Type Private
Collingtree Park Golf Club

Year Built 1990
Architect Johnny Miller (1990) Gene Bates (1990) Simon Gidman

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Brilliant, but he straight!

I’d been wanting to play this corse for some time and I took the opportunity to do it on a slightly overcast day. I arrived early but this wasn’t a problem as the course was quiet and the pro just said I could head off when I was ready. The course was quiet but I did catch up a two ball who let me play through immediately so I was pretty chuffed with the pace of play.

The course has a wonderful layout, it reminded me of playing in Portugal as the course winds it’s way through a vast array of stunning houses and has plenty of well established trees including some massive pines to align the route. Every hole was good by 4-13 was phenomenal run of testing well payed out holes. The only thing I would say is that the greens are a bit of a work in progress a couple of them are pretty shoddy, but they are consistent and that is something.

Based on this I’d say the course represents bey good value for money and the facilities look fantastic, but unfortunately I didn’t have time to stay to enjoy them.

If you’re in the area it’s certainly worth stopping at Collingtree, just make sure you hit the ball straight out you’ll be in a garden, the water or worse a window!

Challenging

Had a decent round, the course is well maintained & great facilities. Would be better if the green speed was a bit quicker. Staff are very friendly, a beautiful & challenging course if played from the back.

First Class Service

Golf excellent, the course was empty.
The only disappointment was the bar. No beer!!

Excellent condition.

The course was in great condition even after all the rain. It was wet in parts but got to be expected with the weather we’d had. Greens was excellent, course was busy but we was never held up.

Some great holes, awful bunkers

Really nicely designed course, one of the best locally

Unfortunately they have let the course decline a fair bit over the years, bunkers are terrible, more than a few didn’t even have rakes and barely any sand, they were basically unplayable. It’s a shame cause with a bit more quality on finer details it’d be an amazing course as the layouts great

Played this course during 'storm brian' It made it a bit tougher than usual with 40-50mph winds !! The greens were in very good condition for the time of year, rolled fast and true. The only negatives were a lack of ball washers on some holes, the flags weren't a consistent colour (we had red, yellow and white flags on the front and back 9) this could have been a bit confusing if you were unfamiliar with the course layout. The range had also ran out of balls so I was unable to have a proper warm up which was a bit poor for a Saturday lunchtime.
Facilities are generally good but a bit dated / tired looking in places, I think the decor was the same as when I last played here around 15 years ago ! Enjoyable trip nonetheless though and I would recommend it.

Slow greens littered with pitch marks, grass too long on tees, poor general condition

On a windy day

Very tough when the winds blowing a gale , made for a tough challenging round but very enjoyable.

Parkland at its best

Played on my own best round of golf this year....
Never played this course before loved it ... every hole a challenge ... very relaxing layout , not busy , all staff were very welcoming and offered friendly advice .
Already arranging to return with friends...

Well worth a visit.

Fantastic golf course with no bad holes. Some stunning par 5's and 3's.. signature hole has to be the brilliant 18th. Try the 12th medal tee across the water at this great par 3. Only slight issue when we played was condition of a few of the bunkers, but good fairways and greens.

Sorry to say but the club house and quality of food seems to let the quality of the course completely down.

Great friendly staff, but the above doesn't match the rest and the club house (bar area) seems somewhat dated and tired.

Cracking Collingtree

Identified the course as a mid way location for a friend and i, and a great find!
Easy to find from the motorway and when we arrived the staff in the bar and pro shop were welcoming and helpful.
After a hearty breakfast we got under way and really enjoyed the course. A great layout with greens that were surprisingly quick for this time of year.
I would recommend CP and great value for money

Collingtree Park Challenge

Buggies had to stick to the roadways so we decided to use trolleys. Very well kept. Greens in good order and fast which was surprising for the time of year. Very few pitch marks on the greens so well looked after and appreciated by the players. Fairways a little waterlogged in places but not too bad. Fairways generally tight as lakes and ditches on the sides but enjoyable round of golf. If you are a high handicapper you might find you need to take a few extra balls!

Collingtree park winter

I wasn't impressed at first but as I got 6 holes in the courses charms warmed me to the venue. I wouldn't recommend it as a winter venue and it was ver waterlogged and way too messy for my liking. I enjoyed the course layout and the course did impress and I think I will go back on my own and with friends in the summer months. Then the course will reach its full potential and be a lot more enjoyable.

Good value

Friendly staff and course in decent condition for a game in December.
Definitely recommend