Style Parkland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Also known as Ageas Bowl County Golf Club.

Boundary Lakes Golf Course
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1999
Architect Weller Designs (2017) Stephen Ridgway (2017)

Carts Yes - GBP 30

Single Allowed Yes

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Sports

Bowls, Cricket

Enjoyable afternoon

As England were playing Ireland in the ODI the golf shop was off limits but check in could be done on the first tee and a temporary bar set up in the car park.
The greens were in very good condition however the fairways were very hard with the current dry conditions. The pace of the round was good at under 4 hours. It’s a tight few opening holes and challenge for mid / high handicappers. However some very nice holes and a great view when you reach the top of the course on the back nine.All in all an enjoyable afternoon out.

Great course with some interesting holes

Great day out. Greens were in good condition. Lovely views across Hampshire. There are two lovely par 3’s across water., a reachable risk and reward hole par four. All in all it’s the type of course you always want to play again to try out different strategies. Lovely day out.

Course is good for a pro level golfer not beginners

Course is good for a pro level golfer not beginners

Greens in great condition, that’s it!

The greens are in great condition, most of the tees are pretty good. The fairways are baked so hard the ball bounces a long way, coupled with lots of blind shots I guess this is the reason play has become slow. We were four deep waiting on the tee at some point on the back nine - crazy!! People weren’t using the bells to advance play. Quite a frustrating round!

Great front 9 Average back 9

Boundary lakes offers golfers of all abilities a challenge, the front 9 is by far the best as the back 9 requires alot of fairway shots to be hit with the ball above or below your feet, there are also several shots that have to be hit blind due to the hilly nature especially on the back 9, don't let this put you off as several of the par 3 holes are real gems

Great All-Year-Round

With seven par-3 holes you might expect an easy course but think again. This course is a challenge for all handicappers and a true test of your game. Despite the last few weeks rain, all fairways and greens are in great condition; no temporary greens and only 2 winter tees. Every hole is different and the greens really test your putting skills. A very well maintained course with friendly staff, offering very good value for money.

Quirky course , blind holes and fairways slope greatly

At £20 a round. It’s ok buggies are expensive at £30 per round.. The Corse is busy. Greens on in fair condition but slow.
The course will be better when they add the two new holes.

It’s a nice course...

I would recommend a buggy in the heat as it gets very hilly toward the end has some interesting holes only played there as got it for £22 inc booking fee from tee off times and couldn’t play at our members course it’s a course you should play as it’s got some interesting holes

Very challenging

Very hard for high handicapper due to undulated fairways and greens. No easy hole. Course very well looked after and some stunning views.

A majestic course but far from easy

This course has so many amazing holes that are usually striking, as a high handicapper however I would have to call out that’s it’s very hard. Any slightly wayward shots or under/over hit shots are often harshly punished.
Definitely worth a play and if I were a better golfer I’d go more often but on my send visit I found it as staggeringly tough as the last time I played there.
If I were a lower handicapped player I wouldn’t hesitate in playing more as there are so many memorable holes but for now to keep my spirits up I need to mix with some easier rounds elsewhere.

Nice water features

A bit stoney when looking at some divots and not picked up by Garmin watch

Boundary Lakes

We had an enjoyable round. Some holes were pretty tricky especially 2. As there are no on course amenities, it’s worth sticking up from the pro shop before starting your round. There are plans for adding amenities around hole 9, in the future. Pace of play was slower than we would like, due to large groups in front of us, with very mixed abilities. The greens were fast and the sun was out. We’ll be back I am sure.

Slowest round ever!

The course is a great challenge and was in really good condition, not a place for the faint hearted mind as you really need to work your way carefully to keep on the fairways and greens.

What let it down today for sure was the amount of people they let out, seemed very crowded with a society in the middle that were rude beyond rudeness! I didn’t feel the club dealt with their very slow play at all and put a very sour note on the day for me and my playing partner with over 5 hours to get round a relatively short course, poor show.

I don’t think I’d go back, not because of the course but due to this overcrowding and no on course management.

Commented on 10/01/2018

It is unfortunate to judge staff friendliness on a slow group of golfers is it not?
Looks like tee times are every 8 minutes as standard on most courses.
I played at the weekend and the course marshal was sure to push us along if needed.
If it where me I would book again and check there are not too many in front.

A great test of golf

The course wasn't the longest on paper but surprised us all with its undulations and a testing start with plenty of lakes. The greens where very good as where the fairways after such a hot summer, I have played this course twice now and got a loyalty card which is a nice touch knowing my 6th round will be free. It is also much easier second time round. We played midweek which wasn't too busy and for £20 it was very good value for money, the staff where nice and friendly and bar staff really good.

All about greed!!!

The course was in a reasonable state but you knew it was going to be a bad day when there was a queue on the first. So 15 minutes late we tee’d off and it wasn’t much better from there. This course would benefit from slightly longer tee intervals as it feels like they have tried to jam as many people on as possible (all about money) and don’t care about the experience. We waited on all but two tee boxes so it was a long and boring round. Save your cash and go to one of the other local courses where there is a much better flow on the course.

A relatively short course so may not suit those who like to boom it out there. However if you are never going to hit 300 yard drives then this is a good layout that rewards good course management. Very wet and muddy when we played but so is everywhere else, all the same the greens were good and true. Defiantly plan to visit again in the spring/summer.

Challenging for higher handicappers

Took the opportunity to play my nearest course for the 1st time when I had an afternoon free from work, wife and kids! Got lucky with the weather which although cold and breezy was at least dry while I was playing. Considering it was mid January and there had been a fair amount of rain leading up to my round, the course was in pretty good condition, definitely squelchy underfoot in places but virtually no standing water at all. Greens I thought were in excellent condition and unexpectedly quick (my putt rolled off the green on the 3rd!). Having walked through the course to get to the cricket ground numerous times, I'd always thought the 1st hole looked to be tricky especially for a higher handicapper like me with water long and right (not good news for those with a tendency to slice/fade) an inconveniently placed bunker left and a seemingly very small safe area. I managed to avoid those hazards but only due to topping my tee shot into the ditch running along the right of the Tee box! 3rd shot off the tee managed to find safety thank goodness and I was off. I really enjoyed the round despite some indifferent golf. Yes there are several blind shots which for someone of my ability is a little disconcerting especially when you are hitting into greens blind. There is significant motorway noise up to the first 5/6 holes, did that distract from my enjoyment-not really. The course while not long is hilly and yes by the 15th I was tired (but I am nearly 50!). Did that distract from my enjoyment - no, would I get a buggy next time - no. I didn't have any problems with the signage on course or distances from green to next tee - a bit of a walk in some cases but really not a drama. I found this was a course I had to really think hard about every shot - unlike some courses where you can almost play on autopilot. For me it offered more than the usual flat mundane holes you so often find on a public course - there is lots of elevation change on the back 9 especially and a lot of greens that you absolutely cannot afford to miss. There are some tough undulating greens which I can imagine when they firm up during the summer would be a real challenge. Overall I really enjoyed the course, it is certainly challenging but no less enjoyable for that and I will definitely be returning.

Botley, Chesham