Year Built 2012
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Architect Ben Crenshaw (2012) Bill Coore (2012) MacCurrach Golf (2012)

Caddies Yes

Amazing Food 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

Unique Landscape on a Challenging Course

I played as a single walker carrying my bag. Drove in from Anna Maria Island which was about an hour or so. Get gas before you leave civilization because I only saw one option on the way in. They only accept reservations via there website for 2+ golfers so you have to call and book as a single. Over the phone they wanted to pair me up with another twosome even though there were open tee times. I preferred to play as a single so I called back the day before to move my tee time which was no problem. If you are a single and want to book online you can via teeoff.com. I payed $125 as an out of state player and thoroughly enjoyed the course. When I arrived I parked in the lot on the left and walked up to the checkstand by the clubhouse where they tagged my bag and took it out to the putting green while I checked in. Range balls are included and they have a guy that will drive you out to the range in a cart and back which was nice. I carried my bag but would probably use one of the pushcarts they had available if I played again (Not sure if they charge for them). Walking through that unique landscape was amazing. It was very hot but they had a ranger on a golf cart that came by 3 times or so to offer water & cold towels and give me the ins and outs of the course. On the 3rd tee you get a great view of the new black course and the clubhouse being built. I grabbed a BBQ at the shack between 8 & 9 which was very good but I wouldn't count on that as your lunch, just a snack size. I had a very memorable time and loved the biarritz green on 16. I even ran into a baby fawn leaving 15 tee. They do have a bye hole (19th) that i forgot to play. Course condition was excellent and I hit a lot of fairways which helped my score. Some of the bunkers are intimidating so they must be avoided. I would love to come back and play the Blue and the Black one day soon!

Pretty intimidating but fair..

The first tee shot on 1 is pretty scary as your first swing. Visually stunning obviously not your typical Florida course. The course was awesome, tough tough greens.The staff were all great and our caddy AJ is highly recommended. AJ is very knowledgeable and understands how to let the players have a good time and not feel too much pressure. He's also a pretty cool caddy too. Halfway house has some delicious sandwiches try them! Love this place can't wait to play the blue and then black.

Gem of course , on couse service not so

From the breathtaking opening tee shot you know you are in for a treat. Being from the mid Atlantic the fairways are tight, greens are firm fast and undulated. 3 putts are very easy to obtain. Played as a twosome and rarely had to wait. Took a pullcart, caddies are available $90 a bag plus gratuity. makes for an expensive round. Would have been nice to have a pin placement sheet for those not using a caddie. After a one hour lightning delay we headed back out , however beverage cart and BBQ hut we no longer open. Water was difficult to find. Would definitely play again. Will wait for black to open.

Wisconsin Advisor

Florida's #1 resort

My wife and I took a winter escape to Florida's #1 golf resort at Streamsong.
The distance from Tampa is about an hour and it literally is in the middle of nowhere.
the setting is very remote and having played my first Coore and Crenshaw course in Sand Valley 4 months before, I found them to be similar in regards to conditioning and playability as they play fast and firm. The unique terrain is what makes the course different. Elevation and water come into play on Red and they are not kind with the opening hole, a 440+ yard par 4! You can run approach shots into the greens and caddies are a must the scratch Florida's #1 resort off my list but do not first time you play as knowing the proper lines off the tee can make or break your round.
The walk is demanding even with a caddie. I can need to return as a must repeat.

Driver beware on Streamsong Red

Streamsong Red can make your scorecard bleed if you're not driving the ball well. I found out the hard way during my round, landing in my fair share of trouble spots. There's more water lurking than on the Blue. Plus, Coore and Crenshaw peppered the landing areas with bunkers in the middle of the fairway or fingers of waste bunkers reaching out, ready to snatch your shot. It's an exhilarating test of golf in the sandy dunes of Streamsong in remote central Florida.
To me, Streamsong Red is all about how you fare on the half-par holes. By that, I mean, the first hole is a 464-yard par 4 from the black tees that I played. Hardly anybody makes par - bogey is the likely result - making the hole more like a par 4 1/2. If you make a four, you've gained at least a half a shot or more on the field. The same applies at no. 2 - a 508-yard par 5. It's reachable if you take the bold line off the tee up the right side taking on the water. It could be considered a par 4 1/2, technically. Short par 4s at no. 5 (312 yards) and no. 9 (271 yards) are par 3 1/2s with a good drive avoiding the sand. Taking advantage of these types of holes just might make your day even more memorable on this walking-only adventure (carts are available in summer).

Underwhelmed

I had read so much about Streamsong and was overly excited to play it. Driving up the views were stunning, clubhouse is first class and the views around the putting green are awesome.

Played the Red, the 1st tee shot had my heart racing as you sit above the fairway and take in the entire hole.

