Hidden Cove Golf Course at Grayson Lake State Park

Tee 2 72 6469 yards
Tee 3 72 5781 yards
Tee 4 72 4948 yards
Scorecard for Hidden Cove
Tee 1 M: 73.1/135 417 443 583 160 545 420 186 448 375 3577 380 225 538 355 406 185 647 432 410 3578 7155
Tee 2 M: 70.5/129 356 387 526 135 509 374 155 414 327 3183 343 205 525 335 370 155 583 398 372 3286 6469
Tee 3 M: 67.9/124 326 360 486 110 497 344 118 390 278 2909 311 159 440 254 328 152 525 368 335 2872 5781
Tee 4 W: 68.3/120 214 328 425 92 436 296 96 352 214 2453 260 122 391 237 289 133 489 310 264 2495 4948

Year Built 2003
Architect Brian Ault (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, American Express
Dress code Men are required to wear shirts with collars and sleeves. No cut off shorts of any type and no swimwear. Ladies: sleeveless golfing attire for ladies is permitted due to the design of ladies golf wear. Ladies may not wear halter tops or spaghetti straps.

Such a Shame

I have been playing this course once or twice a year since it opened. I live outside the area but it has always been worth a visit each summer. Not anymore. The state seems to have cut the budget for its golf courses and Hidden Cove has really paid the price. Tee boxes are lost. They aren not entirely dirt, but the grass they do have is mainly weeds/crab grass. The fairways still look good but are terribly shaggy. The clubhouse said they were down two maintenance workers, and it shows. The rough is utterly atrocious. Even right off the greens the grass is nothing but weeds and in spots it's above your ankles, even up to your shins. And folks, I'm not talking about legitimate, challenging rough. I love this course and hate to see it in this condition. The mosquitos are terrible, but that's not surprising given how tall the grass is. Greens are in average shape, but are slow, and many bunkers are unplayable. It's really a shame because Eastern KY doesn't have many good courses and this was always the best course you could play. Not sure where golfers in the area will go now, but I can't see coming back to this once great track.

Challenging Course

Course is very challenging. Sand traps needs work and most were having a new base applied. Fairways had bad spots with no grass. Greens and tee boxes were good. Last time I played the course it was in excellent shape. Fairways and bunkers were excellent. Something went wrong! Friendly staff.

Bad experience

The fairways were still brown understandably. As far as value of the course the greens are to tight and laid out like a par3 course.

It was the day before Turkey season and My son and I wanted to play a round while headed to Elliott County to hunt. They should keep survelence cameras in the lot. Our vehicle was broken into while we were on the course and lost $1500 in guns because of a thief and there’s no cameras anywhere. Pretty pathetic for a state course to not invest in a $300 survelece system just to deter a thief.

I've been a member ever since you started. No more . You penalize by having to wait 3 days to use the 10.00 dollars coupon ,whatever you call it.I'll lose 1 or 2 coupons by this stupid rule.

Really good course for the money

Course is fairly narrow but in excellent condition. Greens had been aerated but were still fair. Some work being done on the sand traps. The ones open were fair, with good sand. Fairways were in good condition. Several short par 4's to make it fun to play.

Hidden Cove

Beautiful big Good staff. Had to use every club in the bag. Couldn't ask for more. Lots of fun

It's sad!

I have played this course many times and it is one of my favorite golf courses... I must say that it is a sad sight to see now... they are letting the bunkers go on some holes... and crab grass is starting to appear... hopfuly they will get it back in good shape next year but it was really sad to see a great course like this one take a turn for the worst.

Best for the money

Great fairways, Great greens, courteous staff. Maybe the best value in this area.

One of the best State Park courses

Didn't know what to expect but we weren't disappointed. Beautiful surroundings with nice greens and fairways. Most of the course plays through the State Park forest with plenty of natural beauty and wildlife. Course is challenging for all levels and is in way better than average conditions. Pro Shop was well stocked and the staff was very friendly and helpful - before and after our round. Very well maintained facilities and equipment. My wife and I have played most all of the State Courses and this one is at the top of the list for best all-around. We'll definitely be back. You should give it a try. J

Excellent Experience

Great staff.

Well-maintained course.

Beautiful setting.

Traps, woods, water hazards, hills.

Great greens.

Friendly patrons.

A+

Bunkers are in extremely poor shape

The course management continue to ignore the many bunkers on this golf course. The drainage is very poor and they go un-raked by the staff. Players do try to take but mostly we have to pull the ball out because the ball is unplayable.

A new favorite when I'm in town

I was in town for business and got the opportunity to play a round, so I booked here on GolfNow. I love the course. It was fun to play despite being challenging. The condition was great and the setting is beautiful. My only criticism is that the rough areas just off the fairway and greens are so thick and tall that finding a ball that went slightly off was difficult. On 18 I hit a beautiful wedge that sailed a bit long. I watched my ball bounce on the green just over the flag and jump into the rough behind the green. I found and repaired my ball mark, but despite the relatively small area it could have gone to....I couldn't find my ball. That's the only reason I didn't give a 5 Star. I wish a 4.5 Star was available to give though, because the course is very fun to play and for the price the value is amazing. I'll be back next time I'm in town...I'll just be a lot more careful about ball placement. This is not the course to grip it and rip it....fairways are a must.

Great shape for this time of year

They have really worked on a majority of the bunkers and have done a good job! Greens were super healthy for November!!

Corse still needs tlc

Course is okay. Not worth $44.75. They are finally trying to get the bunkers in shape. I only play this course with a hot deal on the upside the staff is very friendly and accommodating and the driving ranges Fair

Always a challenge

Course in good shape for this time of year

Staff friendly

Chicken salad sandwich was awesome

Beautiful setting