1 reviews

Style Parkland
Stanley Park Golf Course
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1925
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1925)

Dress code Relaxed. Clean&tidy, smart jeans, t-shirts will be fine, although football shirts & beach wear will not be allowed.

Anonymous

Golf Now Booking

I regularly use Golf Now to book courses in the area and find it a very good way of experiencing the beautiful golf courses around Lancashire.
I booked Stanley Park for 21/2/20 but unfortunately the extreme weather has closed the course.
This has happened before when I booked at North Shore on new years day. At North Shore the staff couldnt have been more helpful and re-arranged an alternative tee off when the conditions had improved.
My experience of Stanley Park? "Go contact Golf Now and sort it out yourself."
Suffice to say Golf Now will not refund for closed courses on the day of play when its a "hot deal", even though £12 is the standard winter green fee at this course.
I am disappointed that neither Golf Now or Stanley Park will take the time, courtesy and effort to re-arrange or refund the green fee, even though they are more than happy to take the money on a day when they have closed their course.
I would advise readers not to use Golf Now to book Stanley Park and I would advise Stanley Park to have a better attitude towards paying customers as my experience was poor and will be shared.
I use Golf Now for convenience not cost as they dont get special rates, in fact its typically more expensive once booking fee is added.
So in summary please dont be greedy, if a course is unplayable then refund the customer, its the right thing to do.

Good experience

A lovely course with challenging conditions. The pro couldn't have been more helpful.

Lovely course to play golf.

Played Stanley park a couple of times now. Most certainly the most enjoyable course to play in Blackpool and the surrounding area. Really well maintained course.

Out and About

With the prolonged heat wave we have experienced I didn't fancy travelling too far for baked fairways and greens. Played Stanley park a lot, years ago when it was a municipal course but not been for a long time. What a fantastic surprise it was to see almost perfect GREEN lush greens. My playing partner said it was like walking on axminster they were so soft. The fairways were pretty much as I expected, baked and the bunkers were pretty much the same. I think there aren't many courses at the moment that aren't brown all over. Where it matters, on the greens, every hole was beautiful. Even the holes furthest away from the clubhouse. Not a difficult course and today we played for £11. Think I'l give it another bash next week just because of the quality of the greens in the current conditions..

The end of an era

I taught myself to play golf here almost 20 years ago I haven't been round the course for about 5 years since it was taken over by Mac golf I'm afraid I won't be coming back anytime soon what was a beautiful Mackenzie golf course is in a sad state.

Brill views of blackpool

Fanatstic day of golf all the better when sun is shining

Working in the right direction,

Firm favourite for me.
Getiing upto how it should look.
Brilliant layout.
Value for money.
Has some less than friendly members.
Will return

Very poor condition!

The course is in very poor condition and I am surprised they are even open to play. The course is very boggy. The grass is so long it’s hard to find your ball on the ‘“fairway”! In its current condition probably the worst course I’ve ever played....

Most of the course was good to play.
Because of the amount of rain we have had over the winter holes 3 - 9 were very soft, boggy in places & because of this they have not been able to cut the grass this made it difficult to play.
There needs to be a few dry days so that this can be rectified

Poor condition

Arrived after booking online.3-9 holes were closed due to rain.why don't they let someone know before we book ?
To be fair,the lad has offered me a free round in the future because of the lack of holes open.
The course was in pretty poor condition.very wet & biggy.courses get wet,I get that but what I don't get is the grass cuttings that are left on the fairways so you can't find your ball.why not pick them up ??

Good views over blackpool

Superb course played lots of times here. Greens and fairways in great shape. Well looked after. Would recommend anyone playing here.

A gem

Booked this golf course as it looked great value. It was better than that. Course has been tidied back to its former glory after spending some time run by the local council. The new owners have done a great job. A testing course but with room for the wayward. Good greens too. We were made welcome beyond compare in the clubhouse with members vacating chairs to make sure that we had somewhere to sit and get food and drink . Captain even bought us a beer. I can't speak highly enough.

Enjoyable

Enjoyed the course, friendly members/staff.
Picked the wrong day to go. Very busy. Didn't do the last 2 holes as there were 3 groups waiting to tee off on the 16th.
Will try again though. Different day

Stanley park

We enjoyed the course the layout is good the pace of play was good 3 hrs 20 behind 3 lots of 4 balls
My only criticism is the greens were poor they had been scarified about 8 days previous to our visit and were in the process of recovering also the rough was a little bit penal for general play condition
All in all I think we should go back and play it again when the greens have recovered

Good round but not enough bins around corse and not enough infomation at each hole giving layout etc ...

Blackpool, Blackpool
Blackpool, Blackpool
Poulton-le-Fylde, Wyre
Fleetwood, Wyre
Knott End-on-Sea, Preesall
Southport, Sefton

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).