Style Parkland

Year Built 1991

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Jcb
Dress code Smart casual

Superb course

I cannot speak highly enough of this course, from a friendly greeting by the staff to the well manicured course. Even though it had rained the day before there were no puddles anywhere, the greens played quite fast and receptive and were much the same as my own course Stockwood park. It's been more than five years since I last played here and really glad that I came and I will not leave it so long next time

Golfing Delight - a real gem!

I was a member here when it first opened in 1992 and left in 1998 due to moving out of the area. So this was my first round at AVGC in over 20 years! I took 3 friends with me and I could not have been more pleased that I did! From the welcome we got from Manager Chris Wright, who was brilliant, to the friendly clubhouse and greenkeeping staff, they were all a real credit to the club. The driving range is good and, surprisingly, the range balls are mostly branded and in good condition. The putting green was a fair replica of what to expect on the course.
But it's the course itself that left me most impressed. The tee boxes were all in good condition, fairways had been cut ready for the weekend, rough was punishing, but playable, bunkers all sandy and well tended, and the greens are the best I've played in a long time. Although some have been enlarged since last time I played, most are still quite small, but very true, mid/fast paced and they hold the ball well. AVGC is a thinking golfer's course as many of the approach shots are mid to long irons and with small greens, you have to consider your options. On the day we played many of the holes were cut in sucker positions, making it even more important to think before hitting.

The feature holes from the '90s have only improved with maturity, with the 6th (sloping fairway into a ditch) and 13th (mid/long-iron over a pond) as the main signature holes, and the 16th the most pleasing driving hole on the course. The 4th is a teasing short dogleg par 4, which requires a solid drive if you don't want a blind second over trees to a narrow sloping green. The 5th, 7th and 11th are all terrific golf holes too and with a couple of card wrecking par 3s in the 2nd and 15th, both with tight OOBs to catch wayward tee-shots, this course has developed into a real gem.

The other great thing about AVGC is that as a (still) relatively new club, it's not steeped in stuffy tradition, which makes it very inclusive and friendly. They clearly have very vibrant Juniors', Seniors' and Ladies' Sections and plenty of competitions througout the year.

We had a terrific day and I'm pretty sure it won't be 20 years before I play my next round there!

Course in good Nick!

Used to be a member 10 years ago so know the course really well.It really has blossomed into a very good course.Off course facilities are very good.Range with bays,Outside range on grass and also a practise bunker area with chipping green.It has everything you need to practise before your game.Course layout is very good with bunkers, water and the odd dog leg.Lots of seasoned trees to be wary of as well.Greens were fast and fairways as well.Tee boxes were fair and could be better but well used.Small bar area with outside seats. Nice course.

A very playable course.

Played my best round of the year to date. The fairways were a little fluffy but that is probably due to the recent rain. The greens where pretty fast but very true. The course provides some challenging holes with water in play on quite a few of them. I only managed to find one bunker and was pleased to find it had plenty of sand. Would recommend this course for any level of player and I will definitely be back again soon. Off the course the staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities were very good.

Pleasant surprise

Just came back from Thailand that same day. Did not play golf for two weeks and was suffering withdrawal. Took a chance, booked on tee off times. Fantastic day out. Driving in, I could see the practice facilities. Everything was there. Immaculately presented. The guy in the shop was very friendly and helpful. I bought an umbrella and a dozen balls.
The course was interesting and in perfect condition. There was a competition the previous day and some of the pins were in tricky positions.
I live 15 miles away and had no idea the place existed. 100% going back there.

Great design

First time playing this course and although not impressed with first impressions of carpark and clubhouse exterior the course and practice facilities were fantastic. Really enjoyed the flow and design and thought the T and green condition were the best I have seen in area. We'll done to the greens keepers who obviously really care about what they do.

Slow Saturday

Turned up at the course to be told tee off times had double booked the tee time and joined our 2 ball with another 2 ball, the guy in the pro shop was very helpful and kept us as separate 2 balls.
Unfortunately it didn’t matter much as we were all stuck behind a society 4 ball that we couldn’t play through. A 2 ball round of golf took us 4.5 hours. The 10 minute wait on EVERY tee box was fairly soul destroying !
Course was generally in good condition for the time of year, couple of patchy greens but nothing major.

3 hpur round

Course was nice and quiet with no hold ups. Greens in fair condition but tee boxes and fairways were poor.Looks like the summer has taken its toll on the course.

The course was in good shape

I Played this course about 8- Years ago and found it
not very good, but arriving at course staff were great
+ course was in very good shape greens were very
true and good to put on + course a bit flat but good
long pars + very good par 3 . The price was excellent
and will play again due to being local

Very good set up

Abit wet due to weather Whitch reflects on greens but not bad and no temp greens, some good long par 4 challenge s

Enjoyable

Played this course for the first time in around 12-15 years in early December.
The welcome from a young girl in the pro shop wasn't particularly warm but courteous nonetheless.

The practice area is excellent, you can choose to play from mats in undercover range bays or from a grassy area outside. I haven't found this at many courses so it was nice to hit a few from the grass before going out.
We were pleasantly surprised by the condition of the course for the time of year, greens were generally very good as were the fairways. Ball washers and towels on every hole is always a welcome addition.
The course layout was nice if lacking a little bit of variety, there are a few tough holes (a few fairly long par 4s) but generally a good test of golf.

The bar staff were very polite and friendly in the 19th. The bar area is small but fairly well stocked.

An enjoyable day overall, a really nice, well maintained course just lacking a bit of wow factor for me, that being said, I would look to come back for another round in slightly warmer weather !

Aylesbury vale has some of the best greens in the area very true hats off to the green keepers

Nice course, every hole different

My first time on this course, I'd like to play here again as no two holes felt the same. It has a mix of some easy, medium and hard holes. Same with the lengths. So challenging and a goof fun test.

When i played, a couple of the holes had greens in need of some work but nothing major.

I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it, and play here again - i think knowing the course layout would help with scoring on this course.

I only ask that golf instructors don't take their students/classes out onto the the holes in front of golfers about to tee off, we had someone holding us up for the first three holes, which then meant we were being chased by two groups behind, through no fault of our own.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to go in the club house, driving range needs updating (run down) although they have an area where you can hit off the deck which is good. Staff friendly.

Best course I've played for under £30

Very well kept course, fairways in good condition with well cut, good paced greens. Bunkers in good nick also. Played on a very nice sunny day so can excuse the waiting around due to numerous groups on the course but members happily allow quicker groups to play through and very friendly in the bar afterwards. Some rather small greens which make a few holes interesting but some challenging holes with a bit of character in general, great value for money

Lovely course

First time played was very well maintained. Greens very good. Course is well laid out and has few challenging holes. Definitely play again.excellent value for money

Interesting course

Nice course very easy to get round in very good condition, and a friendly club house

Aylesbury Vale

Play this course as a member (soon to be leaving) and have done for almost a year. Bad points are the continued slow play and the lack of 'members' letting or in the case of not letting faster groups play through. Very very frustrating! Greens which you cannot pitch on to as no water makes for rock hard greens. This means you have to use a lot less club to allow for the ball to roll onto the green - assuming you get a forward bounce. Would recommend you play elsewhere if you want to play at a reasonable pace and fire shots into the green the way golf should be played.

Milton Keynes, Borough of Milton Keynes