Buffalo Creek Golf Club
Back 71 6499 yards 71.0 125
Middle 71 5863 yards 68.1 116
Forward (W) 71 5209 yards 69.6 120
Scorecard for Buffalo Creek
Gold M: 73.7/127 408 435 572 227 347 478 397 156 450 3470 430 378 196 352 523 466 611 171 481 3608 7078
Blue M: 71.0/125 383 410 534 195 328 440 357 128 386 3161 408 348 170 330 500 427 551 146 458 3338 6499
White M: 68.1/116 W: 73.7/129 350 366 489 167 307 407 306 119 325 2836 369 300 141 308 467 391 484 126 441 3027 5863
Green M: 65.2/108 W: 69.6/120 298 313 451 141 253 368 270 103 291 2488 336 264 102 284 428 350 445 105 407 2721 5209

Year Built 1992
Architect Tom Weiskopf (1992) Jay Morrish (1992)

Caddies Yes

Entertaining Clients 8

Good to be back

Last time I played this course was 10 years ago and I was impressed. Happy to say it is the same interesting, well maintained course I remembered. Nice rolling terrain. Challenging but not a discouraging, ball-eating monster. Among the 8!or 9 courses in and around Rockwall, Buffalo Creek is my favorite!

Day after the 4th

The course is in good shape. Nice layout. The sides of the fairways and greens have thick grass and I lost several balls. I would have given the course a better rating but the bunkers are not playable. The rain has had a big impact on the bunkers. Good course.

Nice layout

I played this course a few years ago in a USGA Qualifier and it was in awesome shape. Played it this time and it seem like the staff had no direction. Bunkers were unplayable. Grass has grown and rocks exposed. The rough around greens not mown in places. Lost a couple balls just off green side rough.

Good, not great

A great design brought down by limited maintenance and upkeep. Sand traps were just mud bowls that gave no appearance of any attempt at maintenance. Concrete cart paths were cracked and broken. The rough was so high and unkempt that it looked like the course was on a restricted mowing schedule. Pro shop was filled with excess and obsolete inventories of logo shirts from other golf courses. Overall, it gave the appearance of a course being managed by a group on a downward spiral. But people were still out there playing, and I’ll return for the design. At least the greens and fairways were in decent condition.

Traps.

The fairways and greens are in excellent condition. The bunkers for the most part are unplayable. It was probably just because of all of the rain we have had.

Great course layout.

Great course layout. Terrible condition! Tee boxes were shaggy and not mowed in what looks to be weeks. Bunkers hadn't been maintained in months.....washed out with weeds growing in them.

Faded Beauty

Returning to play Buffalo Creek for the first time in several years was like rekindling an old romance. It was easy to see why I fell in love to begin with, but it was also easy to see the effects of the passage of time. Cart paths crumbled, cracked and broken. Sand traps that looked like mud pits or craters of the moon. Bermuda greens interlaced with invasive native grasses. I’ll keep coming back, but will lament the effects of age. With a good facelift, the course could be beautiful again.

Greens in good shape, fun course.

Compared with most courses in the area that I've played this year, the greens were in great shape. The traps were all washed out from the rains and were unplayable. I enjoyed the layout and the beautiful homes surrounding the course.

Going downhill

I have been a fan of this track for years. This is the first time I have played it in a while and I was shocked at the deterioration of this once gem just east of Dallas.

My friend and I played as a two some and were expecting wet conditions as it had rained heavily the day prior. Cart path only, no worries. What did worry us was the overall condition of the entire facility.

The once pro shop is now under some sort of construction and closed from what we can tell.

Range was closed - maybe to be expected - or maybe just lack of resources

Course itself - fairways were good enough. Greens and bunkers where borderline unplayable. Weed infestation on greens. Bunkers UN-kept. Overall pretty bad shape.

Maybe its weather related, maybe its just lack of money being put into the course. But regardless I want everyone to know if you are ok with paying $50 for a course not in very good condition then knock yourself out.

Remodeling

For the most part the greens were in good shape but the traps were horrible. They were very hard and tough to play off. Luckily I only landed in 2 of them. They are remodeling the clubhouse and even though this is temporary it sucks to not have food or beer while playing. I will definitely be back but I’m gonna wait awhile.

Under repair

I know that it is technically still winter and the weather has been up and down here in the Dallas area, but there are course in the same area that are in much better shape. This course almost doesn't seem to care much for maintenance during the winter which is a shame. The layout is fun, the design makes you play golf instead of just bombing it on every hole. However, the ground on the teeboxes is very sporadic, the bunkers are unplayable, and fairways are very thin. Hopefully spring does much for this course because I would like to play it when it is in good shape. They are remodeling the clubhouse/proshop so food/beverage wasn't also very subpar.

Pace of play was horrible

35-40 minutes a hole was not ok. Neither was people hitting 2 plus balls in front of us off the tees. Also we only got through 9 holes at 6 and couldn't get a rain check or a refund for the 4 people with 9 holes left.

Great course. Looking forward to another round.

Course was in great shape. It was somewhat challenging for my handicap (20), but taking smart routes and good course management would have saved a lot of stokes for me personally. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I was a single behind a threesome the whole time but the pass was not at all a bother. I will be visiting this course again in the future.

This place isn’t what it used to be

Pace of play was horrendous. Group in front had a 2-3 hole gap in front of them and we asked the Marshall several times to speed them up to no avail. To make it worse group behind us hit into us twice because it was so slow ( on purpose)

Greens were a little rough and the bunkers look as if they haven’t been kept up for a year or more.

Not sure I’ll wver spend another dime playing here

A great little track.

Buffalo Creek is a course worth the drive for the people of Dallas. The only issue I had with the course is a lack of sand in the traps. The greens were in great shape, and rough around the greens cut for challenging chip shots. If you don’t mind the drive, this is a great course for the beginner to the pro.

This course has no cart girls!

Not one time in a 5 hour round did we see a beverage cart! This course could have gotten a lot more money out of our group had there been one!

Poor value

Practice greens we're in poor condition, unable to use to gauge course greens
Sand traps are worst that I have ever seen. They have not been maintained in what appears to be years.
Greens were manageable, just slow.
Tee boxes and fairways were reasonably maintained. Rough was thick and challenging.
I was unable to book my tee time online through your website and the person in the clubhouse checking people in would not honor the online price that you had posted. I had to go to another site to book my tee time.
I will not play this course again until the condition of the course is significantly improved. There is no way that the regular price should be $49 to play golf in this condition. There are so many courses in the DFW area that are in much better condition and cost less.

Buffalo Creek

The course is in great shape with the exception on the bunkers, they had no sand in them.

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020