Type Public/Municipal
Style Links

Located in South County Regional Park, Osprey Point Golf Club offers the first course in Florida to be designated as an Audubon International Classic Signature Golf Course. You would never be able to tell from looking at it now, but the site was farmland before it was used for shellrock mining and then abandoned. The landscape had been overgrown but the Parks and Rec Department of Palm Beach County transformed it into a lush and scenic course. The golf course is a 27-hole layout that can be played in three different 18-hole combinations. All of the tees, greens, and fairways feature environmentally friendly Seashore Paspalum. The Hawk/Falcom combination has a gently rolling landscape enhanced with native vegetation. The elevation changes are subtle but they still provide a few tricky lies.

Osprey Point Golf Course

Year Built 2010
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Jeff Grossman (2010) Roy Case (2010)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Don Law Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required. Please no denim.

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #8)

Great “PUBLIC” coarse

For being a public coarse, this golf coarse was amazing! I have played a lot of private courses that are not as well kept as this coarse. I was shocked on my first trip here, and then amazed on my second trip after realizing that these conditions are pretty much year round.
Great course, would definitely recommend this gem to all of the locals, whom are a tad bit more difficult to please!

Some Staff Not Inviting

Alright so I kept myself from writing a negative review the last time I visited as I wrote it off as a "one time misunderstanding". At this point, I am done playing golf here - don't get me wrong, the course is IMMACULATE and they take great care of it which makes it a highly desirable course to play...

Needless to say, some of the staff are not so pleasant at times. For example...my last golf experience started with rain and lightning close by - couldn't go out yet which we all understood and we quickly went to the bar and had a drink with the bar staff. This part of the visit was friendly. When our tee time was up we confirmed that we could venture out and proceeded to pay for our round. Twilight is still advertised in the bar (by the way) at $9 after 5:30, but we proceeded to pay our $23 and change to get in a rough 7 holes because we got stuck behind some slow players - no big deal, we still made do with what we got. After paying my $23 and change my receipt was thrown at me and I couldn't even retrieve it because it fell behind some COVID related obstacle... Don't I need that for the starter? Guess not because we're just going to get thrown on the course anyway behind a group that prevents us from even getting 9 in. The guy who threw the receipt at me told me 7:45 carts have to be in (gets dark at 9). No big deal we understand. Go to get our cart, cart guy tells us 7:30. Get to the starter he says 7:45. On the course, guy tells us last hole at 7:30. 30 seconds later a second guy tells us last hole again. Meanwhile, the slow players in front of us went ahead and played 2 more holes and held us up from getting in at 7:45 - we only played our one hole that we were permitted to play. Got the carts in at 7:48...surprised I didn't get charged extra for it to be honest.

Last time I played twilight and it was a sad experience as well. Took my pops out during a slow time because he takes a little more time to make moves at this point (age playing a factor). No players in sight, taking our time, and we were rushed off the course when the sun was in the wide open 30 minutes before they said to have the carts in.

I don't always play twilight, but when I do it's for a reason and either your staff has some serious issues with being there late or they don't appreciate being tipped for their patience - they would get more if they gave a little more as far as a courtesy considering circumstances. I get that they don't know what is going on every time, but a little friendliness can go a long way.

I'll make sure I visit other courses because some of your staff is just repulsive when it comes to service. Whether I come in the morning or the evening, I am there to enjoy the course. This is twice in a row that my visits have been lackluster and the same guy collecting carts at the end of the night was less than friendly to say the least. Step it up - your bar staff should not be the best of your staff. It is great course and deserves great staff running it.

You get 3 stars because of course conditions, better your staff is all I can say. I'll be at Boca Muni until you can change it.

Excellent

Everything was excellent. Pace was nice on the front nine, back nine was slower. Sometimes 3 groups waiting on the tee box. Overall it was a great day. Hopefully will be back soon

Best Public course in Florida

The course is always in great shape, love playing there!!

Best kept secret

This is a fantastic course with 3 well maintained 9 holes courses. This course is always in great shape and a phenomenal layout.

Commented on 11/22/2019

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about Osprey Point publicly -- we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Layout, Great Condition, Very Slow

This course has a nice layout and is in great condition. Unfortunately pace of play was very slow.

Commented on 11/22/2019

Hello,

We apologize if the pace of play was not up to par on the day of your visit. We strive to keep rounds at or under 4 hours and 15 minutes but we do get extremely busy and sometimes this can be difficult. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future so we can have the chance to turn your three-star review into a five-star review. Until then, keep 'em in the short stuff.

