Year Built 1994
Fairways Hybrid 419 Bermuda
Greens Bent

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Greens are a Mess

Fun course and the tee boxes and fairways are nice, however, the greens are a mess they had very recently been aerated. As such a greens fee discount would have I believe been justified.
If not for the greens this course would be a tremendous value. I'll definitely be back but next time when I call ahead I'll make sure to ask about those greens.

Course will be great when new greens mature

Country Hills won't beat you up with length and if you are hitting the ball relatively straight you won't find too much trouble. The real challenge during my recent round was green speed.

While we were waiting to tee off the starter/ranger David briefed us on the newly upgraded greens which have yet to fully mature. He also gave us a putting tutorial on the new greens which he stated were firm and fast. David told us to expect some inconsistencies with roll and distance depending on which side of the hole we find ourselves on. Boy was he right on. We struggled to get the ball to stop on approach shots and long putts, even shorter putts were tricky. The greens were lightning quick, but I expect they will slow down over time.

Although the greens were somewhat frustrating, the rest of the course was in very good shape. I generally had a good lie while hitting from the fairway or the rough. The hole layouts are interesting with enough risk/reward to keep things challenging. The Saturday morning tee sheet was full but we played in 4 hours 15 minutes.

By far my favorite part of the course though was the starter David. He chatted with us as we waited to tee off at the start and gave us an overview of what to expect on most of the holes. Once we got out on the course, he was buzzing around keeping play moving and continuously reminded us to "just have fun." I hope Country Hills keeps David around because he is an asset to the course experience.

I will certainly recommend the course and be back in the future.

Always friendly Staff and makes you feel welcome always!

Some greens are excellent but some are "balding" in spots which makes some putts "bumpy" but on 90 percent of the greens are fine for the little money you pay. Staff are excellent and always friendly. Will always be a course rotation for me, especially for the price.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

This course is well kept.

Love playing this course. I always have fun and the staff is friendly. The front 9 is a good worm up for the challenging back 9.

Great course for the money!

We played on "Black Friday" and the weather was perfect for golf. Therefore, the course was booked solid until well after noon, yet the pace of play was acceptable. Everyone was extremely nice and made you feel like your business was appreciated. The course was in great condition for late November. The greens are full of subtle breaks but if you are able to read them, they putt true. The course is fairly short but plays much longer.

Browns Summit, North Carolina