RiverWatch Golf Club

RiverWatch Golf Club
Orange 72 6413 yards 71.0 126
Green (W) 72 5473 yards 71.1 123
Scorecard for Riverwatch Golf Club
Gold M: 73.3/131 501 440 202 540 413 340 208 413 450 3507 406 339 520 445 156 395 189 413 480 3343 6850
Orange M: 71.0/126 489 391 194 515 387 301 183 381 402 3243 390 329 500 416 146 375 169 387 458 3170 6413
Blue M: 68.3/122 478 347 176 472 347 289 163 367 375 3014 377 313 488 389 136 354 151 366 445 3019 6033
Green M: 66.4/116 W: 71.1/123 422 316 143 413 283 266 146 317 359 2665 341 292 454 365 125 328 141 329 433 2808 5473
White M: 63.5/108 W: 67.3/111 374 280 118 327 250 235 130 286 318 2318 276 220 367 323 115 249 112 309 340 2311 4629

Year Built 2000
Fairways Zoysia grass
Greens Bent grass
Architect Jacobsen Hardy (2000)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

What Could Be

So this course has potential, but that's about all.

The course was recently rerouted, I guess, so the yardage books and the scorecard and layout do not match up. I know most people have GPS of their own, and the yardage book was free (much appreciated) but it was still unnecessarily confusing. And it seemed as though some groups started on #3, which I assume was the old #1.

The pace of play was absolutely dreadful. Apparently, Tuesdays are Locals Day and anything goes. On #1 we were behind a 5some that was painfully slow. They were kind enough to let us go through on 2, but by #4 we were behind a group that slowed up the entire course. With no exaggeration, it took their 4some 23 minutes to play the Par 3 9th. It was dreadful.

The course layout is pretty enjoyable, with some scenic holes. But the par 3s are all pretty mundane, with the exception of the par 3 9th, which is by far and away the best. Most of them are virtually the same distance and play very similarly. Par 4s and 5s were very playable and offered opportunities to score, as long as you were playing from the fairways.

Green conditions were unplayable though. Recent reviews blamed this on aeration, but there are bigger problems than that. A number of the holes had dirt on the greens and were simply unputtable. Very frustrating. Luckily, I got a Hot Deals through GolfNow, or else I would have had to speak to someone in the clubhouse about some type of refund. I don't expect a great deal in a golf course, but greens with grass seems like a basic necessity. In the course's defense, there were workers trying to improve #11 or #12, so the course is working on this.

My wife and I drove two hours to try this course based on the recommendation of some friends, but I can't imagine I'll return any time soon.

Long Drive for me but always a great Course

Had a very enjoyable game today Course was in good condition, fairways great and most greens good, they were working on some conditions on some of the back greens but overall good.

Love the layout, very challenging.

Normally a great play!

The greens were recently airated but were not healed up. In fact they had spotty grass at the best spots. What grass there was was very thin. These greens were always in very good condition in the past. Also the rough was really tall, also unusual based on past play. I sure hope that Riverwatch gets a handle ob their greens!!

Disappointing round!

We have played this Course many times and drive an hour to it because we love the layout and challenge. It was disappointing this round because they had areated the greens with rather large punches, lots of sand still on the greens and to make matters worse they left all the dirt plums all around the outside of the greens. We all like to hit the greens but when your close and have to go over a bunch of chunks of dirt it was frustrating!

We will go back but not for a while and hopefully they clean up the dirt plugs!

Greens Ariated

Riverwatch is always challenging but the back 9 was closed to just being punched and sanded. Played the front twice which was jammed up. Pace was slow and the greens showed traffic ware and poor upkeep by players. I must have repaired 5-6 pitch marks per green. Overall, any day playing golf...right? Food is good. Staff is easy on the eye and friendly. Will return in 30-40 days when the greens regenerate.

Worth he drive for the golf!

