Type Public/Municipal
Style Links

Located in South County Regional Park, Osprey Point Golf Club offers the first course in Florida to be designated as an Audubon International Classic Signature Golf Course. You would never be able to tell from looking at it now, but the site was farmland before it was used for shellrock mining and then abandoned. The landscape had been overgrown but the Parks and Rec Department of Palm Beach County transformed it into a lush and scenic course. The golf course is a 27-hole layout that can be played in three different 18-hole combinations. All of the tees, greens, and fairways feature environmentally friendly Seashore Paspalum. The Hawk/Falcom combination has a gently rolling landscape enhanced with native vegetation. The elevation changes are subtle but they still provide a few tricky lies.

Osprey Point Golf Course

Year Built 2010
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Jeff Grossman (2010) Roy Case (2010)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Don Law Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required. Please no denim.

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #8)

Again a wonderful experience

First round of the day, even after a rainy night the course was perfect once again

Thanks to the staff for their help and for having the course in great conditions.

Looking forward to play again soon

Great golf course for every level of player

The course is immaculate

Perfect fairways, great greens, several tee options

A must play in the area

Commented on 09/17/2020

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much and we cant tell you how much we appreciate the five-star review. We will see you again soon!

Excellent shape. Beware of HACKS.

Course is in excellent shape. However if youre a good golfer I would caution that if you show up without a foursome you're likely to get paired with a hack. Some of the worst golfers ive ever seen in my life play out here. Never understand why hacks like nice courses.

Great shape. Lots of hacks.

Course is in great shape. However if you're rolling up with less than a foursome do so at your own risk. This course gets some absolute HACKS. We were paired with two of the worst golfers I've ever seen in my life. We felt pressure to tee it forward with the hacks to keep us all playing from the same tees and keep a decent pace. However from the blue tees, this course layout if a complete joke. On some of the par 4s, you literally can't hit a full driver or you will fly the green. The par 5s are a bunt driver and knock down short iron. Can't wait to go back and actually play from the real tees and experience the course from a respectable yardage.

Great “PUBLIC” coarse

For being a public coarse, this golf coarse was amazing! I have played a lot of private courses that are not as well kept as this coarse. I was shocked on my first trip here, and then amazed on my second trip after realizing that these conditions are pretty much year round.
Great course, would definitely recommend this gem to all of the locals, whom are a tad bit more difficult to please!

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the excellent review. You are correct when you say that the excellent conditions can be found year round. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Some Staff Not Inviting

Alright so I kept myself from writing a negative review the last time I visited as I wrote it off as a "one time misunderstanding". At this point, I am done playing golf here - don't get me wrong, the course is IMMACULATE and they take great care of it which makes it a highly desirable course to play...

Needless to say, some of the staff are not so pleasant at times. For example...my last golf experience started with rain and lightning close by - couldn't go out yet which we all understood and we quickly went to the bar and had a drink with the bar staff. This part of the visit was friendly. When our tee time was up we confirmed that we could venture out and proceeded to pay for our round. Twilight is still advertised in the bar (by the way) at $9 after 5:30, but we proceeded to pay our $23 and change to get in a rough 7 holes because we got stuck behind some slow players - no big deal, we still made do with what we got. After paying my $23 and change my receipt was thrown at me and I couldn't even retrieve it because it fell behind some COVID related obstacle... Don't I need that for the starter? Guess not because we're just going to get thrown on the course anyway behind a group that prevents us from even getting 9 in. The guy who threw the receipt at me told me 7:45 carts have to be in (gets dark at 9). No big deal we understand. Go to get our cart, cart guy tells us 7:30. Get to the starter he says 7:45. On the course, guy tells us last hole at 7:30. 30 seconds later a second guy tells us last hole again. Meanwhile, the slow players in front of us went ahead and played 2 more holes and held us up from getting in at 7:45 - we only played our one hole that we were permitted to play. Got the carts in at 7:48...surprised I didn't get charged extra for it to be honest.

Last time I played twilight and it was a sad experience as well. Took my pops out during a slow time because he takes a little more time to make moves at this point (age playing a factor). No players in sight, taking our time, and we were rushed off the course when the sun was in the wide open 30 minutes before they said to have the carts in.

I don't always play twilight, but when I do it's for a reason and either your staff has some serious issues with being there late or they don't appreciate being tipped for their patience - they would get more if they gave a little more as far as a courtesy considering circumstances. I get that they don't know what is going on every time, but a little friendliness can go a long way.

I'll make sure I visit other courses because some of your staff is just repulsive when it comes to service. Whether I come in the morning or the evening, I am there to enjoy the course. This is twice in a row that my visits have been lackluster and the same guy collecting carts at the end of the night was less than friendly to say the least. Step it up - your bar staff should not be the best of your staff. It is great course and deserves great staff running it.

You get 3 stars because of course conditions, better your staff is all I can say. I'll be at Boca Muni until you can change it.

Excellent

Everything was excellent. Pace was nice on the front nine, back nine was slower. Sometimes 3 groups waiting on the tee box. Overall it was a great day. Hopefully will be back soon

Best Public course in Florida

The course is always in great shape, love playing there!!

Best kept secret

This is a fantastic course with 3 well maintained 9 holes courses. This course is always in great shape and a phenomenal layout.

Commented on 09/04/2020

The secret is out! Thanks for the five-star review.

