Woodhaven Course at The Resort at Glade Springs

Yellow 72 5376 yards 66.2 119
Scorecard for Woodhaven
Black M: 75.1/149 414 391 413 493 211 286 200 473 589 3470 541 445 169 506 456 365 418 195 557 3652 7122
Blue M: 73.0/143 387 356 382 487 185 279 167 447 548 3238 495 427 153 416 420 320 376 160 524 3291 6529
White M: 70.1/133 374 346 295 473 166 257 144 434 512 3001 452 410 142 388 383 306 336 159 433 3009 6010
Yellow M: 66.2/119 253 291 276 469 139 247 135 350 502 2662 404 362 111 335 371 248 324 141 418 2714 5376
Red W: 69.7/129 246 284 270 390 122 213 113 342 440 2420 364 356 97 327 328 235 286 133 380 2506 4926

Year Built 2010
Architect Ault, Clark & Associates (2010)

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bring your A game

Played here with a group of 20 guys on a golf trip. Course is in excellent condition with severe changes in elevation. Scenery was absolutely breathtaking. I would only recommend this course for accomplished golfers. If you have never broken 100, this course would be very frustrating and you would lose a ton of balls. Course has deep traps (with eyebrows), punishing rough, forced carries of over 100 yds. I would not hesitate to return. It is a real test of your golf skill

Sgood courses, mysterious thefts

Last year one of our 16 had a new box of balls stolen from his gear over night. This year my hundred dollar sunglasses were missing overnight from my gear. Besides looking in lost and found, the staff did nothing.

Courses are great and diverse. Challengibg but dont trust staff anymore

played Cobb cpurse

Actually played the Cobb course due to the course I reserved a tee time for opened on 1 april. Staff immediately offered the cobb course as an option. Cobb was excellent for early season play. The staff was very polite and accommendating. I will defintely return to play this course again

Phenomenal new course for us

As a golf course reviewer, I rated this course as 9 1/2. The layout, condition, topography and wonderfully designed holes provided a memorable experience. The only hole I critiqued negatively was number eight. It should have an area of fairway below the green to provide a safety net for less advanced golfers.

The gentleman who checked us in was more cordial as we prepared for a second 18 than he had been upon our arrival at 8:15 in the morning when we sensed that we were interrupting his morning rituals.

Overall an awesome day! Thanks.

Worth Playing

This is a great course that was in great condition. To enjoy the course the most, you have to pick the sei of tees that fir your skill level, as there are several holes with significant carries from the wrong tees. Although this was my first time st this course, I played with someone who knew the course, which was a big help. We were the first group off in the morning and played in 3 1/2 hours. I will definitely come back to play here again.

Tough course

This course is not for the faint of heart. I am not a very good golfer but I enjoyed the experience. You have to keep the ball in front of you. If you miss the fairway you can kiss the ball goodbye so you better bring a good supply with you. The course is in an isolated part the Glade Springs development, so it is a peaceful, quite and scenic golfing experience. If you get upset looking for your ball, either hit it straight or just enjoy the woodland experience. I played poorly but enjoyed the course and my playing companions.

Great course, friendly staff

For all the rain the area has received, the course was in great shape. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great course!!

It was wet when I played so pace of play would be expected to be slow when cart path only. Course was still great. Greens were still fast. Just not the best day to be golfing for certain. I will be back when it dries out a bit and should find a great challenge!! Staff were great!

WoodHaven got its name correct

Absolutely stunning course. The night before it had rained heavily off and on for a few hours and I was skeptical of the tee time I had the next morning. I had spent the night there after a long drive and enjoyed the delightful breakfast buffet. After a full plate of food, I embarked on the 2 mile drive through twisting roads with plenty of dips, a foreshadow to the course I was about to enjoy.

After arriving, checking in and asking for some advice, I was ecstatic to hear that besides the duo that just tee'd off, I was the only golfer for 3 hours. Knowing this, I took my time and warmed up on the chipping green, putting green on site. After being warmed up, I bought a bottle of water and a powerade and had the cooler on the cart filled up with ice. In addition to the cooler, the card had a club and ball cleaner.

The course:

The course was every bit of a challenge I had hoped for. I was travelling from Chicago and wanted to see rolling hills, cliffs and more.. I was not let down. Every hole I thoroughly enjoyed, especially 14 and 18. I had made a joke to my friends over social media that I am playing on the Wii Golf course. This course to me, was simply unreal. My only complaint would be that due to the heavy rainstorm the night before, the course was real soggy in some spots, but other spots it was perfect conditions.

After the first 9, i grabbed a quick bite. Some of the better concession food I've had especially considering this was off the main resort area.

Shot makers course

Beautiful course. Really makes you strategies your way around this course. Many elevation changes and split Fairways. A true pleasure to play.

WV Fall Vacation

Course was beautiful! Fall Foliage was underway. Course had great layout but you need to play more than once to learn slope and how to place blind shoots. Course was in good shape. There was a few areas in fairways under repair. Greens were excellent.

Target golf

great conditions small greens. A yardage book would have helped

Challenging mountain course

Well-maintained course which follows ridges and steep, narrow valleys to offer a real challenge to golfers of every skill level. The varying elevations are complemented by sections of fairway broken by areas of rock and grass. A real treat to play!

Woodhaven

Course was rather difficult for 2 people in my group as they do not carry the ball far off the tee. I would advise if you do not carry the ball at least 200 yards to go ahead and tee up for better play. The course condition was nice and well maintained. There are many elevation changes that sometimes makes it difficult for club selection. There are a few holes receptive for birdies, one drivable par 4 and the par fives are reachable but a few of the par 4's are very difficult. Pay close attention to the score card as I drove through a coupe of fairways. Many shots are blind so I would advise to take the cart ahead to see the layout of the hole. Staff was friendly and the food was great. Would recommend to anyone.

Great Course Beautiful Views

Great challenging course especially from the back tees.

Beautiful Mountain Beast

Enjoyed beautiful summer morning, lush conditions, little breeze. Demanding challenge if you're hitting it well, quite humbling if you're not. If you have time, warm up at the other two courses driving range. Only chipping area and putting green here.

Great Target Course

I've played the other courses at Glade plenty of times and this was my first time playing Woodhaven… This is a tight course that is in great shape, but you do need local knowledge when playing here. There are several blind tee shots that have trouble, so be careful. The staff was very friendly and the only complaint I have is the food. I paid $8.50 for a burger and it tasted like it was just a microwave burger, wasn't that good. That was my one and only complaint. I look forward to playing there again!

If you like hard couses this is for you

punishing golf course,lots of blind shots,very challenging. Back nine is unforgiving,lots of runout on downhill tee shots, it pays to play conservative off the tees.Have fun, I did

Beautiful Course

Great golf course...fairly wide off the tee...well guarded greens make accurate approach shots paramount.

Course is in great shape and well maintained.

The staff is great and very friendly. The course is pricie to play but through golf now it made it very-reasonable in price. It is a local course for us to play but never could because of the price. We are playing it every weekend now through golf now. It is very challenging to play especially from the tips. Overall u are missing out if u dont play this course. Thanks again!

Daniels, West Virginia