Silver 72 6285 yards 69.7 123
Scorecard for Blue
Green M: 74.0/134 338 554 418 442 157 345 203 454 575 3486 187 487 408 312 545 446 237 590 478 3690 7176
Black M: 71.8/130 330 530 370 417 121 317 188 437 541 3251 161 454 390 293 510 398 215 573 453 3447 6698
Black/Silver M: 70.3/129 330 530 370 417 121 317 188 437 541 3251 129 427 351 279 489 357 205 525 439 3201 6452
Silver M: 69.5/127 W: 75.3/130 330 516 359 369 115 295 176 414 510 3084 129 427 351 279 489 357 205 525 439 3201 6285
Gold M: 66.4/113 W: 71.6/122 289 459 339 325 102 267 97 308 453 2639 103 386 317 247 452 341 184 498 364 2892 5531

Year Built 2012
Architect Tom Doak (2012) MacCurrach Golf (2012)

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2018 #19)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #18) (2017 #7) (2016 #18)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2017 #47)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2017 #22)
  • Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #28) (2015 #28)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 9
Playing Multiple Courses 8

Very Good but Not Great

I had the chance to play Blue again as part of the recent Golf Advisor Getaway to Streamsong. Blue is a very good course, but it ranks third out of three for me at the resort. The greens are huge with a ton of undulation and a lot of fun to play if you have the right mindset. In my opinion, Blue has the least memorable holes of the three courses on property (outside of the awesome Par 3 #7). Also, the course really needs some directional signage. We didn't have caddies and found ourselves not knowing where to go multiple times. I would still recommend playing the course to others, but I'm partial to Red.

Great golf course, reminiscent of Bandon

I'm rating this golf course first as it was the first of three (Red, Blue, Black) that we played as part of a GolfAdvisor getaway package.

About the getaway itself: our group had done Bandon the previous three years in a row and wanted to try somewhere new so fell on Streamsong. We came in with high expectations, and overall the trip did not disappoint: the golf was great and pretty reminiscent of Bandon (except the alligators!) , and the amenities were top notch.

As for the Blue course, it was probably my least favorite of the three, but that could be just because the other two are more recent in my memory, honestly. It was in great shape and had some amazing moments like the par 3 7th, in particular. The greens were fast and big and really challenged you to find the right tier.

In general, I would highly recommend the course and Streamsong as a destination.

Streamsong Blue was the first course we played during our visit. It was fun and very playable. Each hole was interesting and they all flowed together nicely. The course was in great shape and the staff was attentive and helpful. Would love to return.

A Dunes Course in Central Florida

While there was no ocean or large body of water nearby, the dunes and man made lakes evoked a feeling of playing Whistling Straits on Lake Michigan or even a Scottish course. There were a lot of elevation changes which you don’t usually experience in Florida. Walking the course with a caddy was a delightful way to experience this course.

The course was generally in good condition, with my only objection being to the sand traps. The sand was not consistent, with some traps having an over abundance of sand. The traps had not been groomed my machine which also made them inconsistent.

N Y N J Advisor

Very good course with some great holes and some VERY wide fairways

I very much like and would recommend all three Streamsong courses, and I rank them: 1. Red, 2. Black, 3. Blue. The Blue Course makes great use of elevations throughout. It plays up and down various hills and through dunes. Water is in play on a few holes but not that many. There are a handful of excellent holes- the photogenic par 3 over water 7th, the elevated green 4th, the 12th tucked behind a stream in part of the fairway, a long, narrow par-3 set on a hillside at an angle to the tee, a good cape-style hole over water, and more. It has some great short par-4s that make you consider distance and placement. The greens have wonderful internal mounds and some with good tiers. I’ve read some say the greens are too severe but I didn’t think so. They are more mounded and rolling than the Red but not as crazy like the Black, and some are nicely set right up to the dunes. One aspect of the course that detracts for me is that despite some great holes, many holes are too wide and straight off the tee. Only a couple of par-4s or par-5s have any significant bending or movement of the fairway from tee to green, or make you think of your angle of your tee shot. Another minor point is that the bunkering didn’t seem as aesthetically pleasing as the Red. From 150 yards and in, the course is excellent, and beyond there are a few great and memorable holes.

In my rankings of on-course food shack options, the grouper tacos on the Blue course come in first!

Nearly perfect

Amazing golf course to play and even more beautiful to just look at. I've never played Florida golf like this.

Our caddy was knowledgable and friendly and we would have had a tough time reading the greens without him.

The resort promotes walking and their philosophy is "Although carts are available, we believe that the limited visibility, noise and distractions of riding in a cart are all factors that contribute to an inferior golfing experience."

The only thing that ruined an otherwise perfect buddy trip were the marshals rushing us along to keep up with the group of carts in front and behind us.

Five stars across the board if we were allowed to walk at a normal pace.

