Brandon Wood Golf Course

White 72 6523 yards
Yellow 72 6160 yards
Red (W) 72 5556 yards
Scorecard for Brandon Wood Golf Course
White M: 73.1/123 521 158 390 339 470 151 358 410 441 3238 420 139 487 522 192 326 375 409 415 3285 6523
Yellow M: 70.7/121 499 136 369 318 450 130 338 389 421 3050 401 121 466 502 172 307 357 389 395 3110 6160
Red W: 70.2/119 442 129 297 312 425 130 332 341 367 2775 375 121 389 420 166 301 285 335 389 2781 5556

Year Built 1977

Dress code Smart golfing attire.

Plays Twice a year

Great staff, nice setting

Staff are great - very helpful and friendly. Course is in bad condition at present but I was warned when I made the booking. Hope it picks up soon because it is a nice course.

Dried out course

Have played this course numerous times over the years and this is worst condition I have seen, the greens have been allowed the dry out and burn during the heatwave, there are bare patches, they are cracked, the grass is dead, it will take a long time for these greens to recover. The rest of the course wasn't to bad you expect the fairways to have taken a bashing in the hot weather but other courses I have played recently have looked after the greens. I presume because of the state of the greens the course was very quiet, we played at 11:43 on a Sunday and were virtually the only ones on the course, we were able to play at our own pace nobody in front of us holding us up and nobody right behind us.

Terrible Greens

Having never played there before and paying £23.00 for a round, i expected more, the greens were in a terrible state most unplayable and in need of replacing.

Advice to anyone booking don't you'll waste your money

Could be a great course

Sadly the greens are about as bad as you can get with many bare patches and.cracks. Impossible to have a putting game.

Interesting course

Course has suffered with the recent spell of hot weather. Greens need some attention. However, enjoyable round of golf for all handicap levels.

Worse greens I have ever played on

The course itself is nicely designed and fits in well

with the natural landscape with plenty of mature

trees and the river. Fairways are in reasonable condition and well tended. Bunkers are playable and well kept. Club house is basic but covers all your needs.

The rub is that most of the greens if not all are in a

dreadful condition to the point that nearly all need

repairing or replacing. This was not a good experience and we will not return until the greens are sorted. To be avoided for at least a couple of years if the greens are to be sorted.

Greens very shabby

Sadly the great summer has took its toll on this course the greens are in very poor condition very dry with massive cracks in hopefully in time this course can get back to it’s best for it really is a good test of golf just a massive shame about the greens

No grass in the greens

First the positive points, the staff are really friendly and polite and ensured pre and post golf that everyone was well hydrated and had plenty of water.

Unfortunately the greens are in a very poor condition. Putting was like playing with a marble on concrete, huge cracks on the greens and barely any grass, clearly they have not been maintaining the greens through this hot spell.

After 3 holes I lost the will as it was basically play to the green then crazy golf.

Not sure what was going on ahead of us but the round took 5 hours, which in my mind is just poor slow play.

I couldn’t recommend this course to anyone st the moment and if I had paid £1 to play it would have been £1 too much. An afternoon and good money wasted. Just glad I’m not a member here or I really would be annoyed.

Cousre in disgraceful condition

The greens are in the worse condition... they were split and have huge dried crackers all over them , Unable to put on them . I don't think they have seen water for weeks .... I'll not go back there again . The staff didn't say anything about how bad they were. To be honest I wish we had walked off the 2nd green and left the course.... so I would tell anyone thinking of playing there DON'T.....

A nice course suffering from the hot weather

I’ve played this course a number of times and always enjoy the challenges but the course is suffering from the abnormal heat (as are many others).

The fairways are still reasonably green but the greens are going brown and cracking badly making putting a bit of a lottery. They are also incredibly hard so keeping a ball on the green is a real challenge, as is getting the putting lengths right once on the green.

All of this, coupled with the heat, badly affected our pace of play but at least no one was playing behind us.

Greens appaling!

Have played Brandon wood on a number of occasions and have mostly enjoyed the course but on this occasion I was absolutely appalled at the state of the greens (or browns!). Most have not been watered for some time so most of the greens have turned brown. Also they have slit scarified the greens for some unknown reason so on a number of greens there are large open slits that make putting almost impossible. The course is lovely but the dreadful state of the greens made it a most disappointing game and I will not be back soon. As a footnote spoke to two members in the car park who told me that the green-keeper has recently been sacked - not surprised!!!

The Greens

Good course layout, could do with some investment to make it a quality venue.

Very poor greens, cracked & contaminated, fairways needed cutting down.

Awful condition

With fairway grass being as long as rough on other courses, grass on the greens as long as fairways, hollowtining that has made greens look like a cricket square, old hole positions clearly visible and raised and bunkers in woeful condition, even £7 was not value for money.

Other golfers in vests, throwing old ball cartridges on the floor and with no etiquette.

This should have come with a disclaimer, that although cheap, its not a proper round of golf.

I enjoyed

Great course Good challenge friendly staff very helpful. Definitely going again. Thinking about membership.

We were in a tee queue

At our tee off time 1218 we were behind two groups of 3 and a single golfer.

So 20 minutes after our tee off time we were off ,45 minutes for 3holes got to know the young gent in front of us ,nice guy.

Allowed to play through theThreesome in front of myself and my son ,while they drank their cans of lager,,!!

At the 13th we met the first threesome.

We played this hole and decided to go to the 18th,as did the single player,as by this time 1600 we had had enough and called it a day.and went for a beer!,

Shame but we could not get into our game with no continuity from hole to hole.

Not good!,

and decided to

Enjoyable course

I think there are some harsh reviews of this course. The course overall was really enjoyable to play but could do with some water on the greens. Just becarful at the 9th hole as it is very close to the 12th.

this course is fair and peaceful

We had very pleasant round greens were holding, some greens a bit wooly but on whole very pleased.

Coventry, Coventry