View of the 17th green at Buxton & High Peak Golf Club

Year Built 1887

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Buxton High Peak

Course in great condition, greens very true and fast, if the golf is not going so well, then the scenery is stunning

The course was in superb condition and the views were wonderful. Very good value for money.

Great course and service

We arrived early due to changed family circumstances. We explained this to Pro who accommodated our request. Course is a good test as it was the first time we played the course score wasn’t great but learnt a lot, so would definitely play again.

Thanks for a wonderful round of golf

Nice course with great views. Greens in excellent condition.

Not Impressed

Having teed off at 09:30, one would expect any work that needs to be done to the greens to be completed. However, they were covered in sand and small stones making putting impossible. Having played 14 holes they were getting cleared of MOST of the debris making putting less arduous. Any greens work should be completed by this time in my opinion seeing as though putting is a massive, if not the most important, part of golf. Overall looked a decent course just let down by the variability of the greens. Will be asking for a refund.

Challenging, interesting test in excellent condition

Our 2nd round in 3 weeks, initial positive impression confirmed second time around. There are some holes which evoke seaside links golf, some more parkland oriented, and varied par 3'a which present different challenges. Greens are in good condition given current virus circumstances, fairways well tended and defined. We will definitely be back.

Excellent Service and Course

Hadn't played this course before and was plesently suprised at the conditions as we had seen a lot of water over the weekend after a couple of weeks drought.

The reason I'm writing this review is due to the staff though. On Friday my playing partner thought he coukdnt make the tee time and as I'd paid at booking a few weeks back thought I aould lose my money. The staff were very accommodating and assured me all would be fine with the booking, very understanding of the situation. As it happens, my partner could make the tee and although my original slot had now been taken ( Understandably) I was given the go ahead to tee off 10 mins before.

The members were very friendly on the day also and the overall atmosphere was great even if the weather wasn't.

Overall, a great service and a very good course

A links course in the countryside.

I play here now & again & it is a lovely, interesting course to play. Some holes a lot harder than others, some undulating & some flatter. Having been a quarry in years past it adds to the difficulty of some holes, but more enjoyable due to the undulations. You have to lay up on some with your Tee shots to avoid the craters, which makes it more interesting than just smashing your driver down a straight fairway.

The staff are friendly, & I would definitely recommend playing this course if you want to try something different.

Dosent get any easier !!!

Course getting back to it's best,always enjoy around hear testing but gives you chances to score well,always a friendly welcome and look forward to returning .

Great Challenge

I had a couple of golfing mates say they didn’t fancy High Peak due to the road running through it and the perception it is a little bit featureless. I grew up playing Cavendish the other course in Buxton but still love High Peak too. It’s a great challenge the holes are varied if not overlong and it’s a really good test of all of your game. Staff and prices are very good and all the greens are in top nick. Give it a go you won’t be disappointed.

First time visit

Just played Buxton would highly recommend you to play this course very interesting layout and every hole has something to make you think.
Will definitely play here again .

My opinion

The course was in fine condition, fairways and greens. Hardly anybody on couldn’t believe it, great round of golf.

1st of many visits

1st time here, greeted by a friendly staff member at club house who gave us a quick and useful description of the course. Plays like a Links for 1st few holes then more parkland later on.
Course in great condition, tricky with well placed bunkers around the greens. Looking forward to our next visit especially now I know the course now.

Hidden Gem

Booked a tee off time through golfnow, unfortunately smack bang in the middle of 2 large societies, however upon arrival the staff member in the shop worked his logistical magic and put us off the 11th hole. As a two ball we flew round without any delays and finished on the 10th.
Great course, great weather and will definitely play here again.

Fabulous scenery/ quirky course

Course in great condition, would recommend this golf course to all my friends . There are a few small quarry areas you have to watch for.

A gem

17 pound for a 8:30 Saturday morning tee I wasn't expecting the best,but I was very wrong this course is extremely well looked after
From the fairways to the greens it was perfect. The greens were very well rolled and fast. This is a tricky course for a first time visitor with plenty of blind drives to the greens but with risk comes reward and I really enjoyed the challenge of it all. The members were really welcoming and courtious which was a pleasant surprise as many courses I've played you're lucky to get a hello. I cant wait to play this course again so do yourself a favour and get it booked.

slightly underlating course

some holes driving blind to marker post.a lot of grassy hillocks to the left and right of fairway not seen from tee. greens difficult to read. this is a course you have to play more than once to get to know vagarious of it. no meals at all just coffee machine.dont let this review put you off it is a nice course.

Greens were best I've seen them here

Best I've seen these greens they were fast and true.

Enjoyable visit to club

We played the course in really testing conditions, strong winds and heavy rain - would like to play it again on a calmer day.
Due to the weather we were the only people playing the course and despite the conditions, and occasionally having to look for lost balls, we got round in 3 hours.
Not a long course but great lay out and very challenging.
The pro was very helpful and provided us with a hot drink post round and spent some time chatting with us about the club/history etc.
Despite the weather, had an enjoyable visit to the club.

Inland Links Course!!

First visit, but it will not be the last. Love the course which felt like an inland links on a number of holes, which are extremely varied. Many holes contain blind tee shots, so if you are not driving straight, you could find penal rough. Hidden greens prevail, but what I liked most is the different, in a good way, feel of this course, which, is so unlike many of the others I have played.

Buxton, High Peak