Nice but not spectacular

Second time playing Blue. It's a beautiful resort and set up out there at Streamsong, but I was not that thrilled with the course this time around. It's a nice course, but certainly not worth the $200 you are spending now with a caddy. Some greens have some sort of growth/disease on them so the putts start getting a little bumpy in some spots. It's a cool course, but for the $ you are better served playing a Ritz course somewhere. Went with 3 buddies who had not played any of the courses out there and they were all a bit underwhelmed. Wish I would have put us on black now since Blue is starting to show a little age. We were planning a larger golf buddy trip there for later in the year but will pick a different place now. Overall, for the price/value, it's gotten a little too expensive for what you get.

Texas Advisor

Better Practice Your Irons Before the Round

The best putter in your foursome will likely favor the Black course while the precision driver will like the Red and the precision iron player will like the Blue.

This is probably Tom Doak’s best design. While Pac Dunes gets a lot of fanfare and is a phenomenal course I think much of the hype around it is driven by ocean views. The Blue Course is a great piece of land but Doak is absolutely on his A game at Blue. Personally, this was my favorite course of them all because Doak gives you plenty of room on the tee and then ratchets up the difficulty on your second shot.

Unlike the Red where your goal is simply to find the fairway off the tee finding the fairway off the Blue is fairly easily done. That said, there is ALWAYS a correct side of the fairway to be on at Blue and which side you want to be on changes day-to-day depending on the pin location.

All of these courses are great but this was my favorite. I hate people that drop all the courses they've ever played but I'd probably rank the elite/new design courses I've played as:
1. Blue
2. Red
3. Pacific Dunes
4. Kiawah Ocean
5. Chambers

Golf Channel

Doak's Blue

Streamsong Blue was the second round of our "Streamsong Triple" weekend. This course was designed by Tom Doak and was part of the original two courses on the property along with the Coore & Crenshaw Red Course.

The Blue starts off outside the Red/Blue clubhouse high atop a bluff that overlooks a vast piece of the property as well as the #7 signature hole. The front side weaves through the water and nature preserve areas and opens up into more of a meadow style back nine.

The course was in very good shape and provided great shot values with beautiful views. Most people ask how each course rates against each other and I would put the Blue Course into the category a course that I would play repeatedly as a member. The course in generous off the with some really interesting greens and I feel like it’s fun along along with variety that you can both walk and ride.

Nothing special

Was expecting a more special experience. The course was not very interesting to play and not picturesque to view. I enjoyed the caddies, but the young ladies that greeted you at the bag drop could not have been less enthusiastic or helpful.
For the cost to play here and how long of a drive to get there, I would rather play Sarasota National at less than half the price.

This was my first round on the Blue since a month before Streamsong opened, and it was great to see the product fully operational and matured.

We caught a great day on the Blue, with about a 2-club wind or so. I also happened to bring a pretty decent swing to the first tee, which made the round even more fun. You can really swing away on some of these holes. I did not however, bring a reliable short game (I'll blame the 5:30 am flight), and the greens really did a number on me. The greens are pure and firm and fast, and there are some runoff areas that can jump up and bite if you're not careful.

That said, I think what I like most about Doak's effort is there is some great flow between really dramatic holes, and some more mellow ones. No. 17 is a par 5 that feels like it goes on forever, and the 18th has a great reveal once you get over the crest of the fairway to your drive. The par-3 7th hole is likely the signature hole of the three courses at Streamsong. It's a wonderful tee shot, even if a playing partner of ours putted it into the hazard.

One interesting note: we wrapped up around 5pm and the restaurant only had their dinner menu, which is by no means casual bar food. It's all pretty high-end. If you want something a little more casual, go to the hotel or the Black clubhouse. ALso, look out for the taco stand at the turn. Nice touch there!

Unlike anything else in Florida

As a native Floridian, I thought that I had had played it all in the Sunshine state. That was true until I made the 1 hour and 45 minute drive from Orlando to Streamsong Resort.

From the moment you drive on to the property, you know you're not at an everyday FL golf course, the landscape, architecture, mounding are unique and set you up for a memorable day on the golf course.

We walked Blue on a 75 degree January day, I can't imagine making the same walk on a 95 degree August day. From the elevated first tee box, you get a preview of what you're in for, rolling hills, plateaus, sand and you're left with curiosity about what is over the next hill or around the next corner. The greens were the fastest I've ever played.

I would highly recommend a trip to Streamsong. Make sure you're ready for a six mile walk, hydrated well and plan to eat tacos when you make the turn at the Taco Shack.

Putt with caution on the Blue

One putt changed my perception of the Blue. I still gave it five stars, but when you hit a decent (if not good) putt on the seventh green and it rolls down a severe drop-off into a bush just feet from the water ... well, that's where I draw the line on a green being overcooked by the architect. The Blue greens are the fastest on property and quite dangerous. I learned the hard way.
Funny thing is, I still think the Blue has some of the best holes at Streamsong - the first, the fourth, the sixth, the 13th, etc. You'll enjoy your round. Just make sure your flat stick is ready.

