rough and we were hitting either in such deep grass because of not mowing or dirt from under-watering. We had patrons harass us about our pace of play although we were right on time. We decided to let them play through to avoid to not enjoying the round due to the pressure of a twosome following our foursome. There were train tracks, electrical lines across the entire back nine, and the front line was commercially surrounded. So, way less pleasant than most of the other public courses I've played. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Problems again

Every time I book broken tee through GolfNow there are problems with them receiving proof that my round was paid for and have now charged me twice as well as paying online before Both times. Wonderful course just always seems to be front desk problems.

Commented on 07/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We work to provide our guests a great golfing experience. Sorry to hear that you've had issues with your GolfNow prepaid times. We will look into what is causing that. Hope to see you again soon.

Broken tee

Course was a bit narrow but in good shape. Bugs were a bit annoying tho

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We all work to help ensure our guests have the best possible experiences. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Fathers Day Holf

Lovely course. Some confusion at check in. Pace of play was good for a weekend. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We all work to help ensure our guests have the best possible experiences. and good pace of play helps out. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Warning // Staff lacks hospitality

Every time we have played here the staff at check in has been slow and unpleasant. When we booked our round for today I warned our guest of this but it went worse than anticipated. Not sure why the course hires people with no service skills but I hesitate to ever return. The course is good and is in good playing condition. Greens are in good shape for the season. Bunkers are a bit bare. Overall a good value for the area. If I could skip checking in I’d play here more often.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We take our customer's input seriously and would like to speak with directly to address the service issues that you've shared. Please contact Bob Spada at 303.762.2670.
Thank you!

Broken Tee hidden gem

If you haven't played this course I highly recommend it. Centrally located and tee times are easy to book.

Commented on 04/16/2019

Thank you so much for your review and 5 star rating. Our team takes pride in creating the best experience for our golfers. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon..

First time at Broken Tee

From my first time at Broken Tee, I enjoyed the experience overall. Pace of play was a little poor on the back nine. Really enjoyed the course layout, want to come back during the summer once the trees are in to experience it in all of its glory. Course conditions were just fine for the first week of April. Will be back at Broken Tee in the future.

Commented on 04/16/2019

Thank you so much for your review and 4 star rating. Our team takes pride in creating the best experience for our golfers. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon..

Fast Greens? Or concrete

Lost too many strokes due to hazards and under construction areas

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for posting a review. We're sorry to hear about the lost strokes. We hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020