Type Private
Style Parkland
Baildon Golf Club

Year Built 1896
Architect James Braid (1896)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Delta

Beautiful but challenging

Booked a Monday hot deal and paid £10 to play. Staff were friendly when I arrived and explained the quirks of the course to me.

No trees and a lot of courses with no bunkers. The big challenge is that you have to hit the fairway otherwise you will struggle to find and play your ball.

Weather was windy. Lots of dog walkers but most were curtious of me when playing. Greens and fairways were in good condition.

For the money I paid, I would highly recommend!!

Brilliant

A very challenging links type golf course. Must keep the ball on the fairway at all times!!! Greens are true and run at a good speed. Course is in good condition. Friendly and welcoming staff. Layout forces more of a course management strategic play rather than aggressive play.

Poorest greens I’ve ever played on

We booked this course as we were members several years ago before we moved house. We should have suspected something amiss as we arrived at the pro shop to collect our cards etc the place was empty bar some second hand clubs on sale for £1 each! We only played 4 holes before deciding after another of our putts changed direction dramatically to leave for another course nearby. We explained why we were leaving to the guy in the empty pro shop. He replied that they were having trouble keeping up the watering of the course due to the fact they weren’t allowed to have sprinklers, water taps, pipes etc. as it was public land the course was on. I hope this is just a blip due to the hot weather and not the demise of a once brilliant course only several years ago!!

Greens

The Greens were the worst I have experienced in playing golf , no grass and they have not been watered you could see up to 5 old holes on each green

Terrible conditions

As this course is high up with no adverse weather protection you need half decent weather. Sadly I had to abandon my round after 7 holes because the weather was so bad it was practically impossible to play.

Not for beginners

Make no mistake, this course is not for beginners.

If you miss the fairway it's virtually impossible to find your ball and with the elevated nature of the course you get all seasons in one round including some pretty strong gusts of wind.

That said, if your I'm control of your game it's a very satisfying course to challenge yourself on and you can pick up some low scores on some of the shorter par 4s and some easily reachable par 3s.

I'll be back again once I've got a bit more accuracy off the tee.

Paul.

best views of any inland English course

I've play Baildon in Opens about twice a year for the last 5 years. In wet & windy conditions it's more of an assault course than a golf course, but if you can play well here you'll play well anywhere. You'll only score well if you keep it out of the rough. (This year our party was 12 and none put a ball onto the 2nd green, one of the best pars 3s I've played#.
This year the greens have returned to those expected of a moorland course and were fair if a little slow, even for a moorland green.
There's not a single tree on the course so you're exposed to the elements particularly on the front 9 but less so on the back where it's thought to be a bit easier. #As my colleague describes it - 15 holes uphill and 2 down).
It's a unique experience, not for the fainthearted, and I love it!!!

Good course, leave the driver on most holes take an iron if you find the heather you're dead. Good layout of challenging holes, enjoyable course

Different challenge

Baildon has no trees, not much water and very few bunkers but the up and down terrain combined with loads of heather make for an interesting and varied round. We played in January and weather was fine: cold but not wet or windy. Ground was in excellent condition.
95 shots; handicap 23

Mr PRAKASH BHOJANI

HELLO, I PLAYED GOLF IN BAILDON GOLF IN FIRST TIME. THERE ARE LOOKING ANY VILLAGES, JOYFUL WALKING WITH THEIR DOGS ARE WALKING.

THANKS PRAKASH

Really stunning course

Played on a wet and windy day where some courses nearby were closed or you are required to play off the mats. The fairways are wide but the rough are knee deep so if u can hit a straight ball you're likely to score well. I'm most impressed on the quality of the greens from 1st to 18th, it's like the standard of any decent golf courses in Scotland. Muddy in places but it's understandable due to heavy rain. The course is very tidy, staff friendly. Lots of dog walkers so we stopped and had little chat with dog walkers and had some photos too. If this course impressed me and was unexpectedly good this time of the year I would definitely want to come back in late spring or summertime.

great views

Really friendly staff, great course, will be fantastic in summer

Baildon, City of Bradford
Yorkshire, City of Bradford
Bradford, City of Bradford
Calverley, City of Leeds

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.