Silverhorn Golf Club of Texas, located only 15 minutes from San Antonio's Riverwalk, has quickly gained a reputation as being some of the best golf in Texas. The layout covers 262 scenic acres of rolling hills covered in mature oaks and cedar trees. The challenging golf course features tree-lined fairways and carefully contoured greens. There are also lakes and creeks, both dry and wet, coming into play throughout the golf course. The front nine's signature hole is the par-5 sixth, which has 20 acres of water bordering the entire left side, while the back nine's signature is the par-4 15th, which is considered the toughest hole on the golf course. This 446-yard hole features an elevated green that is guarded by a large bunker on the left and two creeks crossing the fairway.

Silverhorn Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Randy Heckenkemper (1995)

Caddies Yes

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

One of the best

Just come on out.. it’s the type of course all golfers can play and have fun. Beautiful course layout, greens are A+.

Great condition. Fairways are narrow. Greens in great shape. Played on a “Hot Deal” From Tee Off. Paid less than 24 bucks 18 with a cart. Can’t beat that for this good if a course. Will definitely play again. Only thing I’ll say is, the carts need an upgrade.

Thanks!

Commented on 07/30/2020

edward4152245, thank you for your kind words and valuable feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 07/23/2020

Hi cmesser25, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thank you for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Snails Pace

Great staff and course course layout was very nice. Conditions were good too. The only thing holding this place back from being a top notch course is the pace of play. 2 hours and 45 minutes for the front 9. I left at the turn, so I can’t comment on the back.

Commented on 08/05/2020

I had similar experience and got the same response. Seems to be a recurring theme...slow pace and they can't or won't fix it.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi x4me84, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 3 stars. We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. We can assure you our team works hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and hope to see you for an even better round soon!

91 at Silverhorn

Very good course. Greens are great throughout, the fairways are smooth the pace was just right. Staff was friendly and the course is online app. (No score cards) wish I found the course sooner. I’ll be back

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thanks for your 4-star review and great feedback, u496997602! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round, and we appreciate you choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

No Water

Course conditions are very good, but there is no drinking water on the course. Very dangerous in South Texas heat.

When I made the turn, the young lady seemed put-out to fill up my cup with water.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we do apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding regarding our current beverage policy. Due to COVID-19, we have removed water jugs on the course as a sanitary precaution, but we do have a beverage cart on the course with water and Gatorade available to purchase. Guests may come in to the 19th Hole at the turn to purchase water as well. We can assure you our team at SilverHorn is committed to the health & safety of our guests, but we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our operations during this time. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our staff in the pro shop.

Course is in great shape

Greens were really good, fairways lush, sand-traps a little thin but not bad...overall, the course is in really good shape.
My only complaint is pace of play: playing the front 9 under 2 hours was great, but the back 9 took close to 2 1/2 hours. my group waited on the back 5 to 8 minutes in every tee box.
This is the 2nd round in a row, and 3 of the last 4 times, where the back 9 was excruciatingly slow. I love Silverhorn but don't know how many more times I'll keep going back...not worth the misery. And it wrecks my game....I tend to have a decent front 9, but a terrible back 9 at Silverhorn.
Nevertheless, I love this course and would rate it 5 stars if they could correct the pace.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi mattkav, thank you for reviewing the course. However, we apologize for the delay of play during your recent rounds as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We can assure you our staff works hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve by using your comments for guidance. We're glad to hear you still love playing the course, and we hope to welcome you back to SilverHorn Golf Club for an even better experience soon!

Marshall Needed

The course is beautiful well maintained. There is not a marshall to regulate play. 18 holes of golf should not take 6 hours. 10 minutes per Foursome is not enough time for intervals on tee times. A single or a twosome yes.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi TicToc60, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars! We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. We can assure you our team works hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and hope to see you for an even better round soon.

Good value

The pace of play was excellent the course was great and the food was Amazing

Commented on 07/01/2020

Thank you for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We truly appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

A Very Good Course

I played while visiting from out of town. I enjoyed the course layout, specifically the doglegs and the stream beds that require adaptation.. Some fairways were narrowed by the trees and that also added some complexity. Pin placement on some holes was challenging also. The course (fairways and greens) was in very good shape. Overall it was a great day despite the hot humid weather.and I would come back again next time I'm in town.

Commented on 06/24/2020

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback and for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and hope you're able to join us for another round soon!

Unable to play

Was not able to play, I had a medical issue in the way to the corse and was not able to play.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi osabedra, thank you for taking the time to review the course, however, we're very sorry to hear you were not able to play your last round. If there are any specific concerns you had with the course or our staff, please let us know as we are always looking for ways to improve our golfers' experience. Otherwise, we hope you're able to make it out to the course for a great round soon!

Bri g your a game

Tee to greens the horn is in great condition. Not a bad lie to be found. That is if your hitting the ball straight. Never much room for error here but a great place to play. Balls held greens well and putts ran true. Definitely recommend this ourse to anyone who wants to challenge there game and see where you really are.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thanks for the recommendation and 5-star review, Timcockerham! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the challenge of the course, and we hope to welcome you back to SilverHorn Golf Club again soon. Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

Seriously?!

So business must be booming for Silverhorn. I showed up late Sunday afternoon in hopes of getting in 9 holes - walking. My hopes were quickly dashed as the attendant told me they shutdown at 4:45. Time on the clock on the wall - 4:47. No exaggeration. So much for them getting my $30 bucks... Btw, I live on the course. As they say, easier to keep a customer than find a new one. Silverhorn just lost a customer. Amazing!

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hi u476724823, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. However, we apologize for any inconvenience during your last experience at the course. Unfortunately, the course was closed for further tee times at the time of your arrival. We're sorry we couldn't get you out on the course, but we hope we have the chance to do so soon. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop if you would like to address any further concerns and we hope to welcome you back for a better experience!

Commented on 06/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, yjh4801! Your review is important to us and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas thanks you!

A nice challenging course which is in great shape. This course offers plenty of great natural views with wildlife throughout. The course.. A great course for a weekend round.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hi u239540843, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

New silver horn

Both the fairway and the green were beautiful like a newly completed course.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hi Shimashima, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Nice course but extremely slow play!

Might help if they had a starter at the first tee box.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hi djamerson, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for further improvements. Thank you for playing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better round soon!

First time

This was my first time playing Silverhorn. The layout is awesome course is in wonderful condition. And book a tee time for next Saturday already.
Great time.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and joining us for your first round, TicToc60! We're so glad you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Municipal