Year Built 2012
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Architect Ben Crenshaw (2012) Bill Coore (2012) MacCurrach Golf (2012)

Caddies Yes

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Amazing Food 8
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 14

Fantastic Experience

Do yourself (and your buddies) a favor and play this course at some point. This place was so well done from the course/clubhouse to the resort. It really is top-notch all the way around. Walking really does enhance the experience if you feel up to it (lots of elevation changes). We played both courses and I personally enjoyed Blue more, but my buddies liked Red the best out of the two. Both have their own unique feel and I promise it isn't like anything else you'll find in Florida. GO HERE!

Wow

Positives-- almost everything!!!! Excellent shape, fantastic layout, caddie-- Adam was a great help to our group!!

Negatives- the greens are quick and undulating and can be extremely challenging. (the greens at St Andrews were slower and less undulating-- well, almost :-) This can also be a positive for some players.

Best Course I have ever played

I have played many courses from Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines South, to Whistling Straights and I have to say Both Streamsong courses were better. I loved everything about the course.

I found it to be a 1st class facility. The bag boys and club house staff were overly friendly. Everyone that worked there seemed very polite and friendly.

To be honest I don't really care how the staff is at the courses I play, I don't choose courses based on anything other then they actual course.

The range was fantastic, great set up with pristine grass to hit off of. The course it self was in great shape. I love this new type of design. The entire course was one cut which was tight fairway. This is the furthest thing from a Florida course. The condition was amazing, the track was great. every hole was different and photo worthy.

If you're into playing the best courses you should not pass these up. The Red and the Blue course were both the best I have ever played. Based on these new types of courses I cant wait to play Pinehurst and Pine Needles this may. This is MUST play.

Excellent Course, but needs a little polishing

My experience at Streamsong - Red was a good one, but not the fantastic time that I had hoped. The course layout is excellent and very scenic winding it's way through the sandy marshes. Walking the course gave a feel reminiscent to playing links golf in Scotland.

While we did play with a caddie, the course presented two challenges that I believe should be examined to make the course more playable to 10 handicappers and higher. The first challenge I encountered were bunkers in the middle of the fairway that caught my well struck tee ball several times. No doubt playing the course a second time would eliminate this as a concern, but the caddie was not particularly helpful in steering us away from them.

The second issue is the greens. For tournament players, I am sure these greens can be navigated adequately, but for the weekend golfer, they are overly severe and fast. They reminded me of the greens at the Castle Course in St Andrews in that they gave a tricked up feel to an otherwise beautiful course.

I had a nice day at Streamsong, but for the money paid and the remoteness of the location I think there are better choices in the area.

Wow...Spectacular!!!

Hard to believe we were in central Florida! Awesome layouts and some of the best greens I've ever played. Fast and true. We preferred the red course to blue, but both were a challenging delight. What a pleasure to not have to knock the cover off the ball to get a putt to the hole. Spend the extra $$$ for a caddy. They're very knowledgeable and will add to the enjoyment of your round (Thanks Johnny!). We've played a lot of nice courses over the years and these 2 rank in the top 5 easily. Top 3 based on greens alone. Forward tees merely an afterthought, and need to be improved for those who wish to play it forward. A++. Can't wait to play both courses again!

Plenty to love on Streamsong's Red Course

As first impressions go it doesn't get much better than the Bill Coore-Ben Crenshaw designed Red Course at Streamsong. The first hole, a long par 4 over water, is stunning, and there are plenty more to follow on this very atypical Florida course. Wrapped around the Blue Course, there's plenty to like, and if you asked me which course Iiked better, I'd be hard-pressed to pick one. Unlike some of my collegues, however, I don't feel like the two courses are that much alike, except that they both can play fairly fast and you can run the ball up from well off the green. The Red looks a little more traditional and the greens are certainly more subtle, but can be difficult too.

Denver Advisor

Greater of Two Greats

I actually played this course twice on consecutive days. The highest compliment I can give is this: after finishing my round, I immediately went to the pro-shop and changed my tee time for the next day from the Blue to the Red. The Blue is great, but the Red is better. The other great compliment I can give is that I played with a female and a male golfer the first day. I played with a Dad and his two sons the next day. Our handicaps ranged from scratch to 20 and between us, all tees were used: Everyone enjoyed the course. That is a rarity.

