2.3

Type Municipal
Style Woodland
Allerton Manor Golf Club

Year Built 1934

Enjoyable knock at a reasonable price

Not played allerton before but was quite impressed overall. Course condition was okay - greens ran nice but tees and bunkers need some TLC. Quite a short course which means you don't need to use every club in the bag but they have some good plans for the place so will be good to see what they do with it over nwxt few years to make it more of a test of golf. Off course facilities are nice. Would play here again for sure.

Nice course but very slow

The facilities when you first get there are fantastic with lots to offer. Iwalked over to the first tee 5 minutes ahead of time after warming up and there were 2 groups waiting to tee off so should have known it was going to be slow going. I eventually teed off 15 minutes late. The course itself is in great condition with 3 difficult par 4s to start off all needing a driver and fairway wood to reach the green in 2. It was a shame the greens were full of pitch marks which i hate as I was constantly repairing them before I could putt. After 7 holes in nearly 2 hours I decided to walk off the course as was behind 4 X 4balls who didn't bother with course etiquette in letting me play through and I was waiting close on 10 minutes at each tee box.

I was considering joining the club before playing and that won't be happening now.

Slowest course ever played

I have never played on a course so packed with golfers. We had to wait on almost every hole The snack bar/shop near the eighth green was farcical Our two ball were fifth in a queue and took just on 30 mins to get onto the tee. There were no opportunities to get any rhythm or flow to your game and although the course looked and played well I won’t be returning. I presume the course manager are just cramming as many players as possible onto the course and hoping everyone will just sort themselves out it took us over 4.5 hours to complete our two ball. To be avoided

Allerton has it all...

Played Allerton for the first time & thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Course was in great condition in particular the greens which were superb for the time of year. Great staff & easy booking. Also enjoyed a pint & pizza after the round in the fletchers bar which I’d recommend. Will definitely be back for another knock soon.

Great course with a variety of challenges

Well, I played Allerton Manor a few weeks ago.....I've just joined!

I had not played there in around 3 years and in my opinion it was a shame, the council was not spending any money on the up keep of the course.

A friend recently recommended I play, I turned up, wow, new restaurant, new sports bar (19th hole) and a course which was much different from when I had last played. A lot of subtle sounding and general TLC had been given to the course and I had a ball. I genuinely joined the next day and I cant wait to play there for the next year!

It's a modern club and course , excellent staff, friendly and relaxed and everything the game of golf should be in 2019!

Come and have a go but be warned, it will be hard not to join!

Decent course, poor condirions

Was a memeber here last year and been really impressed with it but played 3 courses within the last 7 days and all played proper tees and greens but not here. Winter mats are awful and overall fairways / conditions not great.

1st class course

Absolutely love playing this course all fairways and greens in top condition for the poor weather we've had lately ...staff very friendly and helpful...would highly recommend for us 18 plus handicappers and it was where I broke my 100 and I regularly shoot @ 93 now ..No par 5's but some long challenging par 4's /3's ...on the 9th tee is the halfway house a wecoming sight on these cold bloody day's serving hot drinks and food.... Am looking to become a member next season and Im sure my handicap will improve

Nice course but overbooked

Nice course with excellent greens given the recent weather. However it was massively overbooked sadly which means this is not a good review. Took near 5 hours for a 3 ball to play the course, sometimes 2-3 groups deep waiting on a tee. Also a lot of 'old guard' out playing very slowly and also seeming to complain about other groups game even if they were not very good themselves. Finally leave yourself 10-15 extra to find a parking space as it's ridiculous.

TL;DR a nice course but overbooked and wouldn't recommend

Blistering Allerton Does It Again!

I played Allerton on the scorchingly hot Thursday just gone, the course was in good condition and very dry in comparison to the dampness experienced during the winter months.

For a beginner golfer Allerton is ideal - no par fives and a few reachable par fours mean golf is good fun and relatively easy for all. The conditions were great and it was a perfect day for golf. Only minor niggle being to temporary greens that were in play what seemed needlessly as the greens looked immaculate.

A great 'fun' course for the not-too-serious golfer and fantastic bar facilities - a beer in the sun was most welcome. Keep it up Allerton!

Wow this place has changed.....

My first visit here in over 3 years and I honestly thought I had arrived at a different place. Unbelievable changes to the municipal golf club of old. Now Allerton Manor Golf Club which I believe is now privately operated would appear to have under gone a massive investment on and off the golf course. The new clubhouse is outstanding, with food and staff to match.
I've always had a soft spot for the golf course due to the interesting layout and stunning woodland setting but now with professional upgrades which has transformed some holes it is a real head turner of a course. Played on a dry day but the weather has been biblically wet for the previous 6 weeks and the fairways and greens were dry and in great condition. Much better than a local private members course which has a good reputation that I played 3 days before playing here.
Had a good chat with a very friendly member of the pro shop staff before leaving and I understand there is big plans to come in the very near future. Well done Allerton Manor, I'm looking forward to my next visit already.

First time playing here and was a nice course a couple of the greens were a bit waterlogged but nothing too bad still a bit of work going on on the course at the 7th hole but we knew about this only thing i would say is they could do with a couple of water hazards throughout the 18 hole course would definitely play here again tho

Great golf shame about the weather

Despite the weather which was very heavy rain for 12 of our 18 holes played we loved this golf course. I've played a lot of golf in the Liverpool area of late and these are the best greens I've seen so far. Clubhouse / restaurant is 10/10 too. Will be visiting again very soon.

No booking

I was looking forward to round however my booking was cancelled at 640 am just before I was about to leave home.
Allerton blamed tee times! Tee times blamed allerton!
Im still waiting for a refund for a waste of my morning.

New clubhouse and upgraded course

My first visit back to Allerton for about 3 years and I could not believe my eyes in the changes that have happened in that time. A brand new clubhouse with restaurant that served me the best full English I've had at a golf club. Brand new changing room / showers and golf shop with very attentive, professional staff who could not do enough for me before and after my round.
There has been huge amount of change to the golf course too. New tees and bunkers and the 4th hole which was a forgettable par 3 in years gone by has now been transformed into a signature, stadium course style par 3 with teeth.
Great to see investment in a golf club in the north west and there are more plans and developments to come I hear.
Good food, good course, good condition, great facilities. A must try.

First of all i would like to mention that prior to my visit I have had nothing but a pleasant experience playing at Allerton. However with the course now ongoing a major face lift I felt extremely short changed, I was unaware that any maintenance had taken part and was not told of this over the phone when making the booking nor was I notified at the clubhouse before the beginning of my round.

All in all i paid £15 to play 9 holes on the original course some of which had temp greens and 9 holes on the other side of the tracks (kids holes) which consistent of par 3s and multiple par 4s that averaged 200 yards per hole. It was however nice of Allerton to notify me of the course lay out on a piece of plastic which had been nailed onto wood 2 holes from home.

Slow play was a massive factor also from a 4 ball all of whom were members who had little to no regards of course etiquette.

As I said, I have enjoyed Allerton previously but I would advise that the club start notifying customers over the telephone or when they arrive about this massive change in set-up. I have no doubt that when maintenance has been completed that Allerton will yet again be a great course but in the meantime I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Mossley Hill, Liverpool