Chapel-en-le-Frith Golf Club

White 72 6434 yards
Yellow 72 6134 yards
Red 73 5499 yards
Scorecard for Chapel-en-le-Frith Golf Club
White M: 70.7/121 367 547 364 320 400 189 324 486 128 3125 359 423 531 177 289 161 450 402 517 3309 6434
Yellow M: 70.0/120 W: 71.7/123 355 539 298 312 390 174 314 499 123 3004 345 369 516 149 284 152 440 392 505 3152 6156
Red W: 67.1/113 311 483 298 272 335 129 276 431 115 2650 274 402 413 145 279 152 390 359 435 2849 5499

Year Built 1905

Carts Yes - GBP 22

Apart from a bit of the the 16th fairway and the 17th fairway the course was in excellent condition. The course has a great layout and some super holes. It was our second visit and we enjoyed even more than our 1st visit.

Enjoyable round

A warm welcome greeted us. We set off early so the course was quiet. All the holes were individual and the course was in good condition, particularly the greens. It’s not too demanding but is nicely laid out and I would definitely recommend particularly as they are so welcoming to visitors.

Lush greens in tough climate.

From the moment I entered the pros shop I was met with a warm welcome and pleasant conversation. Was told to set off any time that suited me as it was quieter at that time.(4:45) on a Sunday.

First class work by all concerned during this very hot and dry spell. The greens were in very good order with the ground staff still working into the evening watering them.

The fairways are a little dry but that is understandable.

Well done all concerned, for having a course you obviously care about.

Very enjoyable.

Watch out for the small print !!

Having played this course endless times, a chance arose to play for the sum of only £17 including booking fee. Bargain I thought. On arrival I was informed that I would be playing alongside two other gentlemen who had booked the “hot deal” time slot. Very amicable gents they were but, because of their on going competitions I became a third wheel . Which upset the flow of my game and possibly theirs as well . Beware the fact that you can and will be put with others which may not suit when booking a hot deal time slot. They slightly aggrieving thing is that nobody was teeing off for 20 mins. after us.

Rather spoiled the experience and shall look to play other courses in future.Pity .

Please no the two gentlemen that played were both good and genuine people and this is not a slight at them!

Chapel en le frith

The course is in excellent condition along with the greens it was a delight to play got round in just over three and a half hours.

After our bad winter I wasn't expecting too much but I have to say that Chapel really impressed me. Their current green staff much put a lot of effort in to get the place this good so early. No puddles anywhere only the occasional soft bit of land. Greens were nice and firm. You have to cross roads around the course but they are quiet so no problems there. There are a few blind tee shots so beware and listen for the bells. A few of the greens are very undulating so if you're in the wrong place chipping on or putting you're gonna need your A game! Tree lines fairways that are nice and wide. The members were nice and friendly. All in all a cracking days golf!!!

1st class course and set up

I and a friend played here on Saturday 7th April after very heavy over night rain and continued rain in the morning.

From arriving at the course to leaving we can not fault anything.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the course was superb. A true test but that little bit where a good shot is rewarded. A course we will be looking to play again soon and a course recommend to anyone. Give it a go and you will not be disappointed. Even take a camera for the views they are stunning

Chapel en le Frith

Scenic location. Course was not long so played off the white tees. Every hole was different which was pleasing. Overall not a bad course and very friendly

Played the course a few times well kept fast greens some fairways can be challenge water hazards . Dog legs great course would strongly recommend it . I will be going back again great day out good value for money

Well kept course

The course was in good condition with a decent pace of play. The one thing we was hoping for was a bacon sandwich before tee'd off but they wasn't any food on, not sure if that's a regular thing or just a 1 off. Still worth a play and I'm sure I'll be back some time soon

Good course

A good course in excellent condition, lengthy, challenging without being soul destroying. Greens in perfect condition with some challenging pin placements. Lovely views.

Great setting

A very nice course in a great setting with lovely view of hills. We complained at the start about the buggy and were told it was the visitors buggy. There was a tear in the seat, it was rusty at the front and the front tyres were bald. After a while the lady who greeted us did agree to see if she could get another buggy as we were concerned about safety. We ended up with a good buggy and enjoyed our round, very relaxing.

Excellent course

Played in late March course in excellent condition

Greens immaculate

Nice and flat with lots of variety

Buxton, High Peak