1.8

White 71 6079 yards
Yellow 71 5790 yards
Red (W) 72 5536 yards
Scorecard for Championship
White M: 69.7/119 277 465 186 513 311 190 377 352 314 2985 151 347 425 535 304 367 153 294 518 3094 6079
Yellow M: 68.2/115 270 374 180 485 304 184 377 340 310 2824 143 315 420 508 295 350 145 284 506 2966 5790
Red W: 70.2/119 263 369 170 428 300 174 356 332 305 2697 136 294 411 490 280 321 142 278 487 2839 5536

Year Built 1990

Dress code Smart casual

Disappointing Track for this time of year

Booked a four ball at the course through Golf Now so really good rate. Pro shop was good, and has recently been taken over by the team from Midland golf. Friendly face in the shop and was more than accommodating. Teed off on time, so to the course, Tee boxes were uneven and needed cutting throughout the course, fairways were again long, it appeared the whole course was in need of a cut, greens were very slow having just played a course with a stint of 12.5 it was really difficult to 0lay these as they were very slow. Bunkers were sand less, the one on the 8th was like a gravel pit.
This appears a poor review but I have played this course on numerous occasions and this is probably the poorest condition that I have seen it. Went in the 19th, staff friendly and drinks were ok.

good course, needs some TLC

good course but needs some work particularly on fairways which varied between well cut to almost uncut, ie: no consistency.
On the day we went greens hadn't been cut for a couple of days and weather was damp meaning moisture thus making greens difficult play.
Cost of the round of golf was good.

Staff awful

First time used the course. Staff looked now on me won’t help out in anyway. Staff lied to myself and my partner. Won’t use again.

Ansty

We usually enjoy Ansty. Visited several times before, and usually gives a good test with varying shots. The weather was almost perfect on this occasion, hot and barely a breath of wind. Ideal conditions for me as a short hitter, the ground was hard and running fast, as the weather had been pretty dry for a week or so. We had a couple of little issues that are worth pointing out. 1) We arrived for our Tee time on Sunday morning, and found a couple of groups ahead of us. The pace of play for the opening nine holes was very slow. The impression we got was it was a block booking for a local group competition. As a two ball with a buggy, and we're pretty swift, there were long periods of waiting at times behind a two/three fourball groups. 2) The other issue we had was course appearance. Ansty is usually fairly well maintained, certainly that has been the case on previous visits. On this occasion it seems the grass hadn't been cut recently. Some of the tee boxes were very rough, and it was luck of the draw on some fairways, where you could hit the middle and still find yourself in a semi rough or rough lie. The bunkers were a bit iffy too, the one I found in the day was full of stones, my cousin reported similar in some of the ones he visited, and a hard/lack of sand lie in some too.
Small points, but enough to niggle on a course we usually enjoy. I hope they do get the standard back up and it was just unusual circumstances that led to the course maintenance being overlooked.
The staff in the shop were very helpful though, sorting us out with a buggy when it initially seemed a mix up had been made with our booking, and swiftly replacing the buggy at halfway when the battery seemed to have drained quicker than expected. Can't fault them for their helpfulness on that.

We'll visit again, no doubt, at the moment it's part of our circulation of course that we play, but if the maintenance levels are iffy like they seemed on this occasion, it would be a put off for future visits. We would recommend it, it's a good test and a pleasure to play when looked after properly.

Needs some care and attention

The course has potential but was not in good condition. Even more noticeable when others are currently in peak preseason condition, This seemed as if it had just had a tough year.
Tee boxes scruffy. Just rolling and cutting would help. Fairways need another cut and were generally at the '1st cut' level for most courses. Greens need a lot of work as very slow, bumpy and rarely ran true. Layout confusing 1st time round. Thankfully weather was perfect.
A little money and a lot of work could make a big difference.

Standards Slipping

Rather suprised to find the greens were patchy and it appeared that they hadn't been cut for at least a week which made putting very challenging.
Disappointed to see a 4 ball in front of us that were drinking out of cans and just wearing shorts and golf shoes (no shirts) aswell as being very noisy. Surely there has to be a concerted effort to maintain certain standards on golf courses.

Nice course even in the heat!

This is the second time I have played Ansty. The course was very dry but the greens had been well watered and were in good condition given the extremely hot weather. Very few golfers on the course so pace of play was down to us. Plenty of interesting holes, if there were a few up and downers!. Bit of a climb for the first hole and maybe one or two other holes could be a bit challenging but I enjoyed the round (even if it was 29 degrees!) All tees had ball washers but sadly all were dry and well worn. Some good benches around the course and overall a good course and well worth the money.

Ansty

Golf course was in good condition and green were good. A few water pipes leaking which made certain area wet.

What let the day down was:
Had to lone a trolley as all the buggies had been booked out. After 3 holes the trolly wheel fell off and keep on doing so after being reattached.

Poor quality maintenance

Played this course many times and it has always been a good experience.
Unfortunately when I played here last Saturday the course was very poor. The fairways needed cutting and if you strayed off them the ball was lost in the overgrown 2nd cut. The greens were bobbly and very slow.
Not sure what's happened, but it's not how the course was last year and it was not worth the £25.00

Ansty 18

Course was in great condition. I've been playing Ansty all winter and with the amount of rain there has been it has not been great but now it is a little dryer the green keepers have done a great job, the greens are very nice.

Nice Course

This is a nice course which has always been in excellent condition when I have played it. It is a good walk as it has a number of uphill holes.

better play

This was my second time on this course, the fist time I found it to be hard going but this time i found it to be better as I prepared for it and reduced my shots by 21.
T would recommend playing this course,

Course is in great condition

A well maintained, challenging course that is in excellent condition.

Decent course

Decent course with a challenging back 9, very quiet in the afternoon so you can enjoy your round. The course is in good condition & greens are well maintained.
some very challenging holes especially the par 4 12th hole.

9th hole goes right by the club house so you can stop for a drink or snack (telephone on the 9th tee to order as well).
Overall a great course with good value for money.

Excellent

Excellent service and great course. I will be coming back.

Fairways nice and greens consistent.

After rain the fairways were in very good state and the greens were nice and consistent. Hired a buggy and that was a very new machine.

Overall good value and lovely course - I have played here several times and will no doubt be back again several times too!

Slow play on this round but that may have been individuals play rather than the norm from what I could see.

Fridays game

Course in good condition, well maintained all around.

Ansty golf course

Nice , well maintained only drawback was the choice of sandwich filling , very good if you like tuna !!!

Great value

Although it was windy. The course was in good condition and very enjoyable. We had millionaires golf. No hold ups and round in 3 1/2 hours. And great value at £11 each. Certainly would play there again

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.