Crosland Heath Golf Club

Year Built 1914
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1914)

Stunning views

Course is in immaculate condition and was playing ready today as no wind. Stunning views all around.

Go and play it, you will not be disappointed. If the wind blows, don't expect to shoot under your handicap.

Enjoy

Crossland Heath

Great course and excellent staff
We were treated really well and in a professional manner by the guys in the pro shop
Keith

Great Course, lots of character and a great club in general

I got to the club house 40 minutes before my round. I spoke to the pro on arrival who talked me through everything I needed to know about the course.

The practice green for chipping and putter was brilliant. Also the driving range despite being a little unorthodox, was also brilliant.

The course was quite busy but the pace of play wasn’t impacted too much. Everything about the course was in perfect condition.

Some of the tee offs are a little dangerous, especially if you’re new to the course. Some of the tee offs were not obvious to find or where to aim. I worried for my car in the car park.

VERY WINDY

In all a great course, enjoyed every hole and will be considering a membership

What an absolute gem of a course. Weather was a tad windy, but the course in in immaculate condition and the greens are superb. It played quite difficult due to the wind, plenty of room to work the ball but beware the heather.

It was frosty so temp greens hence the low course condition but I'm looking forward to playing this in good weather

Lovely course

A fantastic experience to play at this little gem. Right from the start, the pro in the shop was very welcoming and friendly, offering advice and information without waiting to be asked, and it felt as though he was passionate about the course, which is always a good sign. The course was in very good condition, even though there was preferred lies in play, which was not necessary at all. The greens were like carpets, super quick but easy to get the pace of pretty quickly, and the views from the course were amazing. The one thing to note was that early morning the course seemed to be very busy, so you had to keep up with play. It seemed to be a lot quieter on the first few holes as we finished at lunch time, but it looked as though from 7 - 11 it was all booked up. That is in no way negative, just maybe a helpful tip to those who like to play when its a little quieter.

group is rough fine too hard!

we were so happy there are many rocks area green games to learning well. thanks prakash

Lovely course

I have played here before and really enjoyed the course, unfortunately on Friday it was blowing about gale force so what is a fairly testing course became even harder, the views are stunning and general state of the course was very good.

Wonderful experience

Myself and a friend played this course yesterday and found it a fantastic experience, wonderful scenery and challenging holes on a course in brilliant condition when other local courses were boggy after recent rain. Members were helpful and polite and we made decent pace despite a medal compitition being held around us. If you’re a fan of heathland golf you must try this course!

Huddersfields Gem

A fantastic course on the hills overlooking Huddersfield. Wide variety of challenging holes....the par 3s built into the old quarry area are exceptional holes. Fairways in great condition and greens superb..groundstaff were ironing them on the day we played. Not overly long but a real test.word of warning....keep out of the heather which lines many of the fairways.
Ps bunkers were full of sand and raked perfectly.

Breathtaking !!!!

Played this course on a pleasant evening with a slight breeze and what a gem it is ,After a warm welcome by the Pro Alex who informed myself about the course layout impressively ,the course is a real test played on a old quarry surrounded by heather which you must stay clear of ,it's a test of accuracy and your game management,the greens are well maintained and another test ,I doubt you will find a golf course with any better views in the u.k on a pleasant day ,will definitely be back just make sure you check out the weather forecast.

Snobby

Nothing wrong with Course but the People I encountered on the day. I had made a Booking On-line. Upon arrival reported to the Golf Shop and registered in. Told nothing about a Pro Am competition that was going on!!

At the 10th, 12th and 17th Tee 'interchange, I was minding my own business when some Posh sounding Woman came up to me and queried whether I was Member of the Golf Club!! That she and her party were playing a Pro Am competition!!! It was her patronising tone that I took offense to. By the way she played a rubbish shot with her golf ball landing in the revine!!

After finishing my Round, making my way back to my Car, when someone from the Golf Shop (different person to the one I dealt with) literraly came running out to query if I was a Member!! and what I was doing at the Golf Course!! Explained I had made an on-line booking and had registered in upon arrival!! If he'd checked his Records before approaching me he would of known everything was correct and above aboard. I can only assume the Posh sounding 'Lady' and her Party had said something on their way out at the Golf Shop!!

I was aware this Golf Club had a High and Mighty opinion of themselves but to experience some of the negative comments about this Club first hand was quite disappointing - must have been something to do with me being an Asian man!!

Rabbit friendly

I have played this course a number of times over the years but haven't played it for around 5 years. Course is a beautiful heathland layout with some fantastic views. If the wind is blowing then it can be very challenging. Greens are in wonderful condition as always. If you get there early then the practice facilities are excellent.

Outlane, Kirklees