Best of Streamsong

Take all the things you like about the Red and the Black and eliminate the shortfalls and you end up with the Blue. Scenic, visually stimulating, challenging, etc. the Blue has it all. A great mix of long and short holes with often a variety of ways to approach the hole. The greens are more interesting than the Red without approaching the extremes of the Black. The green on the par 3 fifth has to be the longest,narrowest green I’ve ever seen. Great use of the dunes for blowout bunkers.
While the entire Streamsong experience rivals those at Pinehurst, Kohler and Bandon Dunes, the Blue is the course that most makes us want to return.

Streaming Blue is the Best!

Spent 4 days here in October--immediately after Black opened. Played Black on the first day--review elsewhere--played Blue the second day and absolutely LOVED it! What a gorgeous course with elevation, forced carries, and challenging for all levels. Beats Black hands down! Had "Trout" as our caddie, who knows the course like the back of his hand and was relaxed, fun and a great addition to our experience at Streamsong. We have played all over West Florida and this course was really memorable. Greens were in great shape, big enough to allow golfers to get on, but small enough for normal golf. Black course's greens are like football fields! Blue challenges your iron play like no other here.

The whole Streamsong resort was A+++ and worth every penny and minute of the drive from Sarasota.

Virginia Advisor

Doak being Doak

The original sister course to the Red, this Tom Doak course gives you everything you'd expect from one of today's best architects. It offers multiple lines of play from tees for those thinking their way around the course, but has generous fairways for the average golfer just looking to hit it around the course without losing a ball. The green complexes are a bit more severe than those on the Red, but not as crazy as the Black.

With multiple tee boxes, holes set up entirely differently depending on skill level of the golfer. The further up you go the fewer forced carries and trouble directly in front of the golfer with those hazards testing the better player.

Look for other Doak items like creative bunkering and strategic elevation change. The course begins atop a massive dune for maybe the best view on the entire property...especially nice during sunrise.

Blue Course certainly doesn't give me the blues

After playing all three courses at Streamsong, I'm torn on which one is my favorite, but the Blue Course is definitely a candidate. Designed by Tom Doak, I love the way this course flows from the elevated tee shot on 1 to the difficult par-4 18th and everything in between. It definitely has a "miminalist" links feel to it with beautifully sculpted greens complexes, a great variety of par 3s and never a dull moment. You can play bump and run or fly it to the hole, which means there are endless possibilities.

Texas Advisor

Isolation and Beauty: Blue Edition

Finally got to see the legendary Streamsong! It was everything I expected, and not what I expected at all!

For starters... calling this place remote is an understatement. It's a large and beautiful property, and it's not really close to ANYTHING. So don't plan multiple days here unless you are staying onsite. As you'd expect, the facilities are wonderful and the bar has an amazing selection of scotch... but you came here for golf...

This was my second round of the day after playing Red in the morning. I hadn't expected the Blue to be available, but they mostly just do walk ups for twilight and the course was wide open after a tournament had been played during the morning. It's also worth mentioning that the replay rate makes for a great deal!

I played alone, walking. I literally didn't see another golfer on the course until I caught a foursome on 16. What a course to absorb without ANY distractions around. Like the Red, this course is a masterpiece.

Blue is a little bit more open than the Red off the tee. My only criticism of the course is that it's really just a bomber's paradise. I never even thought twice about cranking driver off every tee. I prefer more variety off the tee.

However, the Blue has much more severe undulations and elevations changes than Red. I found this led to more blind shots and tough short game shots around the greens. So the course will challenge your shotmaking... just not as much off the tee.

If I had to pick one, I'd pick Blue. I thought it was more fun and a little more challenging. However, I think you have to play both (and I guess now all three!). The property is beautiful and it's cool to see how different the courses are despite having so much in common.

Streamsong is a golfer's paradise. Go. Now. Bring your friends.

Easier of the Two

Played both courses during the same week. The Summer Unlimited golf deal is AMAZING. If you can handle the heat then by all means DO IT! cart fee is included as well, but you will have to pay a 30$ group caddy fee for each round.

As noted in my Red Course review you can tell these courses were designed for winter Florida golf to be 'firm and fast'. There were some slightly rough spots here and there but honestly these types of courses nowadays dont always need to be perfectly green and lush and perfect...so long as the greens roll true. For Florida golf in the middle of summer the greens were excellent.

This course has HUGE fairways. There is a place to hit the ball to make the hole easier..but you can still miss your mark and end up in the fairway. Just dont get cute with your teeshot and you will be fine. Approach shots are the key to this course. The par 5s again are a lot of fun, theres one or two driveable par 4s, and the signature par 3 7th is breathtaking.

Both courses have no rough..just fairway then sandy duney waste areas. If you stray from the fairways then play a yellow ball..white is hard to see in sand ;)

Request A Vacation Quote From Streamsong Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Streamsong Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Bowling Green, Florida
Bartow, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
Lakeland, Florida
Valrico, Florida
Valrico, Florida

Valid dates: Jun 01, 2019 - May 24, 2019
Stay 4 nights at the Courtyard by Marriot and play 5 rounds of golf for just $554 per person.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Columbia, SC!
Dare to Compare! Summer golf special in Aiken, SC