Allerton Manor Golf Club - 9-hole Course

• +44 (0) 151 4287490
  • allertonmanorgolfclub.com

Type: Municipal
Style: Woodland

"Blistering Allerton Does It Again!"

KS08's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018
Previously played Walked Hot weather

I played Allerton on the scorchingly hot Thursday just gone, the course was in good condition and very dry in comparison to the dampness experienced during the winter months.

For a beginner golfer Allerton is ideal - no par fives and a few reachable par fours mean golf is good fun and relatively easy for all. The conditions were great and it was a perfect day for golf. Only minor niggle being to temporary greens that were in play what seemed needlessly as the greens looked immaculate.

A great 'fun' course for the not-too-serious golfer and fantastic bar facilities - a beer in the sun was most welcome. Keep it up Allerton!

"Wow this place has changed....."

ddgolfnut2017's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

My first visit here in over 3 years and I honestly thought I had arrived at a different place. Unbelievable changes to the municipal golf club of old. Now Allerton Manor Golf Club which I believe is now privately operated would appear to have under gone a massive investment on and off the golf course. The new clubhouse is outstanding, with food and staff to match.

I've always had a soft spot for the golf course due to the interesting layout and stunning woodland setting but now with professional upgrades which has transformed some holes it is a real head turner of a course. Played on a dry day but the weather has been biblically wet for the previous 6 weeks and the fairways and greens were dry and in great condition. Much better than a local private members course which has a good reputation that I played 3 days before playing here.

Had a good chat with a very friendly member of the pro shop staff before leaving and I understand there is big plans to come in the very near future. Well done Allerton Manor, I'm looking forward to my next visit already.

"Nice course"

t1086979258's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

First time playing here and was a nice course a couple of the greens were a bit waterlogged but nothing too bad still a bit of work going on on the course at the 7th hole but we knew about this only thing i would say is they could do with a couple of water hazards throughout the 18 hole course would definitely play here again tho

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

"Great golf shame about the weather"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017
Previously played Walked Wet weather

Despite the weather which was very heavy rain for 12 of our 18 holes played we loved this golf course. I've played a lot of golf in the Liverpool area of late and these are the best greens I've seen so far. Clubhouse / restaurant is 10/10 too. Will be visiting again very soon.

"No booking"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

I was looking forward to round however my booking was cancelled at 640 am just before I was about to leave home.

Allerton blamed tee times! Tee times blamed allerton!

Im still waiting for a refund for a waste of my morning.

Course Layout: Poor

"New clubhouse and upgraded course"

finm07's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

My first visit back to Allerton for about 3 years and I could not believe my eyes in the changes that have happened in that time. A brand new clubhouse with restaurant that served me the best full English I've had at a golf club. Brand new changing room / showers and golf shop with very attentive, professional staff who could not do enough for me before and after my round.

There has been huge amount of change to the golf course too. New tees and bunkers and the 4th hole which was a forgettable par 3 in years gone by has now been transformed into a signature, stadium course style par 3 with teeth.

Great to see investment in a golf club in the north west and there are more plans and developments to come I hear.

Good food, good course, good condition, great facilities. A must try.

PaulCarlin86's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017
Previously played Walked Hot weather

First of all i would like to mention that prior to my visit I have had nothing but a pleasant experience playing at Allerton. However with the course now ongoing a major face lift I felt extremely short changed, I was unaware that any maintenance had taken part and was not told of this over the phone when making the booking nor was I notified at the clubhouse before the beginning of my round.

All in all i paid £15 to play 9 holes on the original course some of which had temp greens and 9 holes on the other side of the tracks (kids holes) which consistent of par 3s and multiple par 4s that averaged 200 yards per hole. It was however nice of Allerton to notify me of the course lay out on a piece of plastic which had been nailed onto wood 2 holes from home.

Slow play was a massive factor also from a 4 ball all of whom were members who had little to no regards of course etiquette.

As I said, I have enjoyed Allerton previously but I would advise that the club start notifying customers over the telephone or when they arrive about this massive change in set-up. I have no doubt that when maintenance has been completed that Allerton will yet again be a great course but in the meantime I will be taking my business elsewhere.