Cleeve Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1902

An interesting course, great views

A fine course, different in many ways, like a links course. Challenging as you could not see many greens from the tee. Challenging and great fun. Would play this course again.

Cleeve hill gc

I played cleeve hill for the first time today I think it's fair to say the first two holes are not a patch on the next sixteen this is as near to links golf as you can get without being next to the sea there are a lot of blind holes but just take aim at the marker posts and you will be ok this is as close to a natural golf course as you can get the grass is kept down by the sheep and it's not to hilly after you have played the first three holes there are some good drops but the land is used to great effect and the views are spectacular well worth a visit to play on a course that players like vardon and braid would have felt at home on I urge any serious golfer to give this course a try.

Fantastic course

After securing a hot deal for £10, We visited Cleeve Hill without lofty expectations. The pro greeted us warmly and gave us some tips and background to the course. This happened to be the 80th different course I have visited and instantly goes into my top 10.
Admittedly there are a lot of blind shots and the route isn't always the clearest, but wow what a course.
I played with a long hitting golfing partner, so we both experienced the course from different perspectives, we both agreed it was a real challenge.
After 3 days of heavy rain, the course was in great shape. Greens were surprisingly quick and it took us a few holes to adjust. The views are some of the best I have ever experienced, situated right on the edge of the Cotswolds and overlooking Cheltenham and it's racecourse. I plan to make the trip back up Cleeve Hill soon and we have added it to next years Society league's list of venues.

Cleeve Hill ... beautiful and tricky

Several holes have blind tee shots with well placed marker posts ... there are old ex-quarry pits of varying sizes, plenty of gorse on some holes and magnificent views ... oh and lots of sheep!

The whole course has a lot of up and down with some gentle left/right right/left fairways. The greens are not fast but true and full of character.

Being crossed by numerous footpaths, the course is dog friendly so we took Trigger with us and he loved it ... sitting by our bags while we putted and following his nose the rest of the time made a perfect afternoon for all of us.

We thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be coming back.

I’ve played the front 9/10 before but this was the first time playing 18. Given the recent weather the course was in good condition (note it is common land). It is a course that is exposed to all the elements but this is part of the challenge. I’ve played on better greens but this also adds to the challenge. The greens are small and require solid approach shots. The course isn’t the longest but it is well defended by the natural landscaping. The views are incredible. We really enjoyed our round and will be back. If you enjoy the challenge of wind and very few flat lies you will enjoy this course.

Cheltenham, Cheltenham