Style Links
Southwyck Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Ken Kavanaugh (1988)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Fitness

Anonymous

Southwyck Rules

Links course in very good condition. Friendly staff, well laid out and plenty of challenge.

Conditions are deteriorating

No traps. Greens recently sanded for the second time in 6 weeks. Need water on fairways soon

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi u000004658024, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience & understanding as our staff works hard to keep the course up to par, but your feedback has been shared with our team for any improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

From Tee to Green

Fantastic layout. The greens on every hole is great! I can’t wait to play this course again. I shot my best round here of 81, and I’ve only been playing golf for 8 years.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, Kevin1161247! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, TKhalidi! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, Bemywishm3! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club!

Much Better

Haven't played here in over a year and was glad to see the conditions were much improved.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating & great feedback, swstringham! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club!

Great course/Great value

The course is always fun and in great shape. The staff is friendly. The course layout is good and the greens are the best in the area.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi u7391832, we're so glad that you enjoyed your time at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another great golf experience!

Need Raincheck or Refund due to lighting

We only played one hole and had to cancel the round due to thunder and lighting storms. Was told by the course that raincheck would have to be provided through GolfNow. Please advise on the process since I can not find anywhere to do so on the website for the past day.

The confirmation number is Confirmation #334105804.

Thanks in advance for your customer service and support.

MA

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hi u000007762552, we're sorry to hear your last round with us was affected by the poor weather. Regarding a raincheck, GolfNow would be happy to rectify the situation since your reservation was made through their system. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity, and please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club. We hope to welcome you back on a better day soon!

Awesome Course - Great Value

Fun and challenging course just south of downtown. The course was in excellent condition (other than the green on #1, which was in fairly rough shape). Will definitely come back and play again.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi u2150667, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

Disappointed!

Grew up playing this course, and it is by far in the worst condition it’s ever been. Staff is very friendly but no one managing pace of play. Tee boxes are rock hard, fairways are dry and cracked in some spots, and greens are rough on some holes. I love this course, when it’s in good shape it plays well but I don’t know what’s going on as of recently. Hopefully they get it back in order.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi gcastillo2009, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're very sorry to hear your latest experience with us did not meet our usual standards. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course and can assure you your comments have been escalated to our staff for improvements. Please feel free to reach out to our team in the golf shop if you would like to discuss any concerns furthers as we always welcome the feedback. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, Chris6503685! We're glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club!

Rough conditions course

Surprised how bad the conditions were on this course. All greens have ground under repair areas. Looks like a low budget municipal. This course was known as one of the best in the Houston area. What has happened here?

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hi LP2011, thank you for reviewing the course, however, we apologize for the poor experience you had during your recent visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us as our team is always working to get everything up to par. Your experience is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we encourage you to contact our pro shop staff directly so we may address any specific concerns with you directly. We will continue to work towards an excellent golf experience by using your comments for guidance and hope we can welcome you back for a better round soon.

Best Value in Pearland

I had a great time on Sunday playing a round of golf. I reserved my tee time using the Golf Now app. I was paired up with a couple. They were really nice folks and I enjoyed talking with them and playing my round. I'm new to the Houston area and golf is a way for me to meet new people. This time, there was no wait for golf carts. The staff does a great job of disinfecting the golf carts before you use them. The staff is very friendly and professional. I used the Southwyck GC app to track my scores and use the range GPS. The course itself is very nice and somewhat challenging. The only downside to playing here is the sand traps are not maintained. This is the reason I cannot give the course 5 stars. Otherwise, it's a great place to play and meet new people.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hi u000005767223, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We're so glad to hear you had a great time with us but as we aim for a 5-star golf experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club and come back soon!

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hi u8284319, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Slowest pace of play in Houston, NO MARSHALL AND UNPROFESSIONAL STARTER

Had a tee time for 2 at a twilight rate. The male starter there informs me the twosome we were paired with wants to play by themselves, and makes us wait as they tee off first. This is the first time I've ever run into this situation in my 20 years of golf. We ended up waiting 15 minutes on every hole as the course was backed up, our round took over 5 hours and we did not even get to finish before dark. The audacity this starter had to do this at a twilight time and back up everyone behind us just does not make any sense. There is no Marshall on the course, and everytime I play here the round takes over 5 hours. I will never be returning.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course, however, we truly apologize for the delay of play during your last round and any inconvenience you may have experienced as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve by using your review for guidance, but we encourage you to reach out to our pro shop staff directly so we may address your concerns with you further. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hi u314160168599, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/12/2020

Hi u314160178345, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club soon!

Pearland, Texas