Wild Marsh

Year Built 1995
Architect Graham Marsh (2000)

Carts Yes - $18

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Minnesota (2019 #25)

First round of 2018

Generally play Wild Marsh a couple times a summer and this was the first for 2018. Course was in good shape and had a really good time.

Wild Marsh provides a wide range of holes, never playing the same looking hole. The topography and scenery are outstanding and the course is maintained well. It should be part of every golfers summer.

Minnesota Advisor

Great course, but no range

I really enjoyed this golf course, it offered a great challenge in terms of tee selection and how you wanted to play certain shots. Pretty tough track with some very, very fun par 5s. Clubhouse is pretty nice with some of the best staff I have been around. Gentleman in the pro shop was extremely nice and welcoming. If I owned a golf course, he is the type that I would want to represent my company. My only knock on the course is that there is no driving range, practice greens were nice but I like to warm up the long irons before my round. It should not stop you from trying the course though, but be warned about it. The bunkers are very nice, carts are great and the course is well maintained. If you want to go low on this track, you will have to play some risky shots. This leads to a very fun round, so hit the gas and go.

Great Golf Experience

My wife and I had a wonderful day of golf. We enjoyed the challenging layout and beautiful marsh setting AND were very impressed with the friendly staff and great dining options at the turn and for dinner after. We will go again soon.

Allows 5-somes-very slow play

This is a nice course that ordinarily charges $50 plus to play. It is a significant drive from suburban Minneapolis. My criticism is that on our front 9 there were 3 5-somes ahead of us. At one point the Marshall said he took one of the 5-somes off because they were so slow but that the other 2 were groups of very good golfers and played fast. Not true. We followed a 4-some who followed the 2 groups of 5. The 4 some had to wait on every shot for 18 holes. Sometimes the waits were really long. Our round was 4 hours and 50 minutes. I will not play courses that routinely allow groups of 5 which this course apparently does. This was a weekday.

Response from on 06/18/2018:
Hello Cody, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

AWESOME course.

Decided to play this course for the first time, and was not let down at all. Great price, great people, and VERY well taken care of. I am someone who has played over 30 different courses in the greater Twin Cities area, and this is definitely in the top 3. Beautiful scenery, and the lovely town of Buffalo is a stones-throw away. Very much recommend it. Overall great experience.

A nice little track

This is not a long course, but you must really think your way around the holes. Course conditions were very good overall. Greens putted nice and true.
I did not care for the design of two holes (11-12). Long carries for the drive and narrow landing areas. Rest of course was very playable and scenic. Friendly staff and good value. I’ll definitely be back.

Overpriced

The staff was friendly, the course was decent but was very overpriced.

Great Course!

For an early season round llike this you would expect issues with greens or fairways, but here at wild marsh, it was perfect!

Getting better every year.

I've lived in this area for most of my adult life and play most of the courses within a half hour of me. And I must say this one is becoming the standout winner.

They hired a new superintendent a few years ago and he has transformed this course. And over the last 2 years they've done some major work on the course. You HAVE to check out the new tees on 7!! What a golf hole now!

Rest of the course is great. Good variety of holes. From flip wedge par 3's to 600 yard par 5's. The only drawback is no driving range (no room). And it's a fairly difficult course to walk as it gets a bit hilly.

Staff is good and the pace of play is never really an issue.

Am going to continue playing this course multiple times per year.

Choose your Tee Marker Color Wisely

The course has 5 or 6 holes with substantial carry off the tee over marsh land. The starter gave us a good tip to choose the white tees if it was our first time on the course to see if we could consistently make it over the marsh land to the fairways. We were stressed after the first couple holes as we fell 5-10 yards short of the fairway and into the marsh. The greens had been aerated 8 days before we played, so the greens were still bumpy and it was difficult to make 3-4 footers. Pace of play was great and the layout was good.

really a gorgeous track

if you have never played this course it is worth checking out.

Unique

Uniquely carved in a marsh and around a development overseeing Buffalo Lake. Really a beautiful setting and well worth the experience. Lots of elevation changes and as a first timer made it tough on club choice not knowing the landing area. overall a real enjoyable experience.

Beautiful scenery and excellent condition

Course is a must to play if you haven't. The fairways and greens are absolutely perfect and true. The nature and scenery is almost surreal and makes the golf outing a wonderful time...

Great course for lefties.

Several left hand dog-leg holes make this a perfect course for a lefty with a fade. Nicely laid out and well maintained. We will be back.

Challenging layout from the back tees.

The golf course required excellent accuracy from a number of tees with forced carries over marshland. Greens rolled well and offered challenging contours. Would like to play again.

Excellent Public Venue

Course conditions were excellent and the pace of play quick with no delays. The course is an excellent public course with many features found on private courses. Well-maintained with many interesting holes in the seventh hole being the signature hole.

Gem

I would be a member and play this course exclusively if I lived closer. Every hole provides a unique challenge. This course allow you to use every club in your bag. The greens are receptive, true and challenging. I especially enjoy the cow lurking in the woods, watching each putt on the 4th green. I wonder if she gets a kick out of those who misread their putts. One of these days I'm going to at least par hole #7; it challenges me every time. Finally, great staff!

Nice variety of hole configurations.

I've been playing Wild Marsh for a number of years and have always had an enjoyable time. The pro shop staff is friendly, the course is in good shape and sets up very nicely to the eye. To be honest, I always book through an on-line, discount service because, in my view, the full-price, regular rates are a bit high...not the best value. I have no problem paying $25-30 and then contributing to the cause at the 19th hole.

Buffalo, Minnesota