The course itself has a linksy feel to it. The greens are contoured so that you don't always go at the flag. The fairways are firm with plenty of roll. From off the green, you can chip, flop or putt.

The Red is also a tale of two nines. The front nine is easier thank the second nine and ends with a drivable par four. The back nine is longer and from 10-14 is a very challenging stretch.

Overall the course, has a great variety of holes from the opening par 4 and a half to the drivable 9th. The par 3s vary two as far as club selection and they also vary as far as direction. If it is a windy day, they will all be quite different.

As for the rest, The staff was very accommodating and the caddie with one of the groups I was with never had a misread. The staff at the lodge was very helpful and the food in "Sotto Terra" was great. It is also not as far from the beaten path as other places; about 1.5 hours from Tampa Airport. Furthermore, the place has activities for the family and the significant other if he/she doesn't golf.

You won't believe that you are in Florida. (This is the antithesis of Florida Golf and a welcome one to me). If you are escaping the cold, this is the place to go for golf.

Top 5 List

We walked the Red course first thing in the morning after playing the Blue course the day prior. The Red course is the more difficult of the two courses. But, in my opinion, the better of the two designs. Tee shots need to be precise and the greens' subtle breaks are the courses best defenses. The meat of the golf course are holes 13-18. Especially when playing into the breeze as we had on this day. This course is in the Top 5 I've played in my lifetime. Right up there along with Tobacco Road, LaHinch, Old Collier, Etc.

3 hrs 15 minute round for our twosome walking. Done by 11am The caddies were just as happy as we were.

Streamsong Red -similar to a hilly '14 US Open Pinehurst No. 2 design

This course is truly spectacular - well designed and very peaceful. A buddy and I walked the course, which was very hilly so I recommend renting the push/pull cart to make the experience a little easier. The course was designed by Crenshaw and Coore, lending itself to have little to no rough but has natural dunes and bunkers, which makes the course very scenic. The fairways play very firm, which is great to help the tee ball roll out, but the greens are pretty receptive to low irons and wedges. Unbeknownst to us, the greens were just top dressed and caused the greens to not roll perfectly but they were still in good condition (the only reason the course condition received 4 stars instead of 5). However, the rest of the course was in great condition. I highly recommend this course but maybe call before to learn about the conditions of the greens (if this is important to you).

Bandoneque

The first tee shot of the day is freaking intimidating!! The first hole is really a par 5 disguised as a par 4 just as strangely the 18th hole is a long par 4 listed as a 5. Quirky. The second hole (in the morning) involves a heroic carry straight into the sun over an alligator ridden pond. You get the picture.

Really one beautiful hole after another. It is visually a lot more frightening than it turns out to be. If you take a conservative line off the tee and keep it in play you can score.

I've played a lot at Bandon and this course is a little different in the look of the terrain and the amount of water hazards but also similar in the pure golf experience. No houses or condos. Incredible wildlife albeit slightly scary animals.....we saw lots of gators and snakes and an amazing variety of birds.

I love to walk and the course was pretty good for that though it was about 95 degrees and humid. Our caddie Greg was fabulous. Encyclopedic knowledge of all aspects of golf, good humoured, and very hard working.

I would have to rank this among my favourite golf courses. Scenically gorgeous, a lot of fun to play and the bonus of seeing a lot of nature. A long way from home but I can't wait to go back.

Course stacks up against some top notch courses

I have been the benefactor of playing some very nice courses in my short time playing golf. Sage Valley in South Carolina, Ritz-Carlton Members Club, Pine Barrens, and a few TPC courses. I left stream song very impressed with what lies ahead. Clearly they are in the process of making things better as the same day I played they fired their Head Caddie Master. As time moves on I believe they will run the operation smoother. I will be heading back soon to play the blue course at summer's end.

Request A Vacation Quote From Streamsong Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Streamsong Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Bowling Green, Florida