Staff Friendliness

Pleasanton Country Club is an 18-hole, regulation-length golf course in Pleasanton, Texas. This medium-length layout has three sets of tee boxes for a fun - but challenging - golfing experience. Featuring 6,529 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72, Pleasanton Country Club's rating is 71.5 and it has a slope rating of 120. Designed by Steve Mrak, the golf course opened in 1968. A flat course, Pleasanton Country Club is easy to walk. The greens are large, and the fairways are tree lined. There are several large oak trees that can affect your shots, and water comes into play on five holes.
Pleasanton Country Club
Scorecard for Pleasanton
Blue M: 71.0/121 391 190 369 458 390 135 415 365 553 3266 390 210 493 534 345 173 373 394 391 3303 6569
Red M: 69.7/119 W: 76.2/132 365 167 358 450 384 125 400 345 545 3139 370 188 468 518 330 162 360 375 360 3131 6270
Black M: 70.4/121 287 148 312 370 321 110 309 312 439 2608 278 143 393 426 317 151 300 303 279 2590 5198
White W: 68.5/117 267 118 277 342 259 95 275 260 399 2292 236 136 385 420 220 143 294 297 273 2404 4696

Year Built 1960
Greens Tidwarf Grass
Golf Season Year round. Closed Mondays.
Architect Steve Mark

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted None
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Group Getaways 2

Needs some TLC

Overall a very nice course. Generous on miss hits and fairways in really good shape. Greens are a little rough , but they just seeded. The layout was a little confusing but the staff explained. I would definitely play it again once the greens come around.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Average

Fire ants/ trees

My Girl and I were looking forward to playing this course as we are with every new coarse we play. We were immediately disappointed with the lack of signage leading us to the 1st tee box . Upon preparing to hit my second I felt a burning sensation on my feet only to realize I had fire ants all over me. My girl and I love trees but my goodness I truly had NEVER seen sooooo many on one course, between trying to avoid the ants and the trees we beat. This is the first time that I could not recommend a course :-(
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Average

Very good drainage

Played after heavy rain the previous day. The course was bone dry with only a hint of wet spot in just a few area. A beautiful course. Not crowded and at a good pace.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
Three golfers, two of which ended up having their spouses tag along, and associate deemed it necessary to charge double for adding 1 golf cart to our party. Evidentially they have so much business they can afford to just charge people whatever and assume they’re going g to return - well that is going to happen in my case. I don’t appreciate being taken advantage of, due to an unforeseen circumstance. I won’t go back for a while.
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Average
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Excellent

Nice, but overpriced at $37

Chief complaint: No food or coffee available in the pro-shop. Only after the grill opens at 11:00. Adding a coffee maker and some packaged snacks would go a long way to fill the gap. Started 18 holes at 0900 on a beautiful Saturday morning. Met a gentleman at the pro shop that checked us in. Very nice guy. Grabbed a cart, then traded for a different one. The carts are pretty run down. Grabbed our clubs and headed for the first hole. The course wasn’t anything special. Needs some attention, but overall playable. The course layout is very confusing, and we nearly got lost several times. The holes are not labeled very well, and there are several places where the cart path simply disappears for several hundred feet. We ended up leaving at the turn, as my wife’s allergies were acting up. We don’t plan on going back.
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Fair

Great value for the money

This was my first time playing the course, i enjoyed myself, the course is off the beaten path , but you won't be disappointed, the greens were well maintained and i can't say that about some of the courses in San Antonio & the staff was very friendly and courteous. I'll be back to play again.
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Great course for the money

Enjoyed playing the course. I'm a recreational golfer at best. A good round for me is shooting under 100. I enjoyed the course, challenging but not unbeatable. The greens were well maintained, except for a couple of hole with dead diviot spots. I drove 50 minutes to play, and would definitely do it again.
Off-course amenities Average