Buffalo Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Tom Weiskopf (1992) Jay Morrish (1992)

Caddies Yes

Snacks

Entertaining Clients 8

Becoming our Favorite

Second time to play this course and we loved it as much the second time. The layout is interesting and challenging. The course is in very good shape, Greens are challenging. Can't wait for it to green up a little. Will be beautiful. Have to say the women's tee boxes are placed in such a way, that many times my husband and I land our drives in the same area. It makes for a very fun round as a couple. The pace of play was wonderful for a Saturday especially, until we ran up on a group of 6 on the 16th hole. A marshal should of handled that. One last thing, the cart girl is seen every few holes. Nice to have if you like that kind of thing.

Loved this course

Played the lowest score in years! It is challenging but so fun! Felt very confident as we played hole after hole with a very sweet couple of guys they [pared us with! The practice facility is awesome. Had a great club sandwich before we teed off! The working in the kitchen was way overwhelmed and we spotted her sweet manager hanging out with golfers vs coming to her aid. She remained sweet as she tried to manage the crowd. Will totally play this course again. It's kind of wide open but the greens are a little tricky making for a fun round!!!

Coming Back

I played this course over a year ago and was not happy with the conditions of the course. Someone we played with at a previous round at another course told us it was in great shape and things had changed. We gave the course another try and was really pleased with the course condition and the place of play on a Sunday afternoon. We'll be back!

Buffalo Creek is back

Let me start off by saying this was an overall great experience. I played here 4 years ago and just didn’t understand the hype or the price, lackluster at best. They’ve undergone some management changes, and now the course is in great shape. Fairways and rough were well maintained, greens were super fast and in great shape, sand traps all had fresh loose sand. Cart girls came around at least 6 times throughout our round. The course has a challenging, but not unmanageable layout. You definitely have to think through most shots. We played a Sunday afternoon and there was nobody in front or behind so pace of play was excellent. Staff was all very friendly, we’ll definitely be back.

Very fun layout

Great condition, super fun, fairways are sometimes hard to hit and it helps to pick the right club

Awesome Course

Had a blast. Pro shop didn’t give me the discount for using GolfNow though, which was disappointing. Overall, beautiful course!

Buffalo is Back!

New management and now things are back to being great at Buffalo Creek. New carts, more staff, new sand in bunkers, smooth greens...yep, things are back..

Great Course, great round

Course is in amazing shape. Greens were moderate speed, rolled true, and held approach and chips well. Fairways were tightly mowed with no hard or dead patches. Rough was thick but cut to a manageable length so you didn’t lose your ball with a wayward tee shot. Bunker sand was too fluffy and soft for my liking, and you’d sink about 3-4 inches with every step near the edges of the bunkers. Tee boxes could use some love and leveling. Course was challenging and fun from the Blue tees. Will definitely be back.

Great Course and Great Round

Was a little concerned after reading some reviews, but decided to give this course a try. I was not disappointed. The course is in excellent shape, and I don’t understand why tee times aren’t booked up solid. Greens are in great shape, fast but not lightning fast, roll true, and hold approach and chip shots. Fairways were in excellent shape with no dead patches despite the Texas heat. Rough was thick but mowed to a manageable height so you didn’t lose your ball with a wayward tee shot. Bunker sand was super soft and fluffy, and made it difficult to get a good stable stance. Tee boxes need to be leveled, but that would be my only course complaint. Course is a challenge for any golfer. I played the Blue tees and still shot in the 80s. Amenities are a little lacking, but the course is going through a management change. I will definitely be back.

New Management Makes a Difference

I’ve always liked this course, but over the last few years American Golf let it get run down and seemed very disinterested in their customers having a good experience. I played yesterday and the turnaround is remarkable. Course conditions are much improved with tees, fairways and greens all in great shape. Out of bounds is a bit of a mess, but as the greens keeper told me, “we have a lot of catching up to do “. I’m impressed with what they’ve accomplished already. New carts, new friendly staff who seem to genuinely want you to enjoy your outing. Sand in the bunkers for the first time in 3 years. For a change the snack bar was open and there actually was a beverage cart on the course on a Tuesday,. Best of all, the rates have not caught up with the course improvements yet. I plan to play there again tomorrow and as often as I can. My thanks to the Perry family for working to restore this course to its former glory.

Great greens

Great greens bunkers r being repaired can't wait until finished the course will easily be a 4-4+ star course.

Fantastic course, well kept and 7 or 8 cart girl drive-bys!

Really nice course, greens and rough all very well maintained.

Back 9 is definitely a breath of fresh air after a challenging front, but the whole course is definitely playable.

Visiting from out of state

A great surprise. My handicap is 12.6 and this course absolutely Kicked my buns. I shot 96 WOW, course is very fair layout wise. The Greens were in very good condition. They also Kicked me, but again, very fair, held shots well and were slick as could be. Like putting on a “Hardwood floor”.
Overall, I’d highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a great golf experience. Sand traps are being redone and expected to be completed this spring. But not to worry, the creeks and lakes keep you on your toes with your heart in your throat. Giddy-up

Rockwall, Texas