Style Links
Rating N/A
Bude & North Cornwall Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1891
Architect Tom Dunn (1891)

Carts Yes - GBP 22

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities

Really enioyed the course

Looking forward to coming again, maybe in better weather. Course has a good variety of holes, greens were good. Overall a very fair and enjoyable test of golf

Quirky links course in good condition

To get the best out of this course you need to play it a few times as there are many blind shots on both drives and entries to greens. You also have to be very aware of multiple footpaths across the course. Even in October the greens were good and the course dry. As a 2 ball on a Sunday following various groups of members we found the pace of play very good and were round in 3.5 hours.

Hard work

Very slow game a very tight course and there are people everywhere on the fairways from different holes at one point about to tee off and 7 people on our fairway not playing that hole ! was OK but not my cup of tea unfortunately

Very interesting course

Nice course. Playable through the year. . Friendly staff. . Will play again.

Well worth a knock!

Played on a lovely day which helps but really enjoyed this course. Quite a view blind shots but really interesting layout and in very good condition. By no means one of the top courses but for £22 compared to £100 you can’t beat the value for money.

Quirky and interesting

We played on 11th & 13th August. The first round was difficult as we did not know the course the mist came in - when we played the 150 yard par 3 (8th hole) we could not see the green. In addition to the mist there are s few blind shots. The course is also tight in a number of places. The greens were difficult to read but absolutely true and reasonably quick.
On the 2nd visit we were more familiar with the course and it was gloriously sunny with a cooling breeze. The course was more enjoyable and I 3 putted less often.
Overall summary is the course was enjoyable, interesting and a challenge.
The professional staff were very helpful. In the bar we found good beer, food and friendly staff.
I would play the course again.

Addition to my original review - WARNING

This is an additional comment to my previous review as I was stung with a £60 parking fine in the club car park.
When we played on the Tuesday, 11 August I noticed signs about the car park being monitored; however, I didn't see any machines to make a payment nor did the professional mention anything when I signed in.
On the 13th a different person in the pro shop mentioned that I had to enter my car details into a table on a table around the corner - which I did do.
Upon return from our holiday I received a notice of the parking penalty (£60 if I pay within 14 days or £100). My appeal has been rejected.
So my advice is "MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR CAR DETAILS" if you use the club car park.

RedMas & Cornwall GolfTour

A truly challenging but fair coarse with blind pin shots very challenging, for new golfer visitors. Great to meet Andrew ‘Club Captain who like the staff being The Pro, Harriet & James were really friendly, welcoming & helpful’. Great value & we we will return

Sally

Excellent reception staff who described the course and made us very welcome. Play started on time and kept a good place. We followed a roll up of locals so were just able to find the course. Several holes were crisscrossing each other which was very confusing at times. There were also a couple of public footpaths crossing the fairways so play was obviously delayed at times. Blind shots with guides were a common cause for lost balls so quite a challenge for a relative beginner. Sea views enjoyable.

always enjoyable

Game spoilt by the awful weather, which was not forecast. Some bad wet patches, but overall good, green were excellent and fairly fast, for this horrendous wet winter.
Friendly staff and specials board for food, which we happy with, and felt good value.
Have played numerous times before, so appreciate where I should be hitting the ball, with a lot of blind shots to fairways and greens.......I love links golf, so always enjoy my visits here. Worth a visit if you haven’t been before......you may want to play again having got your bearings on the blind holes.

Brilliant winter course

Couldnt fault the bude experience pro was friendly course was In great condition considering the time of year and greens were excellent will definitely return soon.

Superb links course

Great course, fantastic greens, everything you want from a true links golf course. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Played the course a few times now gets better every time as it takes a little getting used to. Hidden gem! Highly recommended to everyone.

Superb links.

Great course fantastic greens great test! Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Played a few times now and will definitely be back. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it really is superb. Always in such great condition. Would highly recommend to everyone. True links golf!!

Compressed and slightly dangerous

The course is squeezed into a small area and there are also several public footpaths through it. Consequently you had to be very alert of who was around and quite accurate with your shots. Several approaches to greens were blind so as a first time player there it was a bit of a guessing game. Unfortunately we were following a society who were quite slow and wayward which always detracts from your round. Course condition was good and greens were quick and true.

Good winter course

Course was in in fine condition especially bearing in mind the recent wet weather. No temporary greens or tees. It’s a testing course with many blind crests leading so many hit and hope shots and also several overhit shots to greens. A few minor roads to cross and we had a few nervy tee shots where traffic, parked cars and terraced houses are very hittable. For us, a good winter course at a great price.

Superb Links.

My second Visit to Bude GC. And it won.t be my last. A truly Challenging Links. A good selection of holes. Greens were exellent. Club house was Welcoming & the Pro was most helpful. Looking forward to a return visit.

Course condition excellent

Always a friendly greeting when you arrive and the course in excellent condition ideal especially for winter golf

Grassy knolls & dunes

At first glance it looks flat and featureless, however there are dangers blind holes hidden bunkers, tough undulating greens, a gentle putt can leave you yards past the hole. So my advice is, 'take care', respect the course, an old cliche but " think before you act" might be the difference between a good card and it being not so good.

Bude, Bude-Stratton