Commented on 11/22/2019

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about Osprey Point publicly -- we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Layout, Great Condition, Very Slow

This course has a nice layout and is in great condition. Unfortunately pace of play was very slow.

Commented on 11/22/2019

Hello,

We apologize if the pace of play was not up to par on the day of your visit. We strive to keep rounds at or under 4 hours and 15 minutes but we do get extremely busy and sometimes this can be difficult. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future so we can have the chance to turn your three-star review into a five-star review. Until then, keep 'em in the short stuff.

Solid Golf

If you are looking for a solid well priced round of golf this is the place for you. If you need a lot of off course amenities it is not. They currently have very few beverage and food offerings and no cart service. But they do have a new restaurant in the works. The practice/warm up area is outstanding. Large range, large putting green and a chipping area. The course is really fun to play. A good mix of long holes and short holes. Some par 4s where you can just pull out driver. Some long par 3s and some short ones. 2 of the par 5s are pretty long and narrow. Plenty of room to hit your ball for the most part. But if it’s off the fairway it’s gone. Greens were very smooth. A touch on the slow side. But in great shape. Pace of play was average. It was busy with 4 some after 4 some and we finished in less than 4 and a half hours. The customer service was friendly enough. And I paid $40 for the round and a small bucket of range balls. All in all it’ll be my go to every time we vacation in the area.

GRET COURSSE. HORRENDOUS MANAGEMENT.

This “used to be great” course could easily regain its stature as a premiere municipal course in Florida if only management cared as much about the player experience as it does about jamming the course with as many players as possible. We waited on EVERY hole for 18 holes. Player “Assistants” ride around, wave and admit they are prohibited from enforcing pace of play. Sorry to report that this was A HORRIBLE GOLF EXPERIENCE.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hello,

You've recently left a number of reviews where you mention being less than thrilled with the management of Osprey Point Golf Course and we would really like to speak to you in person about your concerns. Unfortunately, when you leave a review in this fashion it doesn't give us your name or any information, so we can't even see what day you played, or what the pace of play was like on that day. Therefore, we are going to ask that you call Sean Steinemann who works in the Parks and Recreation Admin building so that we can learn more about your concerns and addressee your concerns with our staff at the golf course. Please give Sean a call at your earliest convenience, his number is 561-963-6713.

staff

As a follow-up, let me say that the staff at Osprey are excellent. From the fellows at the bag drop( Mike, Jerry), the guys in the pro shop and the starters (John, Rick, Dan). they have all been very helpful and accommodating. When I had taken friends there, they address us by name and are friendly and courteous. One of my friends who lives at the Grove tells me that they treat us better at Osprey than at his private club.

Management Can't Tell Time

The biggest knock against golf is five hour rounds. Given that, it is inconceivable that management refuses to enforce this once wonderful course's own 4:15 pace of play policy.

Commented on 04/09/2019

Hello,

We'd like to hear more about your experience and since your name is not associated with your review, we cannot look into the pace of play for the day that you played. Please send us an email to Golf@pbcgov.org with your name and the day that you played so we can address your comments with our staff. We do our very best to keep rounds to the 4:15 mark, but we are also extremely busy this time of year and sometimes we fall a bit short of that, for which we apologize. Thank you for your continued support of Osprey Point Golf Course.

Disappointed

My friends an I play this course every year on our annual golf/Superbowl weekend pilgrimage to south Florida. We were excited to play Osprey because it's always a great experience. Not this time. Tee off was noon and we got out right on time. The pace of play was OK in the beginning. Then we got to the first par three and there was a two group back up. The ranger said to us "You're lucky to be playing at all." We found that a bit rude that he would say that rather than do his job. Next we had a rain shower and everyone stayed put until it passed, about 15 minutes. As we make the turn to Raven, there is a new group in front of us and the original group that was there was already gone. I asked the started why they would put a group in between us and he said they were backed up from the rain. He offered us to play Falcon which was open........we had JUST played Falcon, why wouldn't he have the group he put between us play Falcon. The pace of play on the back 9 was an agonizing 2 3/4 hours. LOVE THE COURSE! Very disappointed in how we were treated and how they managed this situation.

Commented on 02/07/2019

Hello,

First and foremost, thank you so much for making Osprey Point part of your annual trip to the area, we truly appreciate it. If you would be so kind, please send us an email at Golf@pbcgov.org with your name and the day you played so we can look into this issue a bit more and address your comments with the staff that was working that day. We strive to provide a high level of customer service and we're sorry to hear that we fell short of that during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again next February, if not before!

Perfect

This course is absolutely gorgeous. Without a doubt the best deal in the area. I played it for the first time and was blown away by the perfect grass, fast greens, and creative course design. The practice area was very nice: 2 separate driving ranges, a chipping green, and an enormous practice putting green. We played in 40 mph winds which made it absurdly difficult, but it was very fun. Without wind, I would imagine the course to not be too difficult.

Commented on 01/22/2019

We are very sorry to hear about the wind that you encountered during your visit, but we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed Osprey Point Golf Course. Your review touches on all that we have to offer and we hope that those offerings will lead to another visit for you in the near future -- on a day with less wind!

Few Service Skills

Asked the staff a few common questions about the course and they answered before I was even done with the questions. Beautiful course but a little more focus on customer service training would be nice.

Parkland, Florida