Brean Golf Club

White 70 5812 yards
Yellow 70 5405 yards
Red (W) 71 4851 yards
Scorecard for Brean Golf Club
White M: 66.2/111 278 161 410 156 392 421 138 317 290 2563 312 322 604 277 155 374 425 187 465 3121 5684
Yellow M: 63.1/105 W: 66.1/111 272 155 388 141 336 343 133 309 287 2364 298 316 501 241 150 332 416 173 450 2877 5241
Red W: 65.9/107 267 148 325 101 311 337 109 300 267 2165 279 315 430 212 141 253 360 134 369 2493 4658

Year Built 1973

enough challenge

enjoyed playing the course. The staff were chatty from pro shop and bar afterwards. The course has enough challenge and was in good condition

brean g.c

played today and considering were in the middle of a heatwave course in good condition . H ave played this course a few times and like it because its nice and flat

Needs work

Played on a hot summers day and everything was parched. Greens need a lot of care and tees were very ragged. Hit at least two good drives down the middle of fairways only to find my ball in unmarked ditches.

New clubhouse being built so should mean more care of the course once finished.

Interesting if frustrating course

First time playing this course was difficult due to water hazards and little advance warning so good drives down the fairways ended in streams. Greens in serious need of care and tees in poor condition. New clubhouse looks good as current buildings very run down. Friendly atmosphere.

Pace of play

I will say firstly the staff were lovely and this no way effects them. However I won't be returning to this golf course. The course condition was average at best I know it's winter but I have seen courses around the area in much better condition. The pace of play was awful we had a four ball Infront of us that spent so long over every shot, they eventually split into 2 separate 2 balls so we had to wait for them to tee off separately after about 4 holes. What didn't help was the 2 ball Infront of us were extremely slow at one point they spent 10 minutes deciding if they could hit a ball out of the tree and back into the fairway. This just killed the round for us as it took is nearly 3 hours to do the front 9, luckily they went off after the 12th and we got the remaining holes done in good time. This was the biggest effect for us the extremely slow play and the fact they would not let us play thro no matter how many times we caught them up. I won't be visiting this golf course again, but as I said the staff were lovely just the course was a let down for conditions and the pace of play was terrible.

Great staff disappointing course

A thinking course

The course is very flat with hardly a bump except the greens. The course is crisscrossed with drainage ditches making most holes precarious, you have to know your club ranges and choose to take on the water or lay up. Fairways are side by side so quite forgiving but plenty of OB areas to reward accuracy. There was a club competition on the day so pace was slow, but normally you don't have much waiting around. Be aware you will be asked to pay £3 parking as the course shares an entrance to Brean leisure park but the Pro shop will refund this.

Brean golf course

Basic course I've seen better buggies in the flinstones

tricky

well laid out much better than original layout. but beware when the wind blows as this protects this short course extremely well. plenty of hazards for that errant shot! definitely a course you need to plot your way around. well worth a visit

Lovely course

What a lovely course and friendly staff and the scouse lady in the bar was lovely and accommodating couldn't have picked a better course to finish my holiday top marks

Surprising

Initial reaction was not supported by round. A challenge to play, accuracy vital, a thinking mans course. Well worth a visit.

When improvements completed l think this course will be in demand

Testing course

We played today and found the course in excellent condition however with a strong wind it proved to be particularly tough and enjoyable

Whilst not the longest, it is well laid out with water and bunkers waiting any errant shots

An excellent days golf and highly recommended

Burnham-on-Sea, Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge