Style Parkland

Year Built 1991

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Jcb

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Good course

Colmworth has a challenging layout- very playable and in good condition all year round. Very friendly staff- great 19th hole!

Firm and fast !

Played colmworth a few times now as I'm fairly local. it's a nice course with a couple of nice holes, not very hilly so quite an easy walk round.
The bunkers are never in good shape at colmworth. Very inconsistent levels of sand, some are deep and some are bare making it very difficult to judge your shot precisely. The greens are also in desperate need of some water, they are rock hard ! Whilst this makes them quite fast to putt on, it requures you to hit one or 2 clubs less into the greens and pray for a kind bounce. If you try to attack pins with a wedge you'll be over the back of the green pretty much every time.
If links style golf suits you, you'll enjoy your round here.
Friendly welcome in the clubhouse as always.

OK

The course is narrow but in decent condition except for very firm greens. As a fairly basic course it is now over priced given the price increases over the last year

Excellent condition

The course is in excellent condition and very enjoyable to play reasonably forgiving for the other way would drive and the pace of play was very good

Great winer dry course

We played the day after it had rained all day across the country, however the course played as if it was the summer. Ball rolling down the faiways, had to chip short and roll to the holes, as the greens where quite firm. If your in the area this winter, then this is a course for you.to keep playing.

Great tight 18 holes.

Played Colmworth today (2/8/2019) for the first time in about 15 years. Course has matured very well, great tight course, not massively long but you still have to keep it straight otherwise you would loose quite a few balls. Course condition was excellent, greens and fairways lovely, bunkers very good but some off the tees needed cutting, seeding and leveling. Overall it is an excellent 18 holes on a tight course.
Staff in the club were very helpful in letting me tee off early even though it meant I followed a match, still got round in under 4 hours. I will be back for more here soon.

First timer

After reading lots of positive reviews on here I decided to book a twilight round. I couldnt really see how the course warrants such a high rating, the first 6 or 7 holes are fairly dull straight up and back, the only hole that particularly stood out on the whole course was the 12th.
Greens were rock solid but very slow to putt on, the grass looks like it hadn’t been cut in a few days. Tee boxes were caked in topsoil and what looked like wood chippings, the bunkers were very poorly edged with no real definition. Lack of ball washers with only 2 or 3 on the whole course.
With the price being charged at £18 for a twilight it’s very poor value. Other courses within 2-3 miles are much cheaper, much better maintained and much more of a challenge.
Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be coming back anytime soon.

forgiving and spectacular

Played mid November on a Saturday, lucky it was quiet and found the course in great condition. Open and forgiving fairways helped shake the rust off, greens great condition, hard and fast even though it was 'winter' - nice mix of challenging holes and great water features around a couple. Elevated tee's made some holes a joy to play. Not the toughest course so when you found trouble it was playable. Bunker locations are the main challenge, esp around the greens. Low key and no frills clubhouse. Would play again for sure.

good greens

played 4 ball, weather perfect greens quick but true. tees could do with some tending though.
clubhouse staff very friendly.

Great if you can get a deal

Not a bad course with some interesting holes. Greens and fairways were in good condition. I only play here when I can get a deal (£20) there are better courses in the area that cost less than the full price they charge here (£30).
Staff are always friendly and helpful. I knew I would have to join a two ball and an individual as we all booked the same tee time (I like that golf now shows this so you are not surprised). We had a great little team comp and really enjoyed the round.
My only major complaint is the state of the bunkers. Some had no sand, some had too much crap sand. If they could sort this out I'd be willing to pay more

Course very good, some tees could be more level and bunkers quite a lot of stones in some
overall, well kept fairways and greens.

Played in the winter and enjoyed it!!

I played in a three-ball on a cold winter morning in January with temperatures between 2 and 8 Celsius. There had been some rain the previous two days, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The tee-boxes and greens were in excellent condition. There were some wet soggy parts on the fairway, but this was very little and it didn't hinder any shots.

The course was fairly quiet and we kept with the group in front (a three-ball as well).

I found the greens to be a little bit slower to what I'm used; however, I was able to get into my putting rhythm after two holes.

I was originally meant to play as a single; however two kind gentlemen invited me to join their group and made me feel ever so comfortable.
Since I didn't know the course, it was great playing with them as they showed me how best to place my ball.
This seems to be a friendly course and it's run by a family.

All in all, it was great value (29 quid on a Saturday morning) and I would certainly be playing here once a month; hopefully, I'll catch the two gentlemen again as they seem to play at the same time every weekend!!!

Course still playing well for winter

Fairways and greens still in pretty good condition for time of year. No winter tees or greens. Not too many leaves on the fairways - greens still pretty smooth. Clubhouse was still open after we finished our round circa 3:30. Also found that we had the course to ourselves.

One off the beaten track

This was a delightful course with some quite straightforward holes and a few with interesting twists.It seemed difficult to lose a ball on the opening 6 which, as a 28+ handicapper inspired confidence.

The 12th was a challenge especially after not studying the back of the scorecard showing that the green had water to the back as well as both sides and part of the front. Although there were quite a few seemingly straightforward open holes these, for me, merely served to lure one into a false sense of security. Woe betide anyone who thinks the only way to lose a ball on the latter 12, is in the water.

The only slight disappointment was the greenkeeper who decide to delay our round approx. 10 minutes on the 6th by cutting the outer part of the green, this resulted in eventually backing us into the 2 ball behind us (disappointing when behind them there seemed to be no one for half an hour or so). Being super critical, for the newcomer, some noticeboards on the tee boxes identifying the hole and layout wouldn't go amiss and perhaps a little more signage pointing toward the next tee on a few holes.

There was a rustic charm to the clubhouse and pro-shop which doubled as the bar and eatery this was staffed by a very courteous and friendly team.

All in all a smashing find, we'll definitely spend the half hour travel time to seek this one out again.

Great golf

Course is in fantastic condition. We played a twilight round and was excellent value for money. Will definitely be returning.

had a great day love this course . not too challenging but some tough holes to think about .

Bedford, Bedford