StoneCrest Golf Course

4.6420588235 4.6 stars from 5 (103)

GPS: No

Practice hole: Yes

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes plays long   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Course is in great shap"

Chris4373630's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Beautiful course. Excellent warm up areas. Lots of green grass. Course is always in great shape. The dont keep bunkers as well as they should, but other then that id pick this course over most in Ky. Def the best in East Ky. If you can play here for under $30 its a steal!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/21/2018:

Hello Chris4373630, thank you for the five-star review and for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and our affordable rates. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"Finally...what a day."

RCP2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Love this course. So many different angles, shot selections, choices to make, greens to read

Shot an 83 today and my best score ever here and have been playing 2 1/2 years.

Can’t wait to come back. Challenging course for any level.

Numerous elevation changes for Par 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s.

Wide and narrow fairways.

Don’t expect to just come and slay this course but the views alone are worth the price.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/14/2018:

Hello RCP2, thank you for the five-star review. Thank you for the kind words and we are glad you shot your best score! Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"Thank God for Good Cigars!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

My usual high scoring game wasn't with me on this trip, I scored even higher, but I had a wonderful Padron Cigar, so who's worried about some silly scorecard? This was the second time in a row the fairways were extremely nice, and I would have enjoyed using them,,,,,oh well, I had my cigar! The views and staff were better than up to par as usual and that makes this course well worth the money, so get your cigars and come on out!

Barry

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/07/2018:

Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great course"

Jeff3292850's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

In great shape except for bunkers, still a must play

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/07/2018:

Hello Jeff3292850, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Zemogross's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at StoneCrest Golf Course. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Prestonsburg!

"Great course but bunkers"

Chris2423827's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Great course but the bunkers are full of rocks no sand at all.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/30/2018:

Hello Chris2423827, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"The fairways were more than fair."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Actually, the fairways were nicer than I've ever seen then, cut low, they held the ball up well and yet there was not any problem with mown grass getting all over the ball and such, very nice! I shot my best round at StoneCrest ever, and the Good Lord blessed me to keep from going into shock. Play was slow at times, but there was a scramble and just a lot of folks out playing and enjoying the day. There are always times the views from different holes just make you stop, look and thank the Lord for what you are fortunate enough to see of his handiwork at StoneCrest. I'll shut up now!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had your best round at StoneCrest Golf Course! We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

bhdan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/18/2018:

Hello bhdan, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at StoneCrest Golf Course and we appreciate the great feedback on our affordable rates! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"First round for 2018"

MountainSlicer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

I was really impressed with how great the course was for this time of the year. With all the bad weather conditions and moisture damage to much of the area this course is still a joy to play. The greens were in very nice condition and being sprayed with for the control of weeds and fertilizer.I hadn’t been able to play until today and was very pleased with the results. Playing as a single golfer, twice I was allowed to play through. This course plays long even from the gold tees, many times you can hit the driver and still need a good strong iron to make the tricky green. Good practice range and food. Overall the best course east of Lexington.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/13/2018:

Hello MountainSlicer, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"a good course in the mountains"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Stonecrest has always been a favorite, people are nice and its always in good condition. The views are just wonderful and so fun to play. The course was wet, we have had a lot of rain in our region, but still playable. The bunkers were closed as they are most of the year. Greens not as fast as the will be in 2-3 weeks. No matter, it is fun to play and even when not in great condition, still better than most. A super buy for the cost of green fees.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, our affordable rates, and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the speed of our greens and bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"9 holes beat sitting at home!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The ground is saturated so it was cart path only, and of course the cart path won, so I got some exercise. My friend and I were behind a single player who must have been practicing for the Master's. We have no idea why he wanted to keep our attention so badly when the holes were open for him to play, why he walked so slowly, and why he simply stood around I suppose waiting for the crowd to cheer,..... "we weren't

cheering"! My friend had an engagement where they wanted to meet earlier than had been scheduled, so we came home after 9 holes so that he could attend his get together. I still appreciate the staff and the course very highly, and I will be there as often as I can, it feels like home to me.

Barry

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/03/2018:

Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. We also are sorry for the slow pace of play and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

"It was COOL!.......it really was!!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Actually the weather was slightly cool at times, but

it's "MARCH"! The course played well, but does need to dry out a bit. We were blessed to be able just to be out there, and I had a great time, and enjoyed myself very much. Two new hybrids MADE MY DAY, and the staff there are always so nice and helpful, you almost feel like you were on vacation. Thanks again for another "Great Escape", I needed it.

Barry Westcott

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 03/26/2018:

Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great views, fun to play, a good challenge"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

A fun course to play, all different shots and a lot of ups and downs. Great views all around. Definitely worth the effort to play, Tremendous condition for winter with the exception of the sand bunkers. Not an expensive course for one of the best in Kentucky.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 12/21/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and are great views. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Prestonsburg area!

"great outing"

dpancake's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Great course, excellent condition for this time of year. Friendly and courteous staff.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/13/2017:

Hello dpancake, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Prestonsburg area!

"Great greens"

Zemogross's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

The greens were fast. Rain the day before didn’t slow these down a bit. Great job grounds crew

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/13/2017:

Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Prestonsburg area!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/16/2017:

Hello, thank you for five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course and views. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Love it"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Stonecrest is my favorite KY course. The scenery is awesome and the course is beautiful and challenging. I think it is over priced for a municipal course, so I rely on Golfnow for good deals to play here

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/16/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and views. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"5.5 hours"

jtfannin's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Had a 9:50 tee time. Handed starter ticket and was told he had 6 foursomes for 10 and 2 of the 6 had already teed off. So we didn’t get to tee off until 10:38. Left at 3:30 and actually enjoyed the 2 hour drive home.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 10/23/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with the pace of play and staff during your round with us and appreciate the feedback so we can make the best improvements. Thank you for playing with us and we hope to earn your business back soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Everything was just fine, except the pace of play contained a whole lot of waiting as a group of 4 on the front nine, then a group of 4 on the back nine would not let the 3 of us through. One of our group left after the 13th hole, then myself and my buddy left after the 14th. We had to go up to the top level on 14, and when we came back to hit our balls, one whizzed by us, and it was just time to go home because I get stiff when I have to wait so much. This was not the courses or its staff's doing, it was those playing, and I will be back as soon as I possibly can.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/16/2017:

Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course but we are sorry to hear about the subpar pace of play, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Course I great shape"