2 reviews

Type Municipal
Style Parkland
Arrowe Park Golf Club

Year Built 1932

4 players 2 sets of clubs, 3 players 1 set of clubs wow!!

I play arrowepark quite a lot normally 7.00am, thought I would go a bit later, 10..30am,seen bit of a queue so decided to have a put on practice Green, seen 4 ball on the 1st tee, only 2 bags of clubs between them, then next 3ball only 1 set of clubs!!! No wonder council is thinking of closing the munies down put a lot of people off, simple solution no clubs no play, I blame the man in the shop he should be doing his job properly and not drinking tea in the shop, there's a massive bay window so he can see how many are playing and how many bags of clubs there are between them, for this I would not recommend this course to anyone, come on council sort it out and you might make a bit more money!!!!! NO CLUBS GAME!!!!

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY - Brackenwood is round the corner

Wednesday 24.04.19 I travelled to Arrowe Park from Runcorn after work for a casual round of golf with my friend who lived locally. We arrived approx. 1800hrs (1 hour before club house closes) to find the shop was closed and shutters down. The man who was working on that day (Short guy with a bit of a gut) was still inside so I approached about the possibility of playing. Bare in mind conditions were lovely, light rain 30 mins before arrival but nothing major. I was told he had closed down early to the weather (I think he just wanted an easy afternoon to be honest, he seemed quite happy hoovering the shop when I arrived - each to their own as they say). I did advise the fact I had travelled 40 minutes to which I was questioned where I travelled from and "Why I travelled that far for a game of golf" at which point I was in shock at the attitude from this man and unwillingness to understand my frustration. He then became agressive towards me and made it clear I should leave. Myself and my freind then drove to Brackenwood golf course which is approx. 10 mins away which was still open (suggesting the man at arrowe park should also be open and conditions were the same at both courses). We had a fantastic game of golf in perfect conditions. Dont give this man any business or waste your time and money. Brackenwood is the one!

Shame about the little things!

Overall a well laid out, spacious, straightforward course in excellent condition, EXCEPT.........I don't think anyone who plays there owns a pitckmark repairs, and there were no bunker rakes.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020