Type Municipal/Resort
Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park

Year Built 2003
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Brian Ault (2003)

Snacks

Lodging

Lodging Available

• Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2019 #39)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2019 #1) (2018 #6) (2017 #5) (2016 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2019 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2018 #19)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2018 #9)

Keep coming back again & again!

Another golf trip in the books at Dale Hollow. What I believe was our 8th annual trip, the course was in excellent condition as always. The friendliest staff there is. Congratulations to head Pro Ron Roberts on his retirement in the coming weeks. We will miss seeing you but very happy for him nevertheless. Course was busy ( good for them), but pace of play was not an issue at all. With so much beauty your surrounded by, wouldn’t be an issue even if there is the occasional wait or two.

Heaven

Friends, I spent 20 years in the navy. I’ve played some of the best courses in 23 countries. I’d put this one up against any of them. A fine gentleman in the pro shop welcomed me even though I was an hour early. He gave me the overall layout of the place and sent us on our way. Every hole was worthy of a quick pic. Lots of rain early in the week made it a cart path only day, but it was special enough to make us not care. Wildlife on almost every hole. Great layout meant the hole you were playing was the only hole you saw. Would have been a deal for hundreds of dollars. At $45 a pop it’s a steal.

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Course

We always try to travel 1 1/2 hours to play this course a couple times a year. This is a tough course and when it is cart path only makes it real difficult as you will get wore down.
The Staff is 100% some of the best.
A lot of nice items for sale in the club house
Breathtaking views on many holes.
Pace of play was a little slow as a group in front of us was have a little bit to much sauce.

Beautiful course

This is third time here and it is fantastic (again). The only thing that need work is the bunkers (and they have done some work on them). Otherwise, there is nothing wrong about course. Greens, fairways, tee boxes are all great. Staff is also great. I got there quite a bit before my tee time, but they let me go as soon as I got ready. Wish this course was closer. But, it is worth the 2 1/2 hour drive.

Good to be back

It's been approximately 15 years since I've played Dale Hollow, and I was looking forward to a return visit. The course did not disappoint. If anything, it is in better shape than it was all those years ago. The tee boxes and fairways were excellent and the rough was well maintained. The greens were in great shape but rolled a bit slower than I anticipated. They looked fast but were not. That's okay considering how much break you have to play on most greens. If they were running 9, 10 or better, I don't know if I could make a put there.
My only disappointment was the group in front of us was exceptionally slow. They spent a lot of time in the woods hunting golf balls and did not play ready. Listen, at a course like DH, you're going to hit stray shots. Just drop one and move on. Balls are like Doritos, they'll make more.
Overall, I really had a great experience. I won't wait another 15 years before heading back.

Dale Hollow GC

This course is a must for any Ky golfer. It’s a bit of a drive to get there but well with it. Great course layout, with fantastic scenery. Not the easiest course so bring your A game

Better the second time around!

Well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to okay this great course. This was the 2nd time I have played this course and it still doesn’t disappoint! No matter what tees you play from or what type of skilled player you are, it’s always a challenge!
If anyone has looked at this course online and says I really should play that sometime- find time and do it! You won’t be disappointed!

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

I've played a lot of courses all over Florida, and the RTJ courses in Alabama. This is one of the BEST!
I could not believe how great the conditions were!
And so AFFORDABLE!!!! PLAY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!

Great Value

Thank you for a fantastic day of golf! The greens were excellent, tee boxes and fairways could not have been better. Our day was such fun. The course was different enough that each hole was a new adventure. I will be back!

No sophomore jinx

First made the 2hr 20 minute journey from Nashville 2 years ago and was wowed by the fantastic layout. Course was still in major upgrade mode with, at best, only half the bunkers filled with sand and multiple tee boxes being resodded. The layout was so fabulous that even that didn't stop us from giving it a 5 star then. Vowed to return in a few years to see the improvements. Last Saturday we returned and were wowed anew. They still have a number of bunkers to reclaim but the ones that were filled since two years ago were beautiful. Brand new white sand. Looked gorgeous. All tee boxes were back in play with nice level lies, The condition of the course was top notch. Lies in fairways were good with nice tight grass under them. Greens were in excellent shape. They do not keep them very fast because if they were , they would be a little unfair with all the slope in the greens. That's not say they were slow, just needed a little extra oomph on the uphillers and the downhillers didn't roll an extra ten feet after you thought they would stop. Plus the greens are fairly challenging to get on in the first place. Nice to allow pretty straightforward putting after one's efforts to get on the green. We let a single thru on the front and a foursome let us play thru them on the back so golf chivalry is not dead here. Our 3some played in 3hr 50 minutes, trying with all our might to extend the length of the round due to beauty of this course. Another 5 star outing. If this course was back in Nashville, it would no doubt be private so the remoteness of the course is actually a blessing in disguise. Can't wait for next opportunity to play!

Stunning Course

This is the best public golf course in Kentucky hands down. Beautiful fairways and greens with amazing scenery. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

great course and great day

Booked my round thru Golf Now using one of my reward codes. They were slow that day so I played by myself. Course was in good shape ( few minor areas were showing some wear, but that is not unusual this time of year and considering the weird weather we had this summer). If you are ever in the area, it is worth the drive to come and play here. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Extremely well kept!!

The fairways and greens are very well kept almost as if they were artificial grass! 1st and 2nd rough were in great shape! I might have seen maybe 3 sand traps that were under construction at the time, with the rest of the traps looking great with actual white sands contrasting the bright green well kept grasses. Seen a ton of wildlife, 12 deer and a turkey. Played chicken with a buck on 16 ... he won! Just a stunning mountain course with friendly staff great service and great prices! I’ll be back whenever I’m in town!

Albany, Kentucky