Style Parkland

Previously known as Bowood Golf & Country Club - Championship Course

PGA Bowood - England

Year Built 1992
Architect Dave Thomas (1992)

Practice Hole Yes

Excellent challenging course

Very nice setting, excellent course and the pace of play was fine in the outward nine, a bit slower on the back nine, so I am assuming some players started on the 10th late afternoon. Stated at ahead of our 3:00pm tee-time thanks to the pro. Would definitely play Bowood again.

Had one of the best days golfing I’ve ever had, such a lovely course, will be going back to play many more times in the future

Excellent course, challenging and great fun!

I paid £30 for my round and it was the best value for money golf I’ve ever experienced! The staff in the pro shop couldn’t have been nicer and more helpful. The course was in immaculate condition with the greens being the fastest I’ve played in in the UK. I’m an average golfer so was a challenging course but every hole was different and great fun. I ended up playing with two other guys, one of which was a member. Had a great afternoons golf in an absolutely beautiful estate. Would recommend in a heart beat as I think it’s the best parkland course I’ve ever played on. Will definitely be back.

If Carlsberg did golf reviews.

What a stunning course and setting to match.
We played as a 2 ball in early December and the course was relatively empty, conditions were cold and windy and there had been a lot of rain prior to our visit so I was expecting a bit of water logging and the greens to be tired. I couldn't have been further away from my initial thoughts. Fairways were pristine, the greens were something else, even hitting in a low shot the ball still gripped. The tee boxes were as good as some greens that I have played on in the past.
The course itself is quite challenging and long, having not played it before there was a lot of guess work in our tee shots as a lot of the holes are dog legs or blind greens (buy a course planner)
Credit to the green keeping staff for keeping it in the condition it was, especially over the winter months. The pro in the pro shop was friendly and gave us some advice before we ventured out, the driving range facility is also good, bit of a trek from the pro shop and then back to the 1st but that is in no way a criticism of the course itself.
So many feature holes at Bowood, but my favourite had to be 17, simply stunning.
I will definitely return to this gem of a course.

Good Challenge

Very enjoyable, layout revised since previous visit some years ago which I preferred. Course in v.g. condition including tees and greens, especially ladies tees which are often neglected on courses.

Best round ever at Bowood and best gross for about 10 years!

Loved every minute. Great value for money, given that I essentially had the course to myself (no-one in front, only a two-ball and four ball visible behind) and the weather was dreamy - 24 degrees and not a breath of wind. The course played quite easy as a result, as the rain of previous days made the greens receptive, but there was still plenty of run on the fairways. I played off silver tees, so only about 6500yds, but shot a 'medal play' 76 round the par 72 (hcp 11), about which I was delighted... best gross in about ten years! The welcome was good, the takeaway coffee tasty and the lunch afterwards just topped it off... what a great morning!

Fabulous Course

Challenging and enjoyable in equal measures. The fairways and greens are in terrific condition. A thoroughly enjoyable round of Golf!

Valid dates: Nov 22, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Unlimited golf for two and stay at Ritz Carlton on Dove Mountain with daily American breakfast for two at CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar.
From $1900