Bridlington Links Golf & Leisure Estate - Short Course

"Not as advertised"

t1798958927's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

Beware if looking to book to play here, this IS NOT Bridlington 18-hole course as it appears on the website. This is essentially a 9-hole par three 'practice area' adjacent to the driving range at Bridlington Links golf club. It is adjacent to the main 18-hole course and part of an overall leisure complex including holiday lodges on one side and the main course, clubhouse and Pro shop on the other.

I believed from the information on the teeofftimes website that I had booked for me and my 13-year old son to play the main 18-hole links course. On arrival we learned from the pro that the booking was actually not for the main 18-hole course but was for an adjacent par 3 course. The Pro also explained that we were one of a number of parties who had done this and that he had pointed this out to have this rectified so other golfers would not book thinking they were playing the main 18-hole course. I would like to say that the Pro was very apologetic and helpful. Offering to defer our payment against a future booking for the main course, which at the time was fully booked so we were unable to play. The Pro suggested that we might like to try the par 3 course anyway because it was a good test for your short game. We decided to give it a try as we were on holiday in the area and had travelled 40 minutes to get there.

In all this par 3 course turned out to be what could only be described as a rough and ready extended practice area. There were no hole numbers or tee directions, hence users were moving randomly around the area disrupting the progress of others (probably not their fault). The greens were awful some with rabbit scrapings and there were no designated tee boxes or markers on some holes.

In all I would suggest avoiding this 9-hole par 3 practice area unless you want to do some very basic short game practice. The greens will do nothing for your putting. The club would do well to remove this course from there teeofftimes listings so that future golfers don't book in error in the way that both me and apparently others have done.

Course Layout: Poor