It was windy that day, this added to some of my frustration, but my two biggest disappointments were the condition of the course, the was GUR everywhere and the greens were beat up .

Secondly, the greens were huge, which is fine, but a bit "gimmicky" in my opinion. Plus the pins were on humps and mounds which made a windy day even more frustrating.

The haldfway house has some seriously good smoked brisket, highly recommend that. The scenery was amazing as well. I would try it again, but was not impressed my 1st time out.

Unique Florida golfing experience

Two amazing courses. Red is a bit tighter and a more interesting layout in my opinion. Blue is a bit wider and maybe more forgiving. Aside a few very memorable holes especially the par 3's, not as nice a layout as Red. Both offer a tough test of golf. Some tee boxes were surprisingly ratty, and I found a few patchy spots on the fairway. I had to actually find some relief at one point due to dirt patches around the greens. Greens were in immaculate shape and rolled true and FAST. The clubhouse is gorgeous and service and food at the restaurant were fantastic. Played 36 holes, no caddie, pull carts only. Started at 810AMD and finished the last hole of the day at 545PM and barely made it before the sun went down. Staff was still very helpful and helped us load up our golf clubs. Played here during peak season and pace of play was very reasonable. This was an exhausting way to experience Streamsong but given our tight travel schedule, this was the only way we could play both courses in one day (black was not open yet). Doable but very tiring! This is really a unique golfing experience, especially in Florida where golf courses are usually flat flat flat. If you can make it out there I highly recommend it.

Great Course and Great Setting

This is a course that is worth the trip. The setting is gorgeous. The layout offers lots of different ways to play each hole. There are quite a few memorable holes. It is a unique course that I want to play again and again. Prefer this one slightly more than the Blue but it is real close.

Top bucket list

Stayed at Streamsong for Tuesday-Friday in the middle of December. Played the Red Course, twice and the Blue once. I had the same caddie for all three days and Matt S, was excellent. The coursed conditions were tremendous and the greens just got faster each day.

It is certainly a high end destination, but so very well worth it. The food, the golf, the great rooms, exceptional service and the fishing were something I will always remember

915667d5-6ab1-581d-ad7f-a940501e81bc
Commented on 02/11/2017

Thanks for the question, Matt is from Wisconsin and worked at courses there. Hope you enjoyed as much as I didi!

Commented on 02/11/2017

Hey Simon ~
Nice review!

I'm about to head over to Streamsong for the first time. Curious about your caddie - he didn't happen to caddie at Bandon for a few years did he?

I know it's a shot in the dark, but thought I'd try...would love to have him on my bag if so.

Thanks!

Birmingham Advisor

The Real Deal

This place oozes golf. The golf holes flow effortlessly from this abandoned phosphate mine. I actually preferred the Blue course to the Red, though most people like this course best. I love Coore/Crenshaw courses. The short par 4s that are one of their design staples is front and center on the Red. Holes 3, 4 and 5 are all shortish par 4s and is a great stretch. The 7th hole is one of the best-designed par 5s I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Watching second shots bound along the ground and feed into the green for the front-right pin placement we had today was really neat. The first and 12th holes are long par 4s that play at least half a shot higher. Finally, the 16th is a par 3 with a Biarritz green that is a lot of fun to play. I recommend taking a caddy, particularly if it is your first time around. The Lodge is fantastic with luxurious rooms. We ate dinner in the clubhouse restaurant and it was exceptional. You will require a short ride to the practice area from the clubhouse, so allow the necessary time. The Bye hole - a short par 3 - is a great way to settle unresolved bets or cap an afternoon. My only constructive feedback is that we stored our clubs overnight and when we arrived to the course the following morning, our clubs had been sat out in the sprinklers and everything was soaking wet and had to be dried before we played.

Best of Florida

One of the best golf courses in the country and easily the best golf course in the state of Florida. It is an American Links style golf course built out of the phosphate mining grounds of Mosaic- a brilliant repurpose of the land.

Beautiful routing, great holes and great fun.

Great Track

The red course is more demanding off the tee , but it does give you enough room. Know where the pins are on the green and know if you are facing a false front or a green that runs away. The par fives are difficult if you go for them in 2 but very manageable if you play them as a 3 shot hole. Par 3's are all strong. I have Bandon courses several times and there are a lot of similarities but I think you will like the greens better at Streamsong. Very friendly staff, professional caddies. Played this course 3X while I was there .