Solid Golf

If you are looking for a solid well priced round of golf this is the place for you. If you need a lot of off course amenities it is not. They currently have very few beverage and food offerings and no cart service. But they do have a new restaurant in the works. The practice/warm up area is outstanding. Large range, large putting green and a chipping area. The course is really fun to play. A good mix of long holes and short holes. Some par 4s where you can just pull out driver. Some long par 3s and some short ones. 2 of the par 5s are pretty long and narrow. Plenty of room to hit your ball for the most part. But if it’s off the fairway it’s gone. Greens were very smooth. A touch on the slow side. But in great shape. Pace of play was average. It was busy with 4 some after 4 some and we finished in less than 4 and a half hours. The customer service was friendly enough. And I paid $40 for the round and a small bucket of range balls. All in all it’ll be my go to every time we vacation in the area.

GRET COURSSE. HORRENDOUS MANAGEMENT.

This “used to be great” course could easily regain its stature as a premiere municipal course in Florida if only management cared as much about the player experience as it does about jamming the course with as many players as possible. We waited on EVERY hole for 18 holes. Player “Assistants” ride around, wave and admit they are prohibited from enforcing pace of play. Sorry to report that this was A HORRIBLE GOLF EXPERIENCE.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hello,

You've recently left a number of reviews where you mention being less than thrilled with the management of Osprey Point Golf Course and we would really like to speak to you in person about your concerns. Unfortunately, when you leave a review in this fashion it doesn't give us your name or any information, so we can't even see what day you played, or what the pace of play was like on that day. Therefore, we are going to ask that you call Sean Steinemann who works in the Parks and Recreation Admin building so that we can learn more about your concerns and addressee your concerns with our staff at the golf course. Please give Sean a call at your earliest convenience, his number is 561-963-6713.

staff

As a follow-up, let me say that the staff at Osprey are excellent. From the fellows at the bag drop( Mike, Jerry), the guys in the pro shop and the starters (John, Rick, Dan). they have all been very helpful and accommodating. When I had taken friends there, they address us by name and are friendly and courteous. One of my friends who lives at the Grove tells me that they treat us better at Osprey than at his private club.

Management Can't Tell Time

The biggest knock against golf is five hour rounds. Given that, it is inconceivable that management refuses to enforce this once wonderful course's own 4:15 pace of play policy.

Commented on 04/09/2019

Hello,

We'd like to hear more about your experience and since your name is not associated with your review, we cannot look into the pace of play for the day that you played. Please send us an email to Golf@pbcgov.org with your name and the day that you played so we can address your comments with our staff. We do our very best to keep rounds to the 4:15 mark, but we are also extremely busy this time of year and sometimes we fall a bit short of that, for which we apologize. Thank you for your continued support of Osprey Point Golf Course.

Disappointed

My friends an I play this course every year on our annual golf/Superbowl weekend pilgrimage to south Florida. We were excited to play Osprey because it's always a great experience. Not this time. Tee off was noon and we got out right on time. The pace of play was OK in the beginning. Then we got to the first par three and there was a two group back up. The ranger said to us "You're lucky to be playing at all." We found that a bit rude that he would say that rather than do his job. Next we had a rain shower and everyone stayed put until it passed, about 15 minutes. As we make the turn to Raven, there is a new group in front of us and the original group that was there was already gone. I asked the started why they would put a group in between us and he said they were backed up from the rain. He offered us to play Falcon which was open........we had JUST played Falcon, why wouldn't he have the group he put between us play Falcon. The pace of play on the back 9 was an agonizing 2 3/4 hours. LOVE THE COURSE! Very disappointed in how we were treated and how they managed this situation.

Commented on 02/07/2019

Hello,

First and foremost, thank you so much for making Osprey Point part of your annual trip to the area, we truly appreciate it. If you would be so kind, please send us an email at Golf@pbcgov.org with your name and the day you played so we can look into this issue a bit more and address your comments with the staff that was working that day. We strive to provide a high level of customer service and we're sorry to hear that we fell short of that during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again next February, if not before!

Perfect

This course is absolutely gorgeous. Without a doubt the best deal in the area. I played it for the first time and was blown away by the perfect grass, fast greens, and creative course design. The practice area was very nice: 2 separate driving ranges, a chipping green, and an enormous practice putting green. We played in 40 mph winds which made it absurdly difficult, but it was very fun. Without wind, I would imagine the course to not be too difficult.

Commented on 01/22/2019

We are very sorry to hear about the wind that you encountered during your visit, but we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed Osprey Point Golf Course. Your review touches on all that we have to offer and we hope that those offerings will lead to another visit for you in the near future -- on a day with less wind!

Few Service Skills

Asked the staff a few common questions about the course and they answered before I was even done with the questions. Beautiful course but a little more focus on customer service training would be nice.

