Style Parkland
Allestree Park Golf Club

Year Built 1947

Yellow tees

It's a short course when playing from the yellow's, but you have to think about it on a number of holes.
Don't be put off by the length, it's worth a visit

Great value for money!

Good condition. Fantastic views. I love the par 3s here....everything is in front of you...no hidden pins.Cannot wait to play again.

Had a great round of golf at this very good course. I’ll be back and I will recommend to others

Great value course

Course kept in very good condition and every bit as good as most private courses. At £10 a round it’s surprising that it isn’t busy.
Highly recommend it

RED HOT

Played it today and it was great. I have played this course half a dozen times and today with the weather was a different game altogether with the bounce and run on well recomended for the money

Best value for money.

Municipal course but well looked after. Despite the dry spell the fairways were in good condition and the greens almost pristine. The course is fairly easy walking albeit there are a couple of quite severe inclines. Relatively short with only one par 5 but with a nice mix of holes. Very picturesque; the view back down from the 11th green particularly is superb. A pay and play course that was charging only £10 a round any time, any day and represents arguably the best value for money golf in the county. The only real downside was that the 19th hole was closed as we finished our round at 3.30 but there is a watering hole nearby at the Bridge Inn, Duffield where a pint slips down very well at an outside table by the river.

allstree

Lots of hills. Played easier after a couple of rounds. Played a lot of driver and then wedge. You need more club than you think on a couple of the uphill holes.

A “Pearl” of a course

The course was a good test of shotmaking.
The views were stunning
There was a great deal of variety in the holes.
It was great value for money.

I am however concerned that the local Council who run it, only employ 3 green staff..that’s mean and very demanding on those 3 people. I can only hope they pay them a decent wage, but doubt it.
Come on local council, hire at least one more member of staff.
I look forward to coming back there again.
Dr Richard Peace

Very pleasant holes and views

! am 72 and found the course quite challenging being on many levels and some fine judgement needed from some tees. Over trees, into valleys, upwards to greens. I really enjoyed it. For me, it was hard from the walking point of view, but while on about views, some of them were lovely over the country park. The course was in good order. Good bunkers and well manicured fairways. True greens as well - if only I could hit the putt in the right direction. The facilities were a bit basic but clean. Small pro shop. Bar only open at set times (not Mondays - when I went) and unfortunately there were no buggies to hire. I think you'll appreciate this course if you give it a go.

Excellent course, great views, greens in very good shape, a pleasure to play this course

Allestree Golf Course

Considering the abnormal snow/rainfall through the winter course was in fine condition on this beautiful sunny day. Great views awesome driving holes along with some lovely par3 's make it a hidden gem. Recommend completely!!!!

People and dogs ruining the course

This was the first time I played this course. From the first tee to the last, we constantly had to stop and wait for pedestrians to get their dogs under control and move off the course.
I understand being a public course, there would be some people on a walk, but their walk shouldn't be crossing over the fairways or tees.
Then with the numerous dogs on the course, the course was ruined with the greens being torn up by paw prints, and dog poo all across the fairways and greens, and I'm pretty sure one dog ran off with my ball.
Finally at the end of the round, me and my dad went over to the very rundown clubhouse for a drink, just to be told the bar had closed. It was the weekend, and it was around 3:30. Not particularly impressed.

Deano

We have played this course many times even though we have to travel 35 mins to get there and have never been dissapointed an absolute bargain . It was a little bit damp due to the rain we had had a couple of says before which you can expect but the greens were emaculate and true the green keepers should be proud EXELLENT WORK GUYS

My review

That photo isn't Allestree and we started at 4.06 not 3.06 but anyway, course was excellent. Played there many times through the years and as a municipal it is an excellent challenge with fantastic views. The greens were better than I remember, the only two things that the course lacks are proper markers for yardage on the fairways and a bar open afterwards but I understand why both aren't there. Please say hello to Mick Fynnthe captain who I used to work with.

Amazing value

£5 for a round of golf! Great course - challenging and some lovely holes.

Decent considering

Attended on a really bad day of weather and some of the green were quite waterlogged but apart from that the course was great. Will attend under better weather again.

Gem

Played here many of times and will continue to do so.
Staff always friendly in the shop.
The pricing is fantastic and the last few times I have been I have been paying 5 for a round.(twilight hours)
Set in a parkland the course is extremely hilly. The holes are not very long but every hole is either up a hill or down a hill but always seems uphill. Certainly know about it on the legs afterwards. There is some great holes with amazing views. Also some very rewarding holes here. Fairways always seem to be ok and the greens are slow but are consistent.
Run by the council you would never know, and for the price I couldn't recommend this place any more.

Great course in parkland setting.

This course is great value and has challenges for any level of golfer

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020