De Vere Wychwood Park

White 71 6722 yards
Yellow 71 6320 yards
Red (W) 73 5618 yards
Scorecard for De Vere Wychwood Park
Blue M: 74.9/131 585 165 390 484 407 226 555 377 426 3615 389 160 580 430 382 438 434 216 569 3598 7213
White M: 73.1/123 549 149 359 451 386 187 531 377 398 3387 353 135 544 411 341 405 407 198 541 3335 6722
Yellow M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 524 139 332 440 365 175 519 347 369 3210 321 127 512 388 331 376 396 188 471 3110 6320
Red W: 70.2/119 461 103 294 393 332 135 461 319 335 2833 292 104 492 352 306 329 326 146 438 2785 5618

Year Built 2002
Architect Hawtree Ltd Ken Moodie (2002)

Wychwood park

Possibly the best course I’ve played, good greens ,interesting fairways lots of hazards great

First time, definitely not the last

The weather was shocking. Heavy rain all night the night before, a bit of snow in the morning and windy. I don't think any of us were looking forward to playing.

It's an impressive complex. Automatic barriers, large hotel, beautiful big houses dotted around the edge of the course.

The pro informed us we couldn't use trolleys, which was fair enough.

The first hole is a par 5, which is unusual. It was our first round of the year, combined with the wet fairways, rain, cold and wind it seemed a monster. We were impressed with the first green, very true, excellent condition considering how much rain we'd had.

After four or five holes we were all commenting on how good the course was. Challenging, long, good condition, great greens.

Every single hole has been well designed. You can't just reach for a driver on every par 4. Well placed bunkers, streams and water to negotiate.

Hardly any 'easy' holes. Every hole provides a challenge in some way.

By the end of the round we were all enthusing about the course.

We played it in very tough conditions and our scores reflected that but we still really enjoyed it.

We also had the course to ourselves which was nice.

We teed off at 8am Easter Monday and played of the yellow tees.

We would love to be able to play off the blue tees but it would be too long for us.

Can't wait to play it again

Excellent course

It has rained for days. My own course was closed so we came here there was some standing water but overall the ball still ran on the fairways. The greens were excellent. The only problem was there were no tee numbers as we had gone with someone who had played it before he knew where each tee was. I would definitely recommend this course

Great Day Out

We were a walking two ball behind a large group using buggies. Although it was a little slow we were able to enjoy the course and have a chat. The course was in great condition. It helped that we had played the course before. We had one heavy shower but this didn't effect the course. I would recommend this course it's a good test of golf and rewards a good shot.

The only down side is, as usual the price of drinks are a bit steep but that's the same at all clubs now.

Very tough course

Nice long course in great condition but by far the toughest I've ever played. Was around 15-20 shots down on my normal score and so was my friend. Lost a fair few balls on the process too. A good challenge but not a course to build your confidence on.

Very very slow, marshalls laid down quite strict rules to start with, then never saw them again all day.

Tee off was on time, second hole 4 groups of 4 waiting not a Marshall in sight

Course was in good condition. But spoilt by unprecedented slow play all in all over 6 hours round

All in all felt the course and company were just happy to take your money with no real appreciation for the golfers

Won't be returning

This course is a gem my partner loves it as nice wide faraways she only plays to keep me company

Course was in really good condition back 9 always kills your front 9 score tuff back 9 but never put off playing here .

Pro shop staff very helpful .

Really decent course

Great course very long we hired a buggy and loved it some very challenging holes we fealt rough was a bit to long and lost a few balls we would normally find otherwise it's a great course

Tip for the day take plenty of golf balls

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thanks for your feedback, we will make sure to keep an eye on the rough and make sure it doesn't get too thick!

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Good challenge

This is a really good golf test. Some interesting holes especially around the wildlife reserve areas in the middle of the course. A stream runs thru the course bringing water into play on many holes-if you get round here with one ball you have played well. Tee boxes and fairways very good. Greens were really slow and bumpy, looked as though they were still recovering from being hollow tined. Plenty of buggies if you wanted one-it is quite hilly with plenty of walking between holes.

Commented On 06/11/2017

Thank you for your feedback. The greens are now much improved so hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Feels like being abroad

What a fabulous course; if you've ever had the privilege of playing at Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus you'll agree its a stunner! Wychwood Park is the Cheshire version of this! It's breathtaking scenery is somewhat inspiring as you play between the beautiful housing estate on a beautifully crafted course! Staff all friendly and ground staff all complimentary of your shots no matter how poor they were! I will be playing there more often! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Commented On 06/11/2017

Thanks for your feedback, we have some excellent value tee times on offer this month (June) so hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Average

Greens were in poor condition.although it was early May they were the worse condition greens out of the half a dozen courses or so I have played on recently.

The course was very busy. I was playing as a single player. I did have a tea time but there were lots of large groups also teeing off around the same time. It was suggested I play the back nine first. Which I did. The pace was good. After 9 holes I looked across to the first tee to see about 20 people waiting to tee off so there ended my round. I wasn't going to wait for 30 mins to continue my round to then have to wait on every shot played thereafter. So unfortunate really.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear that the round slowed up for you. We would love to welcome you back to the course as it is now in tip top condition. Please email rbean@deverevenues.co.uk and we can make sure to get you out when the course is quiet.

2nd attempt much better

First time I played this course I was disappointed! People highly recommended it but the general condition was poor. From tee box to green. Yesterday was much better. It was in good condition all round, only shame was that the greens are still having a little work done on them from the winter, so they were a little slow and bumpy. Guarantee that most courses are like this at the moment and that give it a week or 2 and they'll be quick and true. I will be coming back here no problem. Some really good holes to test all abilities. Does help playing here a couple of times. Some holes aren't as straight forward as they seem. Overall very good course like most de vere venues. One thing I do love is the yardage markers on the sprinklers all over the fairway. Great help.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thanks for your feedback. You were spot on with your analysis, the course is now in excellent condition (early June) with the greens running true.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and remember you can book your tee time direct with us at https://go.teeitup.com/19990#courses.

Shattered

Difficult course some really interesting holes.

Course was in excellent condition

Downside was distance between green and next tee

I am pushing 70 but reasonably fit and was absolutely shattered ,played a lot of different courses over the years but this is without doubt the most difficult and physically demanding

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thanks for the review, we appreciate that the walk can be tough but we do have buggies available if you were visiting again - we would love to welcome you back.

Weston, Cheshire East