Chester-le-Street Golf Club

White 71 6479 yards
Yellow 71 6186 yards
Red (W) 74 5873 yards
Scorecard for Chester-le-Street Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 273 382 423 510 406 557 176 393 438 3558 306 336 170 379 363 455 192 373 347 2921 6479
Yellow M: 68.2/115 268 373 402 500 391 506 161 366 423 3390 301 316 155 366 350 445 182 352 329 2796 6186
Red W: 71.2/121 268 322 390 490 376 486 149 340 374 3195 301 316 160 306 350 438 135 349 323 2678 5873

Year Built 1908

Never again.

We played 9 holes got to the tenth and a massive backlog it seemed that members were jumping in and causing the chaos so we left. The course itself was terrible fairways cracked and breaking up mud patches all over not a great experience and one I will not return to. Beamish much better.

Good

Course on some holes are being refurbished. But good course

First time in a long time that I've played my hometown course. 9 of us commenced play in an absolute downpour, that has flooded a few greens by the time we reached the 2nd green. Players in the club competition were walking off the course saying the greens were unplayable.

Within moments, the rain stopped, from then on, everything was fine, yes, a few problems with casual water on the greens, but nothing that was unsurmountable.

27 stableford points off a 9 handicap (me) won the day with 8th place coming in at 23 points.

The course is well designed and plays moderately difficult, especially difficult for novice golfers, as proved by our 9th participant who was playing his first round at a 'proper' course, scoring only 8 points from his 18 handicap.

The recent changes have taken away some of the challenges, most notably, the removal of the small copse to the right of the fairway on the 10th, formerly, it used to force you left and more often than not would end up with you having a long 2nd shot from the bottom of the bank because of the fairway falling away from you from right to left, or you'd overcompensate and end up in the heavy rough on the right. Now it's just aim for the flag and a straight shot will keep you on the right side of the fairway, leaving a wedge to the green. Excellent value for money and combined with the hotdeal, we all played for £15 each, definitely one to revisit when we consider where we're going to play next year.

greens very good, course in good condition although one hole was shortened considerably from par 4 to par 3 distance ,not a problem, but no distance on temporary tee box .

Chester Le St

Course was in very good condition, only thing that disappoints me about this course is holes 10-17 you suddenly become anxious about being in the firing line from overhead balls as most fairways are very close to each other.

Hold up at 14 which is common

Overall would recommend

Far too slow

Love playing here normally as it's a fantastic course and very local to me.

However on this occasion it was far to busy as I waited at the 1st for over 25 mins past my tee time as the queue was huge.

Very frustrating as this meant I was late for my work commitments after my round as all the way around course we were all backed up waiting to play most shots due to volume.

Would think again before using unless you have a spare 5/6 hours for a round.

t667809340
Commented On 09/20/2017

Course was in good condition although the pace of play was terrible. I can't understand the Starter / Pro letting single players on the course in the middle of 3 and 4 balls. The first tee and tee off times managed better would make it a more enjoyable place to play.

Well kept course.

Well kept course, great condition and lovely greens. However alot of holes are very similar and too close to other players playing another hole. This been said its a great course but without teeofftimes price it is quite expensive..

Great condition, great layout

Had a round here as never played this course before. Course is in great condition with some challenging holes. Would definitely play here again. One of the best I've played in the north east.

golf day out

1st time at chester le street already booked for the 1st of june played a three ball with adam and paul. green very good as was the fairways little bit windy but not bad really other plays on the course very friendly putting let me down but manage to par the 18th i did feel like seve once again good day all round nice way to spend my 60th birthday

Great Value, great condition

A cracking little Course with some very interesting holes. A good test for all standards of players.

The greens and fairways were in excellent condition.

The only negative was the tee boxes need a little bit of work but overall, very good, really enjoyed the round.

Changes for the better

It's been a good few years since I last played here and was pleasantly surprised with all the changes there has been. Hundreds if not thousands of trees have been removed and new bunkers added, greens ran true and looked nice but lacked pace. Overall course was in great nick will look even better once the grass grows where the trees once were and they finish off the little features, will be playing this course again soon

Beautiful day

The course is immaculate at the minute

One of the best greens I've played on.

Overall great course

Golf

Excellent course in good condition

Played this course a few times now and the course has improved every time I play.

Can't wait to play again

Bank Hol Monday

Course in great condition, very well priced with great views of the castle.

shambles

This course stipulated winter wheels on trolleys which is fair enough, we therefore booked two trolleys with winter wheels the day before. When we turned up we were told the trolleys were not available but we could hire normal trolleys (even though we had perfectly good trolleys which we had not brought). We then turned up to the first tee 10 mins before our tee off time, only to find 16 people in from of us. Seemingly this was the sweep which should have been gone by 10:30. Place is an absolute shambles. We did get a full refund from Teeofftimes.co.uk who were superb.

Chesterlee Street Golf Club

The front nine better than the back nine.

However renovations taking place.

Ground very soggy so would suggest tee times in other seasons other than winter.

Pleasant scenery along river and around Lumley Castle.

Pro Shop well stocked.

Clubhouse ok but no food available after 3pm not even a sandwich.

Hot Deal or Bust

Course wasn't in great shape; and that doesn't even include the work that is being done to some holes. Some very fun and challenging holes that test your abilities! Staff was very friendly and answered all questions we had!

Excellent value for money

We booked an early tee off time and it was just a well we did, it was their open competition day. The club had no issues with us going off before the start of the competition, it was as if we had the course to ourselves, no hold up`s or waiting on any of the tee`s. We would definitely play here again and recommend this course.

It's the second time I have played here.the first was over the winter but thought I would come back and see it in full glory and wasn't disappointed one bit the greens were fantastic. Fairways a little boggy off the deluge of rain the past few days but in all really well kept course. Well done green keepers you should be proud

Chester-le-Street, Durham