Learn more about becoming a member at
Drax Golf Club

Year Built 1990

Bar

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities

Never again in winter

A decent course in summer but stay clear in winter, it doesn’t drain, its boggy and mulchy underfoot, when I had finished I looked like I’d been potato picking, mud everywhere. No golf club house, we paid to get on but there were people playing who had not due to no one at the course to check, we know this because we had 4 lads stood on the tee at our tee off time when we asked what time they had booked they just said we must be after you then.
Needs better organisation.

Nice course where you have to plot your way around.
Advised by a member of ground staff that Monday and Thursday mornings busy causing queues on the double holes

Drax first time

Challenging course. More hazards than you’d realise.

Always rains here....

.... well not always! But there is a water vapour factory next door (Drax Power Station). Joking aside, this is a very pleasant 12-hole course. Holes 1-5 and hole 18 are played once and holes 6-17 are played twice, some from different tee positions which varies the play, The repeat holes can lead to ‘traffic’ in the middle of the course during busy periods. The greens and fairways are very well kept and I would recommend a visit when it’s not too busy or too wet.

(The following is nothing to do with Drax Golf Course: GolfNow keep sending me unwanted emails, some of which are for reviews of courses I’ve played. I have requested that they cease to send me any emails other than booking confirmations. This has been totally ignored and surely must be contrary to UK data protection laws? However I’m sure that it’s in their T & Cs that they’re allowed to keep sending pestering emails. So before booking with GolfNow, try contacting the course directly, quoting the price on offer on GolfNow. Some courses will match that price (without the booking fee) though some will not. I expect that this review will be deleted and my account cancelled, but at least I will have got my point across).

Draw golf club

The club house is very nice it’s just a shame it’s a 10min walk over a bridge to the first Tee right next to a busy main road.

The course itself just looks messy to much rubble and concrete scattered everywhere down the sides of the course, we also had to leave our trolleys away from the 15th as it would not fit through due to the amount of rubble stacked up it wasn’t wide enough and the fairways need taking care of more some bits are cut to short and others are really thick.

A lot of the Tee off points are poorly signposted we had to ask where the third tee off was and I didn’t like the fact that some of the holes doubled up and we had to tee off from the same points more then once.

So unfortunately I won’t be playing Drax golf course again and I understand why the price was so low now at £13 each.

One plus point one of the ground staff went out of his way to find my golf partner a trolly which was very nice of him.

12 holes, not 18

Only found out when we got there that it was 12 holes not 18 which was disappointing. Car park is a fair walk away from the first tee and there are no amenities whatsoever. Course is OK and reasonably well kept. Little bit out of the way for me so probably wouldn’t go again.

12 hole golf

They have done a good job with limited space . The loop of six holes twice is a bit awkward when players are filtering. However the course is well maintained with good greens. A lot of single players on yhe course.

Very well kept!

Greeted by the owner on arrival who updated us on the a few rules and regs which was great and helpful

The course was borderline immaculate.
Played Drax several times during the 2019 season and it wasn't a patch on what it is now, and we thought it was great then! Since playing it 2019 the course seems to have had a major uplift and lots of TLC! Its a shame about the piles of rubble on a couple of holes where they are landscaping, but they are out of bounds and do not particularly affect the playing areas.

Love the edition of a new tee box on 13th as it adds a little more variety to make it feel more like 18 holes and it seemed to speed up play on the back 9.

Very enjoyable round.

P.s. Before this round, as a budget golfer I have never seen stripes in the ruff or tee box! Spot-On!

Superb greens - must play for the value

Decided to try this course after work on Monday, don’t often leave reviews but felt this deserved a recent one. Welcomed on the first tee by a member who acts as a starter and helps with navigation as it’s 12 holes which you play 6 twice from different tee positions (which works very well here). Course was brilliant, mixture of holes, condition was excellent, the greens are some of the best I’ve played in recent times. Some interesting holes, bit of work being carried out for improvements but didn’t affect us at all. Would happily go back tomorrow.

Good course

Good course in good condition. Guy on the first hole was great, informative and friendly

Really good value

Excellent greens and staff! 12 holes on only at the minute so gets a bit quirky for the 6 you play again (different tee boxes on most which really makes a difference) All holes are interesting and look good! Will definitely play again

Staff were very friendly course was wet but playable

New Layout Trial

Course is fantastic condition as usual. Last time I played, congestion was an issue but the new layout solved a lot of problems. Not perfect, but much better.

Awesome track (just a bit foggy!)

Great little course, not massively long. Greens were in excellent condition for the time of year. All staff were welcoming and friendly. Shame the fog didn't lift till the 14th for us but all of our party would love to go back later in the year as recommended by the greenkeeper when the greens will reach their full potential!

Qwerky Course

The course is interesting as you play five holes twice from different tee positions. Whilst we didn’t have a problem when we played I would assume you could get a back up if players on those tees that you play from twice at busy times of the year.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly

Father and son having a round of golf

A jewel of a parkland golf course. Not the longest by any means but apart from maybe five holes keep your driver in the bag. Fairways superb and virtually no rough because it's nearly all tree lined. Greens some of the best I've played on. Will definitely carry on playing this course. Not one disappointing hole. My 18 year old son hits the ball way further than me with his driver so l enjoyed this course even more because that didn't really come into play

Commented on 10/05/2017

Thank you for your great feedback. We hope to see you again very soon! Check out our website if you would link some more information about the club: www.draxgolfclub.com

Liam Ridgill