Style Links
Southwyck Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Ken Kavanaugh (1988)

Always challenging

This course is a great value for any type skill level. Greens are in great shape and fairways are always lush.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi Southpawlikesgolf, thank you for your 5-star rating and amazing feedback on the course! Please book another round with us soon at Southwyck Golf Club and be sure to look out for your review shared on our Facebook page.

Great Golf Course

I called Thursday prior to our 12:30pm tee time on Friday. Asked if another can join. While the golf course does not permit 5somes to play on weekends, they were ok with it. Friday was a beautiful day to play. Greens are in excellent condition, the best I've seen at Southwyck in quite some time. Fairways are great too. Bunkers do need some TLC, but other than that, it was a great day. Will definitely play again. On a side note, there was a 4some that played so slow, our 5some was constantly waiting on them! We let 4 singles passed us. It's only right and the proper thing to do. I almost wanted to ask the 4some to let us pass. We play fast.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi HopNguyen, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on the course! We're so glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements, however, we apologize for any inconvenience regarding other players on the course. We will use your comments for guidance and hope to welcome you back for another round soon at Southwyck Golf Club!

Played On 10/3

Southwyck finally has their greens back after months of struggling to save them. The course is in good shape overall and the greens haven't been this good in probably a year.

One suggestion - you have decent carts, but the governors are set way too slow. Would be nice if you turned them up a notch!!

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi prberard, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club, and come back soon!

Commented on 10/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Southwyck is back and so are we

My wife and I played this golf course regularly when it was good. I have around 40 rounds logged at this golf course. When it's good, it's GREAT, but when it's bad, it's really bad. I'm happy to say, it's GOOD. New management has done a fantastic job at restoring the greens and making improvement overall. Greens on hole 7 and 16 use to be a mess, and now both are very nice. We will make Southwyck our weekly golf course.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi HopNguyen, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on our course improvements! We truly appreciate your support as we aim to provide a valuable golf experience for our customers. Please book another round with us soon at Southwyck Golf Club!

Trending in the right direction

While it did rain today... didn't stop us from playing. Greens have dramatically improved. Fairways look great. Bunkers need some TLC. Other than that... we will play here again.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent golfing experience with us! Your feedback is extremely valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Southwyck Golf Club thanks you!

Well maintained, professional staff, great amenities

Commented on 09/19/2019

Hi, we are thrilled with your review and recommendation of us! We will make sure to let our entire staff know that their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Better by the day

This golf course had been improving every day. The new management have done a great job of reviving the greens after they were burned by the previous staff. The course is challenging, nice layout and the staff are very nice.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi randyw8483, thank you for your 4-star review and sharing your positive feedback on our course improvements! Please book another round with us soon at Southwyck Golf Club. We truly appreciate your support!

Great Place to golf with friends

The course is well designed. Beautiful scenery throughout. The course is very well maintained. I’m looking forward to playing here again very soon. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the highest overall golf experience here, I give it a 9.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi Kevin, thank you for providing us with feedback of your round! We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent time with us here at Southwyck Golf Club. We work very hard to create a seamless experience for our golfers and are pleased that we were able to do that for you. We hope to see you again soon for another amazing round with us!

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience with us at Southwyck Golf Club. We hope that you get the chance to come back again for another amazing round with us!

Fun

Really liked the layout of the course. Had some bunkers that could of used some tlc as well as some spots on the fairways. Greens were almost back from being punched but still rolled well. Practice area was decent and all right by the clubhouse which was nice. I will say that the Christmas music playing on the speakers made me laugh at the unexpectedness of it. Would go back again.

Nice Surprise

I've been hesitant to play here because I've heard bad things about course conditions. I was very pleasantly surprised. Conditions were as good or better than any other similarly priced course and this is one of my favorite layouts. The par 3's were all beautiful holes. Par 5's were all different lengths including one that was 425 yards (Black box)! I'm usually an automatic layup, but even I had to go for this one! All lengths of par-4's. I just can't say enough about the layout. Bunkers were really my only complaint- well documented in other reviews. I would suggest agreeing to a "lift-rake-and-place" rule in your own group or as a local rule for the course until the bunkers can be maintained by the staff. Greens were pretty sandy, but rolled great. Average speed for the area. Quite a bit of water. There was the grassy weeds around the course, but very little of it was in the fairways, etc. Pace of play was great and I played at 8:00AM on Sunday! The course is obviously operating with a limited budget, but for the cost this is one of my new favorites. There was also some repairs taking place on #1, so I know they are putting money back into the course. Definitely recommend; definitely will be back.

Good layout but need work

Fun course to play but course could be great if conditions were better! Tee boxes are inconsistent with long and short grass. Fairways are good-recent rain has help.
Sand traps are horrible-just not well keep. Condition may be rain related with weeds and lack of sand?? Greens are coming back and are nice. Punched and lightly sanded. That’s ok, has to be done. Still can putt. Give it another week.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide your feedback. We strive to provide the very best golfer experience and are sorry to hear that the course conditions were not to your liking. We will work on making the necessary improvements and will use your comments as guidance. We hope you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved.

Great Value

Last month the greens were horrible. I don't know they did, but miraculous they have recovered them. The course is in pretty good shape even during the dog days of August!

The golf course look very nice! I met new friends on the tee box and played an enjoyable game!

The course has a nice lounge are, check out at pro shop way nice and the complementary drinks on the ticket was right on time along with the free lunch!!!

Great Layout and Value

I recently moved into the neighborhood and played this course for the second time this weekend. The course is in good shape and can be challenging to golfers of all skill level. Except most of the sand bunkers throughout the course are unplayable and the tee boxes could definitely use some improvement. Besides those two things I really enjoyed golfing here and will continue to return. For the price, the course is well worth it and enjoyable. WORK ON THOSE BUNKERS!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide your personal feedback of your round with us! We are happy to hear that you thought the course is in great shape. We work hard to keep course conditions excellent and are glad that you noticed this! With that being said, we will make sure to use your comments regarding the bunkers as guidance for improvement. We would like to welcome you to the area and hope to have you back again soon!

Old times

Greens are back and course in good shape.
Fairways are good but have some cracks.
Sand traps need much attention- this has always been an issue at Southwyck. All in all pace was good-under 4:hrs.
Practice green chipping are are back.
Wish they had a better food menu.

Good weekday value.

Conditions were mostly good for early August. Couple rough patches on a couple greens but overall the greens and fairways were good. Tee boxes were fair. Sand traps were horrible. Hard, drained, unkempt, unplayable. For a good price, it is a good value. It is a nice layout with some interesting holes.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback and will use it to make the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club.

Good Links course

I’ve played many rounds on this course and it’s always challenging. The condition of the greens are MUCH better. I will say that the tees need some work done to them. Overall, worth the $$

Commented on 08/02/2019

Hi Southpawlikesgolf. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Southwyck Golf Club.

Morning Heat

I typically play later in the afternoon but I went out with some friends to play an early round. This is the second time I have played this course and it was better than the first time around. Greens seemed in a little better shape but there were some mystery lines all over 2 of the holes. Glad I played early because it got hot in the afternoon. I also received my first senior discount. I just turned 55 and I got $10 off of my round. Very pleased with the value for the money from this course and its staff. Will definitely play here again.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.