Drax Golf Club

White 69 5564 yards
Yellow 69 5354 yards
Red (W) 71 5041 yards
Scorecard for Drax Golf Club
White M: 66.2/111 282 276 408 275 170 408 331 195 355 2700 494 148 408 331 157 355 462 148 451 2954 5654
Yellow M: 63.1/105 279 270 400 228 137 394 319 192 326 2545 489 136 394 319 151 326 441 136 439 2831 5376
Red W: 64.9/103 276 248 390 216 107 360 307 147 313 2364 440 127 360 307 147 313 324 127 431 2576 4940

Year Built 1990

Qwerky Course

The course is interesting as you play five holes twice from different tee positions. Whilst we didn’t have a problem when we played I would assume you could get a back up if players on those tees that you play from twice at busy times of the year.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly

Father and son having a round of golf

A jewel of a parkland golf course. Not the longest by any means but apart from maybe five holes keep your driver in the bag. Fairways superb and virtually no rough because it's nearly all tree lined. Greens some of the best I've played on. Will definitely carry on playing this course. Not one disappointing hole. My 18 year old son hits the ball way further than me with his driver so l enjoyed this course even more because that didn't really come into play

liam0409
Commented On 10/05/2017

Thank you for your great feedback. We hope to see you again very soon! Check out our website if you would link some more information about the club: www.draxgolfclub.com

Liam Ridgill

Vice-Captain

Yorkshire's Hidden Gem? They names it right!

Visiting the Drax website they refer to the course as "Yorkshire's Hidden Gem" and to my surprise, they were right!

Tucked away south of Selby I was very surprised at the course I had stumbled upon. The presentation of the course was fantastic with nicely manicured fairways and greens. the greens were a little slow but when speaking to a member of the committee who was very helpful in showing me around, I was made aware that a lot of maintenance had taken place in the past couple of weeks to get the greens in shape for the height of the season.

My honest opinion is that the greens were some of the best I have played thus far in 2017 so I would love to see what they are like in the summer!

This course turned out to be very quirky with some tight shots off the tee to nice wide fairways playing into difficult greens with very subtle movements that certainly tested you. The second hole is a great example of this where the green looks relatively flat, was I wrong! looking at the hole everything rolls left to right, and fast, even single handicappers would do well to stop a ball on that green, it is a real beauty.

Another nice touch is the practise putting green and driving net which I didn't expect to see. It certainly helps blow off any cobwebs in a morning!]

In all, I could go on about my amazing day at Drax, but in short, this is a must play course and one that I would come back to again and again

hidden gem

This course is a cracking hidden gem.

On arrival you park in the sports social club and check in at the bar. Then its a 5minute walk out of the car park and over bridge (the railway lines) to the first tee.

Once down onto the teeing area an immediate liking of what was to come. Course in excellent condition. good to see no rubbish at all (you know what i mean,lol).

The not so good aspect has to be the navigation from some green to tees. GPS.( all our party have gps devices which did not tally wth the course)had to find some holes manually. Due to this being a 12 hole course and playing 6 twice(different tee on a couple). Do not be put off though

Will definitely play again,

liam0409
Commented On 10/05/2017

Thank you for your great feedback. We hope to see you again very soon!

As for your GPS, if you run an update on your device the course should be fully up to date with our route changes.

Liam Ridgill

Vice-Captain

Strange course

You have to park at the club community centre and the staff weren't too helpful as to where the golf was . Apparently you should check in at the bar but nobody told us this and we eventually found the course which was a bit of a trek along a main road. We had no scorecard and a member helped us as to where to go and he gave us an old scorecard. The course itself could be much better and the grass was quite long and there were no signs for the next tee and it was difficult to find tour way around. It's only a 12 hole course but you play 6 holes twice from different tees, but again it's not easy to follow. There are some good holes and overall it could be much better than it was. Good value for money though.

Little Beauty!

You may think a 12 hole, ex Power Station course may be short of great challenges. Drax is a real hidden gem, lovely course with some testing holes. There are some lovely walks & even the towers added some "atmosphere" to the surroundings but it is great how the trees now camouflage them in the middle of the course.

Brayton, Selby