Style Links
Southwyck Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Ken Kavanaugh (1988)

Pleasantly surprised

The course was 90* today. It’s in really good shape. The fairways and greens were better than the last time we played it. However the tee boxes would benefit from some TLC.

Commented on 01/22/2020

Hi Sfno12, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We're going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make further improvements, but we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round. Thanks for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club!

Commented on 01/08/2020

Thanks for the 5-star review and choosing Southwyck Golf Club! Come back soon.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Hi Gscoligan, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your recent experience with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Commented on 12/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/23/2019

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your 4-star rating, QUINTIN2188161! We're glad you enjoyed your round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Gorgeous greens

Compared to past years it’s noticeable improvement, I really enjoyed the water that in play on many holes, risk and reward demanding your full attention or else. Highly recommended.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star review and feedback on our course improvements! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Bad Experience

My 12 yr old son and I decided to try and squeeze in some holes and got to the course around 3pm on 11/30. I'd seen the online rate of $18 per person but was quoted more at the course, so I stood there and booked online on my phone through the course website. My total said $41.32, with $5.32 paid online and the confirmation said "total due at course $36". Once the online reservation showed up on the computer at the course, the attendant told me I owed $38-something (can't remember exact). I showed her my phone and she said that didn't include tax. But I showed her the line item that said "Taxes and fees $5.32". She was confused and went to get the manager. The manager tried to tell me it was a Golf Now Hot Deal and that I still had to pay tax, which it most certainly was not. Either way I tried to ask for an explanation as to how it says "total due at course" but that I can still be charged more at the course. She said it was my responsibility to take it up with Golf Now and that what was she supposed to do, discount my fee and then have to do it for everyone else? Needless to say I was stunned at being treated like this. I asked if she was willing to lose a customer over less than $3 and she just smirked and didn't say anything. I told her she should not discount my fee but that I should be allowed to play for what my confirmation says I owe, which was $36 and not a penny more. We walked out and I've now sent an email to the courses and the management company and am now leaving this review on Golf Now so that others can be warned that just because you're given a total charge online, they will try and charge you more once you get there. I sincerely hope that Southwyck will make this right.

Commented on 01/07/2020

You must have dealt with The Hot dog manager. She smirks alot and leaves alot of people unhappy, despite the numerous complaints from employees and customers, she is still there, making customers unhappy. Bad management.

Commented on 12/02/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, however, we're truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. On behalf of our staff, we apologize for any misunderstanding and poor customer service as this is by no means the experience we aim to provide. Your comments have been passed along appropriately as we've addressed the discrepancy with GolfNow, and this should not be a concern moving forward. Your refund has been issued from GolfNow, so you should see this reflect on your account over the next few days. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to General Manager, Jennifer Spoor, in the golf shop. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved experience soon.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Update: The General Mgr called me the very next morning and completely rectified the whole situation. She agreed that the situation was poorly handled and invited us back to play a round on her. Top notch response and we'll definitely be back now.

Nice but NOT

Overall the course was in great shape, greens were in almost perfect condition. MAJOR ISSUE is it took almost 6 hours to play a round. The last 3 holes it was it was almost to dark to play. The course Marshall did not do a good job at keeping the pace of play. Even with that the course and condition along with cost this course is well worth the money.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club, and we truly appreciate your 4-star review. However, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay of play during your recent round. We can assure you our staff works diligently to ensure a timely pace of play for all of our guests, but we're sorry to hear we missed the mark on the day of your round. Your comments have been shared appropriately, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better golf experience soon!

Getting better

Greens were greatly improved from the last time I played. Every green was fair and playable. Previously this was not the case.

Bunkers were not in great shape. Fairways were not super great but playable. Layout of the course is fun. Lots of elevation changes, water and undulations make every shot different and challenging.

Not a pristine course by any means, but for +- $30 that includes cart and 2 free drinks, it’s a good value.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Hi Tex1986, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements as our team has been working hard, but we're going to pass along your feedback so they can continue to make changes. Thanks for visiting us and come back soon!

Great layout

Conditions were average or below, but the layout is just really good. When the rates drop same day, this is one of my favorite courses.

Commented on 11/25/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review and your feedback has been shared with our staff for any potential improvements. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Solid Course

Fun course with some interesting layouts. Conditions were good for time of the year. The greens were very respectable and rolled pretty well. Staff was friendly from start to finish. Would play again

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hi Ron2017, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club!

Winter round

Course was in very good shape-drains away water very well. We had 3.5 inches of water over the previous three days prior to my round, and there were few wet spots either in fairway or in the rough!
Green were in good shape for this time of year!
Staff was friendly and amenable.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hi Greg7847013, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club again soon!

Good Time

This course has been getting better and better but the best are the Greens, that are súper and fast!

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you for your 4-star review and great feedback on our course improvements! Please book another round with us soon at Southwyck Golf Club.

Needs help!

One of my regular rotation courses, played it over 20 times this year and I have seen it in much better shape, the sand traps and green side bunkers are unplayable, fairways need help as well.
On the positive side, the greens were rolling true and the new golf carts are a nice upgrade.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi Jahued, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're sorry to see that your recent experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Your feedback is very important to our staff for future improvements, and we truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course.

Beautiful day and great golf course

It was the perfect day to golf. 75 degrees. 6mph wind. And a beautiful golf course. Made 3 birdies including one on the long par 4 #3! Couldn't believe it. Made my day. The greens are in great shape. Fairways are very nice. Management is definitely doing the right thing. Bunker TLC is happening. Will play again.

Great Golf Course

Southwyck is by far one of my all time favorite course to play on. I like everything about this golf course. I consider it my home course.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi Kevin1161247, thanks for your 5-star review & dedication to playing at Southwyck Golf Club! We truly appreciate your support and can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi Colton2292, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Southwyck Golf Club.

Great experience

The course was in great shape. Never had to wait during round. Friendly employees.

Commented on 10/25/2019

beharr, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Kramer

Course was in great shape! Greens were amazing from earlier in the golf season.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi leroij, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars! We truly appreciate the great feedback on the course and look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club again soon.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.