Type Public/Resort

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Steve Wolfard (2006) D. A. Weibring (2006)

Golf School Academy Yes - "WinStar Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes

Just Say No

Meander through characterless wide open, treeless pastures with waste bunkers mistaken for dried creek beds to terminate to decent bermuda greens.
Our group considered leaving after the first nine, starring in disbelief at the overpayment and experience at hand. It would be considered by most a $40-50 weekend course you might play if you had no other options within an hours drive.
Life is short so make your golfing experiences meaningful and worthy of your invested time and money.

First Class Facility

I had the privilege of playing the WinStar golf course during the 2016 World Long Drive Championship. The course routing was not traditional due to the championship but I could not have had a better experience. The clubhouse staff was excellent, setting me up with quality Callaway rental clubs and walking us through the course re-routing. I can't tell you how nice the greens are at WinStar, the best i've ever played. Looking forward to my next trip to WinStar.

Fairways and Sandtraps

Poor sand and too much sand in some traps. Balls that would roll into traps should work their way down...NOT HERE! Fairways in poor shape, maybe it's the time of the year? I'm from the Chicago area and our fairways are awesome!

Fun Course

I have played this course many times lately and fine it well worth the drive to Oklahoma. Course has always been in great shape and that helps me play better. They have (3) nine hole courses and open 2 each day for play. This course has scenery, lakes, good sand traps and smooth greens. Winstar has become one of my favorites. Also, there is the casino with a good buffet as well as other restaurants on site. Hit 'em straight and have fun.

Commented on 07/03/2019

I play the free VIP tournament here and get paid to play and I wouldn’t even think about giving an excellent rating on anything but the staff. Did you get something for this review?

Good times

I have two parts to this review....

The bad first...i booked a stay and play with the casino and just the hassle of the course finding my reservation seemed so much harder than it should have been. Also you have to sign up for a players card at the casino to use the package at the course...luckily I asked a lot of questions before i went. Buyers beware of the package or just be ready for lots of confusion on both sides.

The good side.....the course has some very eye pleasing holes...if you play from the tips be ready to be challenged....its close to 7100 yards from the black boxes. You can tell they just punched the greens but still in not too bad of shape....the fairways were plush and great to hit from. This is a course for all levels and certainly recomend it.

Good luck out there!

Friendly Staff, friendly course for all levels of play.

I love this course because you can play with any level of golfers and all can enjoy it. Better golfers can take the course on, while playing with less skilled golfers who won't lose a bunch of balls and play slow. For that reason, the pace of play is usually very reliable and above average. Good chance to get GIR's but then teh greens challenge you - which is fun and fair.

This is a great resort style course.

This is a great resort style course. The staff is very accomodating and eager to ensure that their guests have a great experience. Range balls are included in the greens fees. I palyed as a single and every group in front of me allowed me to play through. I finnished 18 holes in about 2.5 hours. The course is in great shape. I highly reccomend this course.

Course is in excellent condtion

Winstar is an excellent facitily in wonderful condition. The staff is very cordial and professional. Always a great golf experience

Best green's in the state.

Course is immaculate as long as you stay in the fairway. The greens hold well amd are very true. Takes a little to get use to the speed on the green. Definitely a must play.

Great challenging course

Golf course was in excellent condition. Great scenery

This course has great features.

I really enjoyed playing on the plush fairways and beautiful greens. The sand traps were great also, if you like sand traps. Course had plenty of cold water dispensers and restroom facilities. I signed up at the golf academy and am very satisfied with my instructor and the facilities that are available to help me become a better golfer. First class all the way.

Favorite course to play in Oklahoma.

Winstar is a must to play and is the best by far. The course is always well maintained, the staff are very friendly/helpful, the starters keep the speed of play moving so there is not much waiting on groups, the greens and fairways are very well manicured. I live in OKC and try to play Winstar several times a month. I recommend this course to all levels of players.

Well maintained

A good course and a good price with the hot times on here. I'm not a huge fan of their greens as they switched to bermuda last year and they just don't ever get real deep green which makes it harder for me to read slopes in the green with the shades of gray and green. The tees, fairways are well maintained. Nice wide open course that offers 27 holes that are enjoyable.

Request A Vacation Quote From Winstar Golf Course
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Winstar Golf Course will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Lake Kiowa, Texas