Slope N/A

Year Built 1902

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Enjoyed the round

Fantastic views, challenging fun holes, very friendly knowledgeable staff - highly recommended and we will definitely play again soon

Highly recommended

We had a great round. Great course, amazing views and some challenging holes

A course everyone must play

With the course futurer under threat, I wanted to support it in case it is the last time I get to play this iconic and unique course. It is a challenge for all level of golfers and still has some of the best views of any course.

Excellent course

Really enjoyed this course and the views are stunning. I will definitely be going back.

Tough

Tough course on a windy day, lots of blind tee offs and the rough is a nightmare, often hard to find the ball. But really good fun and challenging.

Great golf course

1st time playing this course great layout great condition & some challenging holes
Would recommend
& will play again.

True test of golf

After wanting to play this course for a while, I decided to jump in the car and finally try it out, on arrival to the pro shop, I was greeted with a nice reception and a very helpful pro. On the first tee I was stuck behind a female 4 ball, they did eventually let me through, but as a single player I knew I would be flying through the holes. Having not played the course before I found it to a fantastic lay out, it was a super windy day but each hole kept you focused. I soon caught up to another group but again they let me play through. The greens were a little woolly but in good condition, the only negative and this is purely not knowing the layout and this is a personal preference, the lack of signage pointing you to the next hole, there were very small marker posts that pointed in the direction. Cannot wait to book and play here again, and I can't recommende it enough, so brilliant holes and spectacular views all around. Outstanding value for a true little gem

Strange course but enjoyable

Stunning views, massive hills, blind shots from most tees, a howling gale, sheep grazing on the course... never a dull moment.

Not one for the purists and not in good condition but a good fun course at £15.

Played at Cleeve Hill on many occasions, great scenery and the course is awesome too - no game is the same as the undulating territory Makes it what it is. Hats off to the groundsmen and pro shop staff for friendly advice and great tee times.
This course is a must for any golfing enthusiast.
Enjoy..

Quirky interesting, don't take it serious

I didn't know what to expect on arrival but it looked OK. However on arriving on first tee, you're faced with a blind shot over a hill, on getting over the hill you find the course is littered with sheep and their droppings, as well as walkers everywhere as its set on a national park kind of affair.
The greens were small with lots of drops offs everywhere and as they were all rock hard it made it very difficult to hit a green.
It's often difficult to see where the next tee is as it's poorly sign posted and there are so many blind shots it's untrue. All the fairways have huge cambers on so again, hard to hold.
It's a fun little quirky course if you don't take it too seriously. If you want pristine greens and fairways, go somewhere else. If you want some good views of Cheltenham and surrounding area and don't mind hiking some hills, then give it a try

An interesting course, great views

A fine course, different in many ways, like a links course. Challenging as you could not see many greens from the tee. Challenging and great fun. Would play this course again.

Cleeve hill gc

I played cleeve hill for the first time today I think it's fair to say the first two holes are not a patch on the next sixteen this is as near to links golf as you can get without being next to the sea there are a lot of blind holes but just take aim at the marker posts and you will be ok this is as close to a natural golf course as you can get the grass is kept down by the sheep and it's not to hilly after you have played the first three holes there are some good drops but the land is used to great effect and the views are spectacular well worth a visit to play on a course that players like vardon and braid would have felt at home on I urge any serious golfer to give this course a try.

Fantastic course

After securing a hot deal for £10, We visited Cleeve Hill without lofty expectations. The pro greeted us warmly and gave us some tips and background to the course. This happened to be the 80th different course I have visited and instantly goes into my top 10.
Admittedly there are a lot of blind shots and the route isn't always the clearest, but wow what a course.
I played with a long hitting golfing partner, so we both experienced the course from different perspectives, we both agreed it was a real challenge.
After 3 days of heavy rain, the course was in great shape. Greens were surprisingly quick and it took us a few holes to adjust. The views are some of the best I have ever experienced, situated right on the edge of the Cotswolds and overlooking Cheltenham and it's racecourse. I plan to make the trip back up Cleeve Hill soon and we have added it to next years Society league's list of venues.

Cleeve Hill ... beautiful and tricky

Several holes have blind tee shots with well placed marker posts ... there are old ex-quarry pits of varying sizes, plenty of gorse on some holes and magnificent views ... oh and lots of sheep!

The whole course has a lot of up and down with some gentle left/right right/left fairways. The greens are not fast but true and full of character.

Being crossed by numerous footpaths, the course is dog friendly so we took Trigger with us and he loved it ... sitting by our bags while we putted and following his nose the rest of the time made a perfect afternoon for all of us.

We thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be coming back.

Cheltenham, Cheltenham