2.2

Scorecard for Turtle Hill Golf Course
Blue M: 71.2/127 423 336 505 193 393 356 561 152 435 3354 290 197 365 169 423 505 351 342 514 3156 6510
White M: 69.4/121 W: 73.9/127 384 310 497 162 383 331 525 136 430 3158 280 179 323 146 399 461 322 337 473 2920 6078
Red W: 68.9/114 316 253 390 124 305 275 390 97 299 2449 233 160 247 95 367 367 228 270 405 2372 4821

Year Built 1993
Architect Dick Murphy

Fivesomes Allowed Yes

Fairways could have been better

The fairways were like concrete. I lost a couple of balls due to the ball running to far

Totally turtle

What a find! Front nine is wide open with nothing special added. But wait til you get to the back nine. Wow! Elevated tee boxes, hills, hitting over ravines and chasms... Beautiful. Well worth getting out of the city to play. I'll definitely play it again.

Commented On 11/07/2016

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent visit at Turtle Hill! We hope to see you hit the greens with us again soon!

Not worth the money

Not worth the money. Tee boxes and fairways need a lot of work the course reminds me of a paster. The greens were way to soft. Hit a pitch shot from 45 out an the ball just plugged in the green.

Commented On 11/07/2016

Hello and thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the course earlier this year. We hope you can visit us again with a fresh perspective.

Course Condition

The Course is in excellent shape due to all the rain everything is very green. If have ever wanted to play this course now is the time. I've never seen it this nice.

Commented On 09/24/2015

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We hope to see you back soon! ~THGC

Perfect Day

Course was in very good shape. If there is a problem, it is the tee boxes. For the drive from Denton, it is well worth it.

Commented On 09/24/2015

Thank you so much for the feedback and we're so glad you had a good time! ~ THGC

Nice course with some challenging holes

Played at Turtle Hill yesterday with two good friends of mine. The staff was friendly and helpful, but we did not see a beverage cart on the course. The course has a lot of narrow fairways so if you are a long driver focus on accuracy and not raw distance on this course or you will be in the woods or another fairway the entire round. The signature hole is the 11th hole (Par 3 186 yards from White Tees) with a tee box 120 feet above the green. With the elevation change a PW or 9 iron works great. If you use a 6 iron or similar you will hit it way too long. I had my longest ever drive that stayed in the fairway, 319 yards, on the 16th hole (Par 4, 385 Yards from White Tees) which is one of the few holes on the course that a long driver can open up on without putting it in the trees. Course should appeal to both the high handicapper and the low handicapper.

Commented On 09/24/2015

Thanks for coming and golfing with us! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the course, and congrats on that long drive on 16! ~THGC

Worth the drive

Played on a beautiful Saturday in February. Course was very crowded but completed the round in just over 4 hours. The layout of the front nine has the feel of a country course, wide open, no real surprises. The back nine is completely different. There are blind shots, strategic tee shot placements, and the greens are incredible. They roll true and this being my first visit, I had no idea of the level of undulation. The signature hole is the par three 11th. I dare you to keep your phone camera in check the first time you play this hole. I drove just under 2 hours to get to the course and I can't wait until everything is green so I can drive there again.

Hidden Gem!

Wonderful little hidden gem! Beautiful course, even in the rain! The only problem was a group of local boys that snuck onto the course and kept hitting into us....

Best views in all of North Texas

Ther were only four other groups on the day that we played as the temperature was just below fifty so pace of play was awesome. The Pro Rusty was super friendly and accommodating. He even gave us some tips to help my son with his chili dip. The rates were unbelievable via golf now after 1:00. Well worth the drive North. Probably gonna do it again later this week.

Amazing topography!

I have played the Turtle many times and never grow tired of it. Great mix of holes and friendly staff. Go there and be happy!

Good rate and good friendly service

Nice green and beautiful view. Lots of fun out in the country.

Turtle Hill

Some very scenic views!! Great set of par 3's. Fairly open course.

Course has a lot of character - very enjoyable.

This course can be challenging but is a lot of fun to play - some holes are very unique.

There is always a great deal on this course

Greens are nice some tough holes and also some forgiving holes it's a fair course I play 1 a week

Easily worth the drive!

I love to go play this course any time I can. I drive past other courses on the way to Turtle Hill. You definetly wouldn't expect it to be great being out in the country, but it's beautiful. It also has some beautiful scenic holes. Check it out, it's worth the drive.

This is a FUN course.

The course is challenging and yet very forgiving of errant shots. The grounds are well maintained, and even though the Pro shop is small, the staff is friendly and helpful. There are many beautiful views but if I were to focus on one hole I would say I really enjoy hole #11 par 3. The first time I played Turtle Hill it was foggy and I couldn't see all the Wind Turbines, and as the fog lifted it was interesting to realize there are hundreds of them all around the course. Very fun course. It is slightly off the "beaten path" located about 7 miles North of Muenster, TX, but it is well worth the trip... I will play this course anytime I get the chance.

Burneyville, Oklahoma
Thackerville, Oklahoma

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.