Type Private
Style Links
Blackpool North Shore Golf Club

Year Built 1904
Architect H. S. Colt (1927)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Blackpool North Shore Teaching Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo
Dress code Denim/denim-like wear, track suits, trainers, sun tops (ladies), shirts without collar/sleeves (men) and the wearing of trousers inside socks unless they are specifically designed for this purpose are not allowed.

Not the best course for winter golf

We wanted to play blackpool north shore as the website states the course is in pristine condition: also lots of reviews stating it’s in fantastic condition during the winter. Well here is an honest review of our experience. This course is a great layout. Few nice par 3s. However it’s far from pristine, I’ve played on pristine links courses and believe me this is far from pristine. Yes maybe it’s pristine in summer but def not in winter. the whole course is very wet and areas of the course is very boggy. There is also few temp greens which we weren’t made aware of prior to booking. For what we paid I feel there is much nicer courses around so for that reason it wudnt be my first choice in the future but I would return if it was much cheaper as i feel it doesn’t warrant the £21 each we paid today.

A91

Good quality course

We played end of October when there’s been a lot of rain and you wouldn’t have known the course was in great condition, been sand based means you can get away from wet muddy courses and enjoy playing somewhere like this makes winter more enjoyable!
Would recommend this course to everyone!

An outstanding game of golf

An overall excellent enjoyable day at this course. From the staff in the clubhouse to the pro in the shop, all were so professional in everything they done.
I have in the past always been reluctant to play links courses but after playing this one I would highly recommend it.
Course was in excellent, and the greens were in A1 condition. Credit to all involved in this club, this includes the members.
Would highly recommend and will definitely return in the future.

A delightful Last minute round

After failing to qualify for the Senior British open around Fairhaven the day before my caddy and I decided to have a game close by before heading home. Using Golf Now for the first time Blackpool - North Shore came up for £19 each. What a bargain. They accommodated us and we’re extremely helpful. The course is better than it looks from the clubhouse. If the rough was slightly longer this would have been a tough test. As it was it was a highly enjoyable course in superb condition. The fairs were the best I’ve played on in some time. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area and will provide a good challenge for scratch golfers whilst still being enjoyable for higher handicappers.

Wonderful links

Hot deal meant it was great value. Will definitely return

£9.00 It would be rude not to.

There hasn't been many opportunities for a winter round up until now, new years eve was a calm grey day, a bit chilly but dry, one or two temp winter tees, but all the greens were in play, this made for a pleasant few hours, nice to get out after to much Christmas!

Is it really November.

Never been disappointed at North Shore.
Grabbed a bargain from Tee off Times.
The course is in fabulous condition.
ALL Greens are great for November.
Recommended!!!!

Good round

Very good course. Only 10-15 MPH wind but that is enough to make the course a good test. 1st hole 420yds, 2nd hole 390yds both into the prevailing wind, very difficult start. Several 400+yds par 4's and a couple of the 5's are into the wind. As Trevino said "it takes 3 good shots to get up in 2". Good birdie chances on the short par 4's but, again you need very accurate pitches into the green..4 testing par 3's.

Very friendly staff. Good bacon butties, unfortunately the evening meal was poor at best. That did spoil a good day, would still be back though.

Blackpool North Shore GC

I have played the course before and although wet on our last visit the course was standing up well to the current weather conditions.
I was disappointed to find two holes closed and the greens freshly ‘tined’ Meaning scoring was out of the window, but the rest was good and I’ll return .

Lesson learned, Next time I’ll ring before bookingto ensure the course is fully open and the greens playable!!

That aside the course is worth a visit and a good round.

This course hasn’t improved

Arrived at the course to be told there was 4 holes closed and all the holes were on winter greens. We were very disappointed. The last time we played this course we said we wouldn’t come back but we thought we’d give it a try !! If they had charged £10 then we could have accepted it but it was £20 each , sort it out North shore !!

Blackpool North Shore GC

Yet another great day on a well laid out course holding up well following recent poor weather. Greens are good, most fairways firm and well cared for. Great value for money, so good in fact we’re back there tomorrow

Greens

Greens amazing, all staff and amenities excellent. A lot of blind holes and limited with the course layout.

Blackpool North Shore GC

Having played here before I found the course to be in excellent condition , as before considering the recent poor weather. The greens were quick and challenging, the fairways well cut and generally clear of debris.
The change to previous visits was the welcoming face and personality of the chap in the Pro-Shop, far more polite than on previous visits and felt very welcome, as a non member.
I highly recommend the course, will play there again and I am looking forward to my next round.

First time

First time I've played here and what a course! Considering the amount of rainfall we've had in the last 6 weeks the course was in fantastic condition the greens were excellent very true and quick. Only gripe I have was majority of holes are a bit up and down but none the less every hole played different. Overall very impressed will definitely be playing here again.

Lovely course

A lovely course to play with wide fairways for the up and coming player

Enjoyed

The course I've played many times it's a good track.
If It was mine I would make the rough more punishing, can be wild off the tea 80% of the time and your not punished.

We paid £20 which is a fair price I think. It's not worth £30 in my opinion Which is what they want to charge you if you call up even once you say it's cheaper online Archaic thinking.0

good day out.

very good day ,staff in pro shop and bar very pleasant.course grate condition. will play again through t/off times.

Great golf

Brilliant staff ..course in excellent condition ..was a very windy and added to the challenge very enjoyed it coming soon

Fantastic greens

Played here yesterday at 8 in the morning luckily it was a beautiful Blackpool morning. The course was in fantastic condition and the greens were the best I have played on all year ( I normally play around the Manchester area). There were lots of work being done on the course by the groundstaff and there were at least two groups of four members also out on the course filling in divots which was very refreshing to see. The only dissapointing thing was that I teed off at the same time as two of the older members who I think were playing in the midweek comp and I had to wait quite an amount of time for every shot before they finally let me through on the seventh. I know as a rule a single player doesn't have much standing on the course but they could have let me through at any point and I would have been out of there way pretty much straight away. Would highly recommend this course and will definitely return....but maybe not on a Wednesday!

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.