Style Parkland
Rating N/A
Chartridge Park Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1990

Dress code Jeans are not allowed, golf shoes must be worn and short are allowed with white socks only.

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

Golf now - don't pair people up without telling

Got there early to be told that golf now had paired up my two ball with another two ball. Unfortunately they never mentioned this when I was booking. Not cool golfnow! However, the gentleman at reception at Chartridge Park was friendly and efficient and told us to go out as soon as we were ready. The two nines have swapped recently - the 1st is a par 4 and the 10th a par 3. I hadn't been there for a while and proceeded to start off what I thought was the 1st but is now the 10th. Got round anyway. Members all friendly, nice clubhouse with easy ordering system to deal with covid. Course is ok, short but a couple of tricky holes. Greens very good for time of year. Staff at the club are nice and friendly. Would go back there again.

Nice Course

The course is nice, not a long course, but a variety of holes, it seems a nice and friendly club, as one of the members in front, was always helpful when a little lost trying to find the next hole! It is not a course where you can just get out your driver on the par 4's some of them are quite short but equally, they provide challenges and you have to think about the placement of your tee shot. I enjoyed the course and the condition was very good. I would definitely play it again.

Good and Bad points

Initially impressive with plenty of warmup facilities available before tee off. Annoyingly the popular GPS app I use had a different hole layout to what it actually plays, this is more likely something the app needs to update. Starting off it was clear in front of us and we made good progress for five or six holes when suddenly a two ball appeared in front of us and we’re spending a lot of time looking for balls and on the greens. We slowed our pace but a little later the 2 ball became a 4 ball which was even slower.
Course condition was pretty good although we were plagued by grounds staff for at least 8 holes occasionally stopping to let us play our tee shots without the sound of the mower but for most left it running or continued mowing. 50% of tees were of a good standard, fairways good and greens good condition and a mixture of fast and slow.
Course was a good challenge but wouldn’t recommend for beginners. We paid £27 for the round which I personally think is a little above what it should be as other better courses you can play for £5-£6 cheaper.

Best greens I’ve played on all year

Decided to book a last minute round after finishing work early in the local area. Did not disappoint the course is quite tight in some parts open in others.
It’s a good test.

I must say though shout out to the greenkeepers though. The conditions of the greens were near immaculate. They rolled fantastic. Best greens I’ve played on this year.

Will definitely return for another round

A thinking mans golf course. Although it’s not very long off the yellow tees the emphasis is on getting into position, especially on the front nine.
It’s the kind of course you need to play more than once to get to grips with it as there are a few blind shots.
I will most definitely be returning. It’s a great test and a very friendly clubhouse

Beautiful Setting

Course was in very good condition, some holes were challenging, par 3's were very achievable. We were unlucky to be behind a mixed four ball who were not very good, so had to wait on all but a couple of tees, but overall thoroughly enjoyed the course.

Anonymous

A good golfing test

Lovely course with some interesting holes and challenging greens. Tee boxes were not in great condition but the rest of the course was in good nick despite the lack of rain in recent weeks.

Course in great condition considering weather

The course was in great condition, particularly the greens when you take into account the amount of rain that had fallen. We switched from playing alternative courses which were either closed or had temporary greens.

My only complaint was the speed of the people in front of us who lost two holes on the group of them but didn't ever invite us to play through and so we weren't able to complete 18.

Tom Plunkett

Really enjoyable golf course. In excellent condition greens are fabulous the food is excellent. Definitely will return very soon

first time

brilliant course varied hols..first 4 or 5 all open and then it narrows for the next 6/7..greens were immaculate at this time of year..on the upside the bacon baguette was top notch also defo be back playing this course

Ley Hill, Chiltern