Drake Creek Golf Club

Drake Creek Golf Club
Yellow 72 5779 yards 67.2 123
Scorecard for Drake Creek Golf Club
Blue M: 71.6/132 410 515 411 345 192 548 152 337 414 3324 372 387 341 532 381 408 323 209 437 3390 6714
White M: 69.2/127 380 487 372 315 170 522 123 312 384 3065 341 357 322 508 352 375 298 186 411 3150 6215
Yellow M: 67.2/123 354 456 354 307 146 491 104 293 364 2869 317 332 298 474 323 353 267 163 383 2910 5779
Red M: 64.4/117 W: 68.8/121 326 439 329 244 126 461 81 255 298 2559 281 288 278 451 299 304 240 137 309 2587 5146

Year Built 1999
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent
Architect Richard Osborne (1999)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Perfect day at the golf course.

8:00 tee time, arrived at 7:30 and was able to start immediately. First one on the course! Fairways are in excellent condition. Rough not too high but accuracy is a plus. Greens grass is in very good condition, but too many unrepaired ball marks. This is the disrespectful golfers problem, not the golf course. Otherwise, a good day.

Poor greens

First, the greens are bent grass. This area gets too hot for bent grass in the summer. Some of the greens had brown or barren areas on them.

Second, the greens looked like warzones! Apparently the majority of golfers who play here don't know what repairing your ball marks means! Greens were pock marked so badly they looked like the craters on the moon. Impossible to get a smooth roll to the cup!

Response from Drake Creek Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello Steve, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Drake Creek Golf Club, in the Ledbetter area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Stressed

Ok conditions but greens are getting heat stress I hope they don’t lose them. Fairways are dry and hard for zoyza

Response from Drake Creek Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Drake Creek Golf Club and for leaving us another review. We are sorry that the course conditions were not up to par during your recent experience with us. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape for the summer, and we hope the conditions have improved the next time you are with us. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to having you back again sometime soon.

Fun course nice price

Love the course and can't beat it for the price. Greens a little rough but playable.

First time so was unfamiliar with layout. Course has challenging holes and we enjoyed it. The greens were a little rough. Looks like people didn't fix their ball makes. We'll play ghere again.

Staff was friendly

Hidden Gem

Course was in good shape, a few unique holes, if you don't know the layout a few holes can be confusing. Found myself in a little trouble a couple holes hitting the ball where I intended; however, it wasn't right for that hole. Well worth the effort to play.

Normally I would not play Drake Creek on a weekend because of slow play but this round was a particularly nice pace

1St time in Paducah

I was in the area for business and decided to try out Drake's Creek.

It was a interesting course to play that was in pretty good shape.

The greens overall were good and the fairways for the most part were in good shape also.

The only negative was having to wait a half hour to tee off when no one was there due to the fact I booked on Golfnow.

One of West Kentucky's best courses

All in all this a great, challenging, yet fun course to play. Course has always been in good condition and it's layout is pretty neat with quite a of water and some elevation changes. Very friendly staff and great food at the Patio Grill.

Please focus on your greens...

I've played this course on numerous occassions. Each time I've always wondered, "Why dont they take better care of the greens". This is a great, precision course. Regular price is upwards of $40. The greens don't justify having these prices. This is one of the most expensive courses in the area. Using GolfNow makes me feel better about playing there. I'm ok with paying $20 for a great course with so-so greens. But not $40. Please, focus on your greens...

Review

First time playing the course, came up from Nashville for a tournament. Staff was very friendly. The course was in pretty good shape. Tee boxes & fairways were in fantastic shape. The greens weren't in the best of shape because previous players did not fix pitch marks & they were everywhere.The greens were very bumpy & fairly slow.

Will not return

Ive played this course a few times over the years and this was the last straw. Booked 18 holes and drove 45 minutes from my house to play here, get here on time and was told we'd have to play the back 9 twice because they had the front 9 closed. Stuff like this has happened 3 times to me now with this course. Also had several bad patches in fairways. And pace of play was slow, because everybody was on the back 9.

Fun times

Drake Creek was in excellent shape and I forgot how challenging and fun this course can be.

EXCELLENT COURSE

I have played this course several times before and I think now is in optimal condition. The fairways are like carpet and the greens have recovered from the winter, they are not too fast or slow, they have the best grass.

Love playing this course

Always love playing this course. The tee boxes and fairways are second to none in the area. Greens were pretty bad, but thats what you get having bent grass around here. Was a very good day weather wise, so lots of people on course and pace of play was fairly slow. But would definitely recommend playing this course. Just wish the greens were in better shape.

The greens are in rough shape

This course is one of my favorites in Western Kentucky. Unfortunately, the greens, especially on the back nine, have fallen victim to the abundance of rain and heat we've had this summer. 7 greens on the back are basically lost at this point. The front is also spotty right now, but not lost. Other than the greens the course is in is typical great shape. Hopefully as the temps cool down the greens week be in much better shape. When they are decent I would highly recommend the course.

Paducah, Kentucky