Colmworth & North Beds Golf Club

Colmworth & North Beds Golf Club
Yellow 71 5873 yards
Red (W) 72 5520 yards
Scorecard for Colmworth & North Beds Golf Club
White M: 70.7/121 360 370 396 399 160 482 360 351 159 3037 576 194 453 376 420 283 362 198 547 3409 6446
Yellow M: 69.5/119 340 331 375 387 149 474 344 343 151 2894 524 164 441 364 407 257 339 186 510 3192 6086
Red W: 70.2/119 340 323 318 340 149 436 325 322 137 2690 448 150 400 343 384 228 307 160 421 2841 5531

Year Built 1991

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Jcb

forgiving and spectacular

Played mid November on a Saturday, lucky it was quiet and found the course in great condition. Open and forgiving fairways helped shake the rust off, greens great condition, hard and fast even though it was 'winter' - nice mix of challenging holes and great water features around a couple. Elevated tee's made some holes a joy to play. Not the toughest course so when you found trouble it was playable. Bunker locations are the main challenge, esp around the greens. Low key and no frills clubhouse. Would play again for sure.

good greens

played 4 ball, weather perfect greens quick but true. tees could do with some tending though.

clubhouse staff very friendly.

Great if you can get a deal

Not a bad course with some interesting holes. Greens and fairways were in good condition. I only play here when I can get a deal (£20) there are better courses in the area that cost less than the full price they charge here (£30).

Staff are always friendly and helpful. I knew I would have to join a two ball and an individual as we all booked the same tee time (I like that golf now shows this so you are not surprised). We had a great little team comp and really enjoyed the round.

My only major complaint is the state of the bunkers. Some had no sand, some had too much crap sand. If they could sort this out I'd be willing to pay more

Course very good, some tees could be more level and bunkers quite a lot of stones in some

overall, well kept fairways and greens.

Played in the winter and enjoyed it!!

I played in a three-ball on a cold winter morning in January with temperatures between 2 and 8 Celsius. There had been some rain the previous two days, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The tee-boxes and greens were in excellent condition. There were some wet soggy parts on the fairway, but this was very little and it didn't hinder any shots.

The course was fairly quiet and we kept with the group in front (a three-ball as well).

I found the greens to be a little bit slower to what I'm used; however, I was able to get into my putting rhythm after two holes.

I was originally meant to play as a single; however two kind gentlemen invited me to join their group and made me feel ever so comfortable.

Since I didn't know the course, it was great playing with them as they showed me how best to place my ball.

This seems to be a friendly course and it's run by a family.

All in all, it was great value (29 quid on a Saturday morning) and I would certainly be playing here once a month; hopefully, I'll catch the two gentlemen again as they seem to play at the same time every weekend!!!

Course still playing well for winter

Fairways and greens still in pretty good condition for time of year. No winter tees or greens. Not too many leaves on the fairways - greens still pretty smooth. Clubhouse was still open after we finished our round circa 3:30. Also found that we had the course to ourselves.

One off the beaten track

This was a delightful course with some quite straightforward holes and a few with interesting twists.It seemed difficult to lose a ball on the opening 6 which, as a 28+ handicapper inspired confidence.

The 12th was a challenge especially after not studying the back of the scorecard showing that the green had water to the back as well as both sides and part of the front. Although there were quite a few seemingly straightforward open holes these, for me, merely served to lure one into a false sense of security. Woe betide anyone who thinks the only way to lose a ball on the latter 12, is in the water.

The only slight disappointment was the greenkeeper who decide to delay our round approx. 10 minutes on the 6th by cutting the outer part of the green, this resulted in eventually backing us into the 2 ball behind us (disappointing when behind them there seemed to be no one for half an hour or so). Being super critical, for the newcomer, some noticeboards on the tee boxes identifying the hole and layout wouldn't go amiss and perhaps a little more signage pointing toward the next tee on a few holes.

There was a rustic charm to the clubhouse and pro-shop which doubled as the bar and eatery this was staffed by a very courteous and friendly team.

All in all a smashing find, we'll definitely spend the half hour travel time to seek this one out again.

Great golf

Course is in fantastic condition. We played a twilight round and was excellent value for money. Will definitely be returning.

had a great day love this course . not too challenging but some tough holes to think about .

Sunny day's Golf

Great day's golf. Weather was good. The course is in great condition and as always the staff are very freindly

Colmworth

Easy to get around but could do with hole numbers. Very forgiving course. Very hard greens when we played could do with a water to help with hardness. A rather hilly course but would defo play again

Commented On 05/31/2017

I think the hole numbers have been sent off to be updated.

Will pass this on to the management so they can get some temporary signage up until they are done

Commented On 05/31/2017

It's a bit of a shame you didn't add the reason why you rated this course so badly. Did you have a bad round?

A good day golfing!

The course is well presented, a fair test of golf and good value for money for a relatively new club. However It's is a little difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area.

Commented On 05/31/2017

Perhaps this will help you find it again for next time? http://www.colmworthgolfclub.co.uk/home/contact/directions/

Not bad

Second time playing here so feel ok to add a review. Generally the course was in decent condition. Fairly wide fairways and welcoming greens. Most greens are protected by one or more bunkers. I have to say after playing the first 12 holes, from 13 to 18 definitely drop in standard. They feel like they are added on (if that makes sense!). Greens were ok although not quick by any stretch. Very friendly on the course and clubhouse and cafe looks nice. Paid £10 using a discount but wouldn't want to pay much more if I'm honest. 12th was my favourite hole with water in play on every shot after the tee off.

very frosty morning

Arrived at course, enjoyed bacon roll before we went out , full english looked great value. staff very accomadating.

Course in good condition considering frosty conditions, bunkers very hard, (we decided to use as g.u.r. because of frost sand like concrete ) course holds up very well. Overall Good value for money. Have booked society day. Looking forward to playing here again.

All weather course

Have played this course several times. Always playable in all conditions. In good repair for the time of year. Well done Colmworth.

An enjoyable course

Enjoyed my round here, only gave it 3 star but would say it's a bit better than average. Overall the course layout was interesting, albeit there were a few boring "up and down" holes in there. The 12th is great hole. Also the raised tees and mini hedges at 150 yards out were nice features to give a bit more character to the course.

The fairways were in good condition given the time of year but tees and greens a little long, although not bad considering the time of year.

Lack of hole numbers/yards on the tee box was disappointing, but overall an enjoyable round at a nice course.

Very good course

I have not played this course for a couple of years until today but I can see the improvements that have been made. Definitely enjoy playing here.

Well worth a try

I played a two ball with a friend, unlike many courses in the area, Colmworth was far from flat which made it quite challenging in the high winds we experienced on the day. The course has a driving range at £2.50 for 50 balls. The course itself is kept in good conditions, my only minor issue was that a few of the greens could have done with a bit of a roll to remove some of then bobbles, however this Is a very minor gripe. The previous 4 days had seen some very heavy rain but you would never had known as the course was firm under foot with no evidence of standing water anywhere, ideal for a winter game as it clearly drains well.

This is definitely a go to course for the winter and we will both be visiting again in the Summer when the trees will make it a lot tighter and challenging in places.

The club house looks nice from the outside but could benefit from a refurbishment as it resembles a café from 80's, however this by no way should put you off from playing here. Colmworth is well worth a look.

would be disappointed if you paid full price

The course is ok, a bit tatty around the tee boxes, could do with some tlc. The greens were rock hard and didn't look like they'd been watered for a while. For £9 I thought it was good value though for an average course.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019