Upon arrival I found the staff was very personable. The course was very challenging, but fun to play. This will be my course when I have out of town golf guests that I want to impress! Liked it so well I played again 4 days later...and will be back.

A good challenge

Difficult course but in great playing condition. Accuracy imperative.

Approach shot is key here with little room for mistakes. Hit the green in the wrong place and off it goes. Bring it in high for your best chance. Speedy greens with consistent roll among all holes.

Slow play on a hot day

There was a very large group ahead of us (20 or so) and they played pretty slowly. The day was hot, slow and frustrating. The course is great - I just wish they had let us go out on 10 instead of saying the large group would move along quickly. We stopped at the turn hoping things would thin out, and we were offered the option to replay the front nine, or just kill some time over there while we waited, but there were carts lined up over there ready to go out too. Good for the course, bad for a twosome.

River Watch Review

extraordinary layout --- from the tips you really must be a low single digit handicap to master this course.

Greens are bent grass, very fast and undulating --- traps were washed out due to very recent rains but they were dealing with them.

the courses only real weak point was the condition of most of the tee boxes....

I have played on countless courses including tour stop courses of Shinnicock, TPC Los Colinas (Byron Nelson), Colonial and Castle Pines. This course's fairways are hands down the best of all of them

What a Place

If Your in the Nashville area.....Drive and play this place......if your in Crossville.....Drive and play this place.....Struggling to keep there nose above water....But what a Treat to play.......

Always a nice Challenge

I have been playing this Course for 8 yrs. it is about an hour drive for me but worth the drive. The course layout is very challenging with some great carries on a few holes. The greens had a little bit of black fungus but considering the rain and heat we have had in our area it is tuff to prevent. It did not effect our game. Look forward to playing again soon!

Great course, always a great challenge

Got rained out after 13 holes. No worries though, only paid $6 with a $20 Golfnow discount. Course is always in great shape. Tees are a little hard, but fairways and greens are perfect. My only issue was that they had changed the front nine and the person in the pro shop did not inform me about this. They have made the old 8@9 holes, # 1@ 2. So I started on 3, which used to be #1. A little confusing. My GPS was still calibrated to the old way, so my yardage was correct, but the score card was different. Anyway, I figured it out when I got to the 1st par 3. And it never affected my round. But a little info on this would have been nice. I even explained to the pro shop employee that I hadn't been there in a couple of years. I guess it just slipped his mind. Most of the players there are regulars. And a nice bunch of people. I will be back.

Bring your AA game -- especially from the tips

Bent grass greens and sod laid soysia fairways which were extraordinary

Lots and lots of traps with good sand.

very large number of blind shots both from the tee and from the fairway

BTW --- did I urge you to bring your AA game -- you will need it to score well on this beauty

Tough but beautiful

Course was beautiful and in great shape. Fairways are pretty narrow (I lost several balls). Hole locations were difficult. Seemed like a lot of slope on greens. Overall great experience. It is a long drive for me but worth it.

Tough Round on Beautiful Course!!!

Course was in awesome condition and laid out very tough with some tucked pins. Enjoyed the round and staff was very accommodating and friendly. 5 Stars for Course and Service. A real gem hidden in the rough.

Difficult for Ladies

This course is difficult for Senior Lady golfers. Some of the up hill Par 4's over 300 yds. play another 25 yds. Longer. It is a challenge.

The course had a great layout following the contours of the land. It was a little dry, but they were working on the irrigation system, expecting that to improve. Overall a fun course to play.

Summer-time course

I was not overly impressed, maybe too early in the season, but my Work buddy’s said it’s a must play. I will definitely be back with my foursome this summer, coming from Nashville.

Course was still semi wet from the big rains in April.

Not an extremely difficult course if you’re hitting well, greens were good and pretty fast. Pin placements can certainly determine difficulty, several tee boxes for all levels.

Scenery was nice but I know it will be beautiful, tight and fast in the coming months.

Definitely recommend but don’t go alone like I did, get your 4some together and enjoy!

Smithville, Tennessee