Learn more about becoming a member at
Carden Park - Nicklaus Course

Style Parkland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1998
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1998) Steve Nicklaus (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Carden Park Golf Academy"

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Nicolas course

Picked this course to play based on the reviews and the fact that the twilight cost was very reasonable . The check in was great and we used the driving range to warm up. We had a buggy which I would recommend, we picked one because of the weather but I was pleased as the driving range is a good walk from the 1st Tee and there are also some long walks between tee's. The course set up is good and makes you think about shots. The course condition wasn't great, I know we have had very warm weather but the greens were quite slow and the fairways hadn't been cut. There was also large stones in the bunkers so beware. Saying all that we had a great day and would recommend for the twilight price, I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.

Not as good as the Cheshire

That title seems really unfair and I feel slightly guilty for saying it; but it's true.

The course is great, the 2nd cut rough is a golf ball hiding monster. That being said I only lost one to the mischievous growth.

The fairways are wider than the Cheshire and there are more strategic bunkers throughout. Apparently, the reasons and requirements for a championship award.

It felt long, very long, my feet were aching by by the end of it, trolley not carrying, similar length to the Cheshire but I never felt that tired playing the other course.

Some great features, the 17th over the water and I think the 6th with a similar angle of attack. Other than those two, nothing really exciting.

I wanted to love the Nicklaus, I've been looking forward to playing it for months. Sadly I feel let down and I hate myself for thinking it, even more for typing it. I wanted it to be so much more, after playing the Cheshire my expectations were at 100,000 ft.

My top tip: Ignore the yellow tees and play off the whites; it's too short otherwise and offers no challenge at all.

Play it as a bucket list and immediately play the Cheshire to wash your sins away.

Enjoy, try and love it, take it in and then appreciate it for what it is and the man who designed it.

HCP: 28
Strokes: 94

Heard great things about the course

First time to play the course and whilst it was a great course to play the layout let's it down somewhat. Some of the walks between the holes are ridiculous. About a 500 yard walk between 14 and 15 and the same to the 16th. Very tiring if you are walking so a buggy is recommended but they are very expensive so you feel they exploit this at the club. We teed off at 14.30 and got to the halfway house about 45 minutes later but it was closed..no mention of this in the pro shop beforehand. Very poor indeed from the club.

Excellent

Fairly short course but makes you think a lot ! It was in great condition with the greens running smooth. Couldn't fault anything, it has everything you'd expect from a top Cheshire course and all the facilities are excellent.

The Cheshire course

First booked to play the Nicklaus course on line but got a call saying it was booked up so had to play the Cheshire, all booked in but there were people on the first tee with the same tee time, after a bit of sorting managed to get off on time, enjoyed the golf

Very lucky to have had brilliant weather. The course was in really good condition. The greens were quick but true.
Have played here several times and will be playing again.

Very Accomodative

Enjoyed my round at cardnw park with my friend. We were double booked with a society but Carden Park put our interests first. They said they would be happy for us to start later on to be Infront, offering a half price buggy. This meant our round was free flowing and the course was in great condition as always.

Great course, but long walk

Great course and almost just to ourselves today, very wet in places but then it is January. However course and most of the greens were in good condition, some had been scarifyed but were still playable. Obviously a course designed for using a buggy as some greens to the next tee are a fair hike. Overall a good course and will definitely return later in the year.

Nicklaus Course

Fantastic course and layout, lots of different ways to play each hole. Greens are fantastic. I felt like Dick Turpin only paying £20 to play a course in such condition. Would recommend to any one you will not be disappointed.

Great afternoons Golf

Interesting course with dog legs right and left. You need to manage your way around at times, which requires more sense than accuracy but still challenging. Don't be fooled by the low yardage. Felt like a good walk, with good mix of par 3's, 4's and 5's well distributed.
17th is a lovely hole, though the draw to the water on the left is hard to keep out of your mind.
Greens in great shape for last weekend of October, as was the rest of the course.

Good Challenge but playable for all levels.

Played on a breezy day in October but tees, fairways, greens and bunkers in great condition. All the holes are of interest but I particularly like the way you need to plan your way around the course - driver not always needed on Par 4s & 5s - good example being the 7th, a 5 iron followed by a 7 iron had me in the middle of the green. The 15th is SI 1 and you have a split fairway, for me it's right hand side with a 19deg hybrid leaving 9 iron to the green and walk off with a par - every time. This leaves the last 3 finishing holes which I particularly like. I walked the course which I prefer but the walk up the 18th and then to the clubhouse had me blowing. Friendly staff and good facilities, well worth a visit as is the Cheshire Course - enjoy.

challenging course

great greens fairways good, many hazards in strategic places ,Need to play course a few times for good scores ,Disapointed halfway house was shut as we were told by staff it would be open to git something to eat..spoilt day out

Chester, Cheshire West and Chester