Boulder Pointe Golf Club

Boulder Pointe Golf Course
Scorecard for Boulder Pointe
Black M: 70.9/128 345 340 352 210 490 479 397 141 355 3109 349 325 386 162 478 136 356 414 569 3175 6284
White M: 69.3/124 327 313 330 184 475 456 372 124 346 2927 327 311 362 140 466 123 333 394 545 3001 5928
Gold M: 67.4/120 W: 71.9/129 305 288 304 154 430 421 346 117 336 2701 302 295 332 120 444 115 301 373 520 2802 5503
Red W: 68.6/122 302 258 272 132 380 405 265 101 240 2355 282 211 304 108 400 105 275 361 497 2543 4898

Year Built 2002
Golf Season April - October
Architect Kevin Norby (2002) Don Herfort (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard accepted
Dress code Shirts required.

Bad experience if you use Golfnow

2 buddies and I took the day off of work to do a golfnow promo. If we booked wed night and played by the end of the weekend we each get 3-$20 rounds free. We had a tee time for Fri 10am. Woke up to texts from my buddies that the course cancelled our round through golfnow due to weather. It was clear and 50 degrees. I finally got a hold of the course. They said they cancelled it since we were the only tee time. Told the person what we were loosing out on. Said he would contact golfnow and call me back. I golfed 2 rounds at stonebrook and still have not heard back. So I called the course back. A guys answers and i asked if they had any tee times today. He said sure do. I said really I heard you were closed. He informs me people have been playing all day. I asked why they cancelled the golfnow and why did the person I talked to tell me they cancelled it since we were the only tee time for the day. He did not want to bring in staff for one tee time. Which was a complete lie. Do not go to this course if you are using an app they may cancel you because they dont feel like honoring the price you got it for. Thankfully a great course Stonebrooke fit us in so our last good day of golf was not ruin since it is supposed to rain and snow tomorrow.

Excellent value and worth the trip!

I have played Boulder Point quite a few times since it's opening. The course has matured very well over the years and is in very good condition. Pace of play is excellent, generally 3 1/2 hours (or less!).

Great Value

Not particularly long, 3 & 5 woods off many of the tees, but a great value for your golfing dollar.

Pace of play on the back 9 was slow, but course in great shape.

Hidden Gem

This course is very scenic and relatively new. My husband and I have not been here for years due to belonging to a private course since 2011. We decided to play somewhere else on the spur of the moment, and we were reminded how fun and well maintained this course is. We are used to playing at very high end courses, but the value we received here was outstanding. It was $40 per person with a cart. The drinks were very reasonably priced, and the staff is very friendly and flexible. While overall the course is not as difficult as what we are used to playing, some of the holes are very challenging. There are plenty of hazards and many of the narrow fairways slope towards a hazard. There are plenty of elevation changes, and beautifully scenery with cart path bridges all over the place. We would definitely golf here again. It was a very fun afternoon.

Good Course, Challenging Green

Big greens, fast as they should be and lots of undulation. Very nice course.

Minnesota Advisor

Fun Course, Lots of Water

If you like water, you'll love Boulder Pointe Golf Club. You'll be hitting a ball over water or trying to avoid water or marshland on at least 15 holes on the course. The course isn't long, 6,284 yards from the back tees and 5,928 from the middle tees, so you won't need driver on every hole. The undulating fairways are comfortably wide except for a few places, and there isn't much tree coverage. Rough is high enough that you might have trouble finding a ball that wanders from the fairway (and doesn't end up in water). There isn't a whole lot of sand on the course, most fairways have only one fairway bunker at the most and on many holes there is only one greenside bunker. The greens are well-maintained, smooth, and moderately fast. The undulations provide some surprisingly subtle breaks, so be sure to take a 360 degree look at your putt before addressing the ball. The course is built in a housing development, but the houses don't really intrude on the course and you don't feel like you have to avoid hitting into back yards. Your round begins with a fairly easy 327 yard (from the middle tees) par 4. There is marsh right and water left about 200 yards out, so a drive down the middle is a must. From there, your approach shot is to a green that has no sand around it to worry about. The seventh hole requires that you carry your tee shot over water and at the same time avoid marsh on the left and water on the right of the fairway. The carry isn't much, only about 150 yards from the middle tees, but it's enough to get in your head. The back nine begins with more of what you've seen already- lots of water! The 10th hole (327 yards from the middle tees) features small ponds short right and long left, and a large pond at the end of the fairway about 245 yards out. Take less than driver and you'll have a short to mid iron to the green. The last hole (545 yards, par 5) was my favorite on the whole course. Your drive is from an elevated tee down a valley to a sharp dogleg left. Unless you really trust your draw, it might be best to use a fairway wood or long iron off the tee to avoid going straight into the woodsy marsh. From there, the hole opens up and heads uphill to a large green with only one bunker on the left. Finish with a par and head for your after-round refreshment. Boulder Pointe is only about a half-hour drive from Minneapolis, and well worth the drive.

Gone Downhill

First play Boulder Pointe two years ago and the course/clubhouse were in good shape. First time out there this year and the course conditions were awful. Bunkers were not groomed, with weeds starting to overtake them. Also, it may be time to fix the tire tracks going across the #6 green. I saw those same tracks last year and nothing has been done about them since. I won't be making the 20 minute drive to play here again.

Boulder Point is fun to play!

Enjoyable course that makes you think, while giving you a challange.

Worst course I can remember!

They first did not do good enough scheduling times. My friend and I were behind a group of 7 or 8 that all knew each other and wouldn't let us play through. Then the course was just poor with a green that needed serious care with tracks right through the middle, making it impossible to putt. It will be my first and last time playing that over priced, poor conditioned course with maybe 4 or 6 actual playable holes.

Needs work

It didn't look like anybody knew how to repair a ball mark on the greens or fix their divots on the tee boxes they were less than poor to say the least. I also didn't like the fact that you couldn't use your driver for more than five of the holes due to the layout.

Boulder Pointe

Overall good course. Needs some work on some of the greens and fairways, but its early spring. I think the course will look great in a month and during the summer. Excited to play here again in the future!

Tough And Nice Public Course

The first nice weekend in a couple of weeks and many people had the same idea as I did. For as many people were out the pace of play was pretty good. The starter was great letting us head out a little early because we were ready and had great tips for the challenges that laid ahead for us. Only knock was the sand that I unfortunately had to navigate. Still a little hard but again it is a little early in the season and will most likely improve as the season moves on. Overall my round was enjoyable on a tough course and I only wish I played better than I did.

great course for the money

good course,, lots of challenges, water, tress, and out of bounds, and moundy greens making it tricky to putt.

Early April Round at Bounder

We do not expect great conditions for golf in early April in Minnesota. But, we were pleasantly surprised with the condition of Bounder Point, especially the greens. It is a fun course to play, with lots of tee box choices. It was very windy and mid 50s, but we still had fun. Got paired up with a nice twosome too.

Nice course, good value

Course in good shape for April. Good value at $25 (golf now price). Only complaint, LOTS of geese and goose droppings.

FunCourse inGrest Shape!

Course was in remarkably good shape for all the rain that's fallen. Fairways, greens, all in good shape. Excellent value and incredibly friendly and accommodating staff. Not the longest track but a definite challenge!

Really nice

Not the longest course in the world, but in great condition. Great variety of holes and shots to be played.

New Prague, Minnesota