Delapre Golf Club - Hardingstone Course

Handicap 2 8 6 4 7 3 1 9 5
Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 27 27

Year Built 0

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Switch

Course was ok bearing in mind the recent wet weather. Some standing water around greens and in bunkers. But we still had a very enjoyable round of golf.

A good municipal

I have a soft spot for delapre.

It's got a nice mix of holes, friendly welcome and considering its a municipal course the fairways and greens are in better than average condition.

But because it's a municipal you also get poor ettiquette. We were followed by 2 Louts in a buggy dressed in tracksuits, firing balls at us for fun. Now normally I'd have let the idiots through but considering every time we finished a hole there were 2 other groups waiting on the tee, there was nowhere to go.

It's also getting pricey as you can play for less at kingsthorpe, chapel Brampton, collingtree and overstone to name just a few in the region

Ok

This course is ok as it’s a non members club, was shocked at the damage to the green on hole 18

FIRST TIME AT DELAPRE

A three ball on Saturday afternoon in pretty wet conditions.

Course was well presented, the second cut being a little long, but fairways are wide and forgiving.

The rain really help the greens which started out bumpy and not cut short.

Decent parkland course, with enough interesting holes to keep you thinking

Delapre in wet

Definitely a challenge at this time of year. The course had a lot of rain the day before. Lot of grass cutting required, so easy to lose balls off fairway. It will play better in a month’s time when summer weather arrives. Good course overall and offers good value for money.

Course quality

The course was in really good condition after all the rain it surprised me how fast the greens were . The fairways were excellent , the only tee that was moved forward was the first the other 17 were on normal tees excellent

Excellent

Excellent round of golf. Course set was superb greens in very good condition.

Highly recommend to all

Delapre

Excellent condition course set up well. Only negative was the two groups in front of us really really slow, at time actually walking towards us looking for balls??

Talking when finished on greens not clearing way very annoying

good course for all types of players

This course is good for beginners with very little water to lose your ball in.

Poor Greens

Looked forward to playing Delapre as I haven't played the course in years, booking was easy, staff very friendly and at the time we started it was quiet, fairways was cut and ok, only disappointment was the tee off boxes quiet poor, and also the greens were horrible, blotchy, bumps and generally poor state. if this improved would be a lovely course to play.

Delapre golf course

Overall ok , staff are always friendly and helpful a great America golf store on site , course is pay and play so not too end but considering is in ok condition could do with more visibility of course marshalls on busy days as group ahead turned into a 5 ball and previous group drive buggy on green so made play slow and frustrating this does need sorting if you want more golfers on this course

Good value for your money

Myself and my playing partner had a whole day there including practise on the excellent driving range followed by more practise on the Jacks 9 hole par 3 course.

This was followed by lunch then on to the 18 hole Oaks course. As this was the first real decent weather we have had this year I thought the course played quite well. Greens were a little bumpy but this is EARLY April and the soft greens have had some traffic over the winter.

Well worth a knock if your are looking for good value for money!!!!

Excellent Value (However)

I can't complain paying £7.50 amazballz! However, the course was backed up, even taking into account that my wife is a beginner. We played the 1st 9 twice instead of waiting the usual 10 mins on each tee. The course was very wet, I play Bicester regularly and its nowhere near this heavy. Also the air pressure hose was broken, bunkers were unplayable; that all said amazing value.

Delapre

Course in good condition real value for money apart from the very slow play today.

A Joke!

The whole day was a joke and badly managed. Our tee off time was booked for 14:00 and we didn't get started until 14:15.

The reason being was because there was a 2 ball in front of us teeing off at our time to only then find out that their tee off was for 14:30.

The first 4-5 holes were extremely slow which we appreciate because there were a couple of pairs in front which was fair enough but the fact the 2 ball were in front of us when they shouldn't have been took the p***.

As we waited for the 2 ball in front of us to finish the 5th hole, we witnessed a 3 ball and 2 ball walk straight across the course to the 6th hole where they started to tee off from. At this stage there was already enough golfers in front of us and the fact that these people just walked to the hole delayed even more time but it really did take the biscuit.

With the case of it getting darker earlier we proceeded with with just going straight to the 9th hole so we didn't have to wait around for long. In the end due to golfers pushing in front (something I haven't experienced on other courses) we had to miss four holes.

The 2 ball behind us were also frustrated and ended up playing the same holes again just so they didn't have to wait around and I believe they put a complaint in.

Definitely Getting Better

Yesterday was the first time I have played this course for 2 years and its reputation is very much the cheap and cheerful course in the area where rather annoyingly the club lets people play in jeans etc (well if they don't - people were!)

I had to book here as its more established and 'famous' neighbours of Collingtree, and to an extant if you live on the West of Northampton, Silverstone were fully booked so here I was ... honestly not expecting much from memory.

But I must admit there has been a great improvement to the course in most areas, I believe coinciding with new management coming in around 2 years ago. Ok yes a lot of the bunkers were still suffering from being waterlogged from heavy rain the night before and the tee boxes were desperately in need of some TLC but the greens were absolutely superb compared to 2 years ago. A round up at Collingtree will cost around £40, and here cost me £16, but Collingtree can only dream of having greens and bunkers, the non waterlogged ones, like these rather embarrassingly for them. The greens were handsome, large, fast and very true. A pleasure to putt on.

The course however is desperately in need of 2 more par 5s though as it only has 1 and that's very reachable for any single figure handicapper. It will never set the world on fire as it is quite unimaginative and not much of a challenge. But for a beginners course to learn the game, it's a great little starter and excellent VFM. It also has a large driving range and an American Golf shop on site along with a par 3 course too so you can mix it up should you like to.

Well done to the management but especially the greens keepers. You're doing a fine job, keep it up but please - NO JEANS!!!

poor greens

Delepre is a pleasant course to play with not many hills to speak of. It's is lightly wooded and is fairly open and is a nice course to play if you don't play very often. The main fault I find is the greens. Putting unfortunately is a bit of a lottery as there are so many bumps and holes in the greens you can never guarantee a put will go where you aim. Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed my round and the food after was top notch.

Church Brampton, Daventry
Overstone, Daventry
Harlestone, Daventry

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019
Eagle Drive, Nene Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 7DU, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1604 764036