Learn more about becoming a member at
Chesham & Leyhill Golf Club

Type Private
Style Woodland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1900

Dress code Smart, functional golf clothing required. Ladies: sleeveless tops must have a collar, sleeves tops may be collar less. Tee shirts, denim jeans & trainers not permitted. Tailored shorts of reasonable length permitted.

Bar, Catering

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

Shocking

- full of older four balls that took (not exaggerating) about 10 minutes per hole to tee off after their chat. This was going on in the group after us as well.
- no staff around, no scorecards available, no toilets open.
- advertised as an 18 hole but it isn’t. You do the same 9 holes twice.
- our tee off time was 11am so at 10:56 so we thought we might as well start because the group behind us we’re still at the tee off box. Some member (who was t even playing) came up to us and told us we have to wait 4 minutes until 11. So we did, and the group behind us were still at the tee off box - such pettiness.

Please save yourself the hassle and book any other course.

A hidden gem

Played a twilight round on this course and absolutely fell in love with the place - will definitely be back! Good course conditions, but the layout is very peculiar - take a map otherwise you will almost certainly be asking for directions from one hole to the next! A hidden little gem, lovely stuff.

Give this cracking, unspoilt gem of a coarse

Get your negative thoughts about it's only a nine holer. I certainly did after playing it recently. Some interesting, and testing holes. And the greens were in fantastic condition.. And the value at twenty pounds incredible. Well done Chesham and Leyhill.
I'll be returning very soon.

Lovely People

Upon arrival we spoke to a green keeper. during and after we spoke to many other players and also the bar staff. Everyone without exception was extremely friendly and helpful,There was a group of vets. in the car park afterwards and not one of them walked by without stopping and speaking to us and we also had several players on adjacent greens and fairways ask us how were finding the course, The most enjoyable day. The fact that it is a nine hole course that you play twice was not an issue as about 14 or them played from a different tee.

Really good

Really good local course Can’t fault anything.a golf shop would be great but not essential I’d would happily play this course again and again

Pretty and well maintained Heath course

Play this course, it may appear simple but you’ll all of a sudden find little surprises along the way. The 3rd hole is worth the green fee alone with elevated T and a stunning green, in fact all the greens were in very good condition. I’ll play here again, the members were very friendly and helpful and pleased to see others playing their course.

For £12.50 it’s not too bad

This is the first time I’ve played this course. Note it was a 18:30pm tee off. There was some slow play so we only got 16 holes in before dark but that was ok.

The condition of the course:
Tees. Pretty good I’d say. No issues
Fairways. Not great. Patchy. The odd very nice bit that if the whole fairway was the same it would be fantastic.
Greens. Actually pretty good given the fairways.
Rough. It’s woodland. And think hedges. So lost a couple of balls.

Course overall. It’s a woodland type course. And BIG trees are some times in the fairways. Other holes have smaller but still big trees blocking your way off the tees and in the fairways. Strange course. Fairways need a lot more TLC.

3rd hole for me was a cracker. Par 3 down into a valley. 120 yards. Hit a nice pitcher but over the back of the green just. It’s not as far as it looks. Take it easy.

Course has potential. But I would not be happy paying more than £20 in its current condition.

Good course; slow play

Course was in nice condition, fairways and rough were cut, nice greens. However the pace of play was very poor. I've rated this a 2/5 as we eventually had to go around the 4 ball in front from the 12th hole, as they wouldn't let us play through and were very slow.

Would go again on another day to see how it is again and for £12.50 at 6pm, it is good value for money. However I probably wouldn't pay the £20 regular fee as the course is slightly too short and straight.

Hidden treasure in Bucks

I played with my friends Paul, Dai and Phil.
The greens are as good as any in the area. Although there are just 9 greens, the two tee positions on four of the holes make it a varied challenge. The many types of trees and foilage dictate a straight drive and accurate approaches.
Not all holes have bunkers, the grassy knolls at some of them are equal in difficulty. Dai said that it was a good test and Paul commented that as value for money it was 'right up there'.
The Dell (3rd and 12th), is a picturesque signature hole, while Woodpeckers (8th and 17th) is a fine example of parkland golf in the Chilterns.
Our fourball will be meeting there again next week, anticipating more enjoyment.

Hidden parkland gem

I played with another member Phil and my guests Dai and Paul. They were suitably impressed with the course.
Dai said that it offers a good variety of tests for a Course with just nine greens.
Paul said that when it comes to value for money it is right up there.
The short par 3 The Dell is a lovely signature hole and if you look back on The Woodpeckers it ranks with the classic parkland holes in the Bucks /Berks/ Surrey area.
If you haven't played there yet, it's well worth a visit!

Short and fun

A lot of trees on this woodland course. All around you hear people hitting them. And the rough under the trees was very scrubland like and if you go in, dont bother looking for your ball. Nicely kept greens and tees. Fairways decent. My only concern would be that sharing greens between each 9 hole round means a lot of congestion could ensue. Would like to play again and see - probably better during the week than at a weekend

A little gem near Chesham

A great course near Chesham. The layout of this course is excellent with many doglegs and interesting holes. The course was generally in great condition and particularly the greens which clearly were well watered and in great condition. The course marshal was very helpful and polite. A great Lille course and highly recommended. I’ll be back soon.

Interesting course

Played this course for the first time but didn't realise it was only a nine hole course. Greens were not too bad but did have some problems that need time to fix. Good course but do t think it's worth the price they charge

Commented on 06/26/2020

Please note old review. Since this date Chesham & Ley Hill GC have heavily invested in a new drainage system on their greens and Greens are very good now.

Bovingdon, Dacorum