Streamsong Golf Experience

Played the Red course here on 10/23/2015 with my sons who played the Black tees while I played the Silver. The Golf and Resort complex is located in the middle of nowhere in central Florida and is pricey for a middle income retiree. Nonetheless, it is worth the trip and the expense if you care for the game of Golf and you can afford a $500 day during the off season. I've got to believe you will go though at least a $1,000 during peak season if you play a round, hire a caddy, tip the staff correctly, buy a shirt, and have something to eat afterwards.
Although my sons are low handicappers and I'm an 8 myself, we decided to ride and hire a Caddy, "Jim O", a young man from Atlanta, Georgia, who was terrific. If you do go to Streamsong I would highly recommend Jim, who is a respectful,hard working and knowledgable fellow. He saved me several shots even though it was not my best day by far.
Besides its isolated location there are some difficulties at Streamsong other than the cost. The practice range is accessible by shuttle only and the routine for dropping off your clubs and finding them and your cart while waiting for your tee time is kinda tricky.

This is not to say that all the employees were less than respectful and friendly.

The course is absolutely beautiful but is not an easy tract if you are playing it for the first (and only?) time. There are yawing bunkers everywhere, the greens are enormous, undulating and very fast. I'll never get used to the tight lies , and, as with most courses I've encountered in Florida, it is very windy. If you are not a low handicapper who hits it longer than most I'd recommend the up tees.

I'd certainly go back to Streamsong more than once if I could afford it and could stay a few days at the resort. That is not going to happen so I'm content expressing that I've played it once and had a rather good experience.

Florida Gem

I've played Red five times and Blue three. Red is an amazing layout. I prefer it slightly. It's challenging, scenic and always in immaculate condition. Best part of all is the serenity at Streamsong. Feels like a trip to the home of golf in Scotland without having to travel far at all. In addition to the exceptional golf, the resort is a great family destination with fishing, shooting, tennis and walking trails.

Fantastic Experience

Do yourself (and your buddies) a favor and play this course at some point. This place was so well done from the course/clubhouse to the resort. It really is top-notch all the way around. Walking really does enhance the experience if you feel up to it (lots of elevation changes). We played both courses and I personally enjoyed Blue more, but my buddies liked Red the best out of the two. Both have their own unique feel and I promise it isn't like anything else you'll find in Florida. GO HERE!

Wow

Positives-- almost everything!!!! Excellent shape, fantastic layout, caddie-- Adam was a great help to our group!!

Negatives- the greens are quick and undulating and can be extremely challenging. (the greens at St Andrews were slower and less undulating-- well, almost :-) This can also be a positive for some players.

Best Course I have ever played

I have played many courses from Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines South, to Whistling Straights and I have to say Both Streamsong courses were better. I loved everything about the course.

I found it to be a 1st class facility. The bag boys and club house staff were overly friendly. Everyone that worked there seemed very polite and friendly.

To be honest I don't really care how the staff is at the courses I play, I don't choose courses based on anything other then they actual course.

The range was fantastic, great set up with pristine grass to hit off of. The course it self was in great shape. I love this new type of design. The entire course was one cut which was tight fairway. This is the furthest thing from a Florida course. The condition was amazing, the track was great. every hole was different and photo worthy.

If you're into playing the best courses you should not pass these up. The Red and the Blue course were both the best I have ever played. Based on these new types of courses I cant wait to play Pinehurst and Pine Needles this may. This is MUST play.

Excellent Course, but needs a little polishing

My experience at Streamsong - Red was a good one, but not the fantastic time that I had hoped. The course layout is excellent and very scenic winding it's way through the sandy marshes. Walking the course gave a feel reminiscent to playing links golf in Scotland.

While we did play with a caddie, the course presented two challenges that I believe should be examined to make the course more playable to 10 handicappers and higher. The first challenge I encountered were bunkers in the middle of the fairway that caught my well struck tee ball several times. No doubt playing the course a second time would eliminate this as a concern, but the caddie was not particularly helpful in steering us away from them.

The second issue is the greens. For tournament players, I am sure these greens can be navigated adequately, but for the weekend golfer, they are overly severe and fast. They reminded me of the greens at the Castle Course in St Andrews in that they gave a tricked up feel to an otherwise beautiful course.

I had a nice day at Streamsong, but for the money paid and the remoteness of the location I think there are better choices in the area.

Wow...Spectacular!!!

Hard to believe we were in central Florida! Awesome layouts and some of the best greens I've ever played. Fast and true. We preferred the red course to blue, but both were a challenging delight. What a pleasure to not have to knock the cover off the ball to get a putt to the hole. Spend the extra $$$ for a caddy. They're very knowledgeable and will add to the enjoyment of your round (Thanks Johnny!). We've played a lot of nice courses over the years and these 2 rank in the top 5 easily. Top 3 based on greens alone. Forward tees merely an afterthought, and need to be improved for those who wish to play it forward. A++. Can't wait to play both courses again!

Request A Vacation Quote From Streamsong Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Streamsong Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Bowling Green, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
Bartow, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
Lakeland, Florida
Valrico, Florida
Valrico, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.