NEW MANAGEMENT NEEDED

I play this course often and am sorry to report that it is going terribly downhill. Walked off the course today after playing 13 holes in 3-1/2 hours. There is no excuse for 5 hour golf on a course that purports to have a 4-1/4 hour pace of play policy. Season has barely started! And there is no excuse for golf carts that aren’t sufficiently charged to complete a round. NEW MANAGEMENT IS DESPERATELY NEEDED AT THIS ONCE AWESOME COURSE.

return vist

Last time we played we found the starters abrupt and unfriendly,however today they were helpful and pleasant.which made our round all the better, the course was in great shape ,best value for money around . kevin

Commented on 12/11/2018

We are so glad to hear that you fully enjoyed your experience with us and apologize that you didn't the first time around. The golf course is in fantastic shape and we strive to keep it very affordable all year long. Thanks again for giving us a second chance and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Disappointment

I have always enjoyed this course but was very disappointed this past Friday. I had a 2:33 tee time and was on the box ready to play at 2:28. I was told my tee time had been given away. They did not get us off until 3:15. I was not able to finish all 18 before darkness. Very disappointing.

Commented on 11/14/2018

Great golf course especially the practice facility it’s one of our favorite in south Florida and we always play here 2-3 times per week but today the greens were a disappointment it was Very very slow!!!
The guys at the shop were nice and accommodating the starters and the rangers are great!!! That what keeping us coming back your friendly and welcoming manner.
Thank you guys, you’re awesome!

Declining

I have played at Osprey Point since it opened. It has always had fast greens and great overall conditions barely a blade out of place. Last few months I've been very disappointed with the conditions and pace of play. The normally fast greens are now slow and overgrown, infiltration of other grasses in the fairways and collars and removal of natural areas around the course have hurt its looks and play. There at least 5 high schools playing there as their home course and at least one of them not even being a Palm Beach County school make playing in the afternoon impossible. As a PBC tax payer I am ot very happy.

Commented on 10/09/2018

I totally agree with Macbluenose. the place has eroded a lot. The rubbish answer that Osprey gives that "we are just trying to make up for neglected maintenance in the past" is a total contradiction to how good the course used to be under Scotty. the greens are STILL slow; when was Falcon punched? Some 3 months ago and still is uneven. Get rid of whomever is writing on behalf of Osprey and put in someone who actually knows what they are saying.

Commented on 09/25/2018

We apologize that the conditions have not been up to your full approval. As you know, we have done extensive maintenance procedures this summer to make up for previous years of lessened maintenance. This is a large order for our new superintendent to make up for these prior actions. We do believe these practices will improve the overall product after some recovery time, so please hang in there. We expect that you’ll see some benefits from this work in the upcoming weeks. We hope you will take the time to leave another review once the course is fully healed. Happy golfing!

phil Antia

Been playing Osprey since inception. never seen the course in such lousy condition. all we regulars talk about this on the course these days. Greens still bumpy from aeration 10 weeks ago, brown patches everywhere, sides of bunkers and water edges shaved and scraggly, fungus in many spots.
The greenskeeper from last 6 years is gone and his replacement is having a torrid time perhaps because he came from an arid State in the west. management: Please fix these problems. All summer has been difficult from one nine constantly closed, deteriorating conditions, Don law tourneys, high school tourneys a,d college tourneys.

Commented on 10/09/2018

"Look on the bright side, the tournaments are over in a few weeks" says the person writing on behalf of Osprey. Actually, look at it in reality: in 3 more weeks, season will be starting. there are already French-canadiens on the course now. When season ends, you guys aerate, the full course is not open til about October, plus you have schools constantly which take up 1 of the 2 open 9's, then you have the tourists again. It seems PBC cares not a whit about it's own residents, we were the taxpayers who built this course, remember? I have spoken to some 20 regulars and we are starting a program to monitor Osprey and to petition and find ways to improve conditions for the locals both through management and politically.

Commented on 09/25/2018

Phil, thank you for your comments. Osprey Point has undergone a demanding maintenance schedule this summer. The purpose of this maintenance program is to minimize the impact of aerification on the players of Osprey Point, by aggressively attacking one nine at a time. This has allowed the players to play 18 holes with minimum negative effects. We know that the conditions have not been perfect, but were necessary to prepare the course to be better in the long run. The new superintendent is experienced, knowledgeable, and working diligently to ensure green are smooth and the speeds are back up in the next few weeks.

We are in the midst of tournament season currently. This is a conscious effort to promote community involvement, by hosting numerous junior events in order to promote the game to young golfers who are just getting started. We apologize for any inconvenience, but on the bright side, the high school and college seasons end in just a few weeks. You will likely see a decrease in afternoon congestion after their seasons wind down. We very much appreciate your continued support.

Parkland, Florida