Type Municipal

Cedar Creek is consistently rated one of the top muni courses in the USA. The hill country layout is challenging for all levels of play. Gold tees are available for scratch golfers. Some players feel that the narrow fairways allow the ball to roll to the center, but this is not evident to most players. Ride this one... it's real hard to walk. Because of it's popularity, the crowded course can play very slow. Go early or allow five hour rounds on really nice days. However, it's so pretty and great to play it's worth the time. If you can find a nice December day when the younger set is in school, that's the day to play Cedar Creek

Distance: Allow 30 minutes minimum from downtown. From I-10 going west, exit Loop 1604, then go west 3 miles to the Kyle Seale Pkwy. Turn right and drive 2 miles to the course. Watch real close for signs to clubhouse, which is on the left side of road up a long paved road.

Year Built 1989
Fairways Tifway 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifDwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Finger Dye Spann (1989)

Carts Yes - $16

Golf School Academy Yes - "Alamo City Golf Trail Academy at Cedar Creek"

Minnesota Advisor

Great Hill Country Course

Cedar Creek Golf Course is situated on the southern edge of the Texas Hill Country, about 18 miles northwest of downtown San Antonio. The course is carved through interconnecting valleys, with dramatic elevation changes in places and many fairways set between steep rising hills. The Bermuda fairways are hard and fast, so drives roll quite a bit. Missing the fairway on most holes can be quite punitive, because if you get too far off track your ball will come to rest on hardpan and limestone rock ledges in between thick stands of juniper bushes and small live oak trees. The middle men’s tees run to 6,660 yards with a rating of 73.4 and 139 slope. This is not an easy course. The greens are large and undulating, many of them with two or more distinct levels, and surprisingly fast even in the first week of December. The first hole gives a good preview of what is to come on subsequent holes. From an elevated tee, your drive should favor the right side of the fairway, where the slope will funnel your ball toward the middle of the short grass. A drive on the left may bounce into a long fairway bunker that is well placed along the landing area or, worse, in the brush that lies farther left. The same kind of strategy may be used on many subsequent tee shots, where the slopes on either side of the fairway will funnel the ball back toward the middle. But don’t go too far off line or you’ll find the junk! The second hole is a 315 yard par 4 that looks deceptively easy from the tee box. But the fairway runs out about 240 yards away, and drives that are too far right will find trees blocking an approach shot to the green. Best play is probably 200 yards favoring the left side of the fairway, setting up a wedge or short iron to one of the more severely sloped greens on the course. A putt from above the hole on this green may easily scoot a long way past. The back nine starts with a 360 yard par 4 with an elevated tee that provides a beautiful view and photo opportunity. Two members of our group tried to hit power fades that didn’t fade into the slightly doglegged right fairway and found themselves in the no man’s land between the rough and the driving range. The other two found the fairway and had easy approaches to the unprotected green. The finishing hole is a 540 yard par 5 that plays shorter than that distance due to the elevated tee box and the hardness of the fairway that produces a lot of run on the tee shot. Avoid the water short and left of the green and you have a par or birdie to celebrate at the end of the day. Cedar Creek is comparable in terms of golf values to the nearby La Cantera courses, but at about one half to one third the price. The off course amenities are not as nice, but did you come to dine or golf? All things considered, this is hands down my favorite course in San Antonio.

Cedar Creek Gof Course ACGT

Cedar is is a very beautiful Texas Hill Country view course. Houses are beginning to encroach on views. Being in the hill country, there are slopes to navigate on every hole. Very very few flat lies. The greens are well bunkered and have lots of break. Thankfully there is no water to hit over on the course. Wild Turkeys are on the course. Bring your A game and have fun!

Good course

Only 2 issues were there was no snack bar/grill. They had sandwiches in a cooler. Greens had recently been punched so didn't putt great but I have seen worse. Only dealt with one staff member and he was really nice and attentive. I would play again if in the area.

Nice day, fun course.

Saturday rounds can be slow, and this was. Pace was not desirable, but play was at a steady pace the entire round, on a hot Texas day.
Fun course and layout, in good shape. Greens putted true, and were very readable. But, not very fast.
Great pro shop staff, starter and cart service.
I will return here again.

Greens are terrible right now, they took a ponding from the hail , going to aerate them on Monday

Sandy greens

The greens were freshly sanded. Needs to be done. However, some of the guys cutting grass pulled up on a few holes. Kept the tractors running and even kept cutting the fringe on one green. Very annoying.

Great and challenging

My wife and I really enjoyed the course. Everyone were friendly and helpful. The course is challenging but fair. Greens , fairways and tee boxes in good condition. Thank you very much, we will be back

3 hour front 9

Poorly managed the tee times. 4 groups on 1 hole, we played 5 hours and only got to hole 15 and called it a day. Terrible

Loved the Course

Always enjoy more hilly terrain. While the fairways are pretty wide, there are some well placed Sand traps to keep you honest. The greens started out soft but stiffened and sped up by 1:00 PM... Nice day,

All was good except I got charged $2 over what was agreed upon on GolfNow. The guy at the course had it in his head he was going to charge me what his computer said, not what my confirmation said. Oh well.

Vacation

Several of my family members and I played here on 6-27-18. The course was/is in great shape. The staff is amazing. Very friendly and inviting. The hills and elevations make the course a little on the challenging side but a great time had by all. We are from Houston, Brownsville and Florida. Will definitely play here again.
Jesse Hernandez-Houston TX.

Great time on the course!

Had a lot of fun since i typically drive the ball 240 yds and my avg on this course was 275! I birdied the 18th hole with a 325 drive and broke 90 for the first time in over 15 years!

Marshall Needs to be present and active!

Teeing off at 2:15p on Saturday was ideal considering the twilight rated green fees. For $31 it was reasonable to play a golf course I frequented in both high school and during college while I attended UTSA. This course was always one of my favorites and I was excited to get to play it again. Little did we know we would be stuck behind a group of 5 (terrible golfers) that would not let us (group of 3 fast paced, decent golfers) through. Their reasoning was because they had a group of 5 in front of them. The marshall should have been driving around and making sure pace of play was appropriate. We waited on every tee box, every green, and every fairway to hit the ball. We laid up on par 5's just to be able to drive up and wait allowing the people behind us to play a bit. We lost one in our group after the front 9 and the groups would still not let us through. This is unacceptable and needs to be reiterated to groups of 4 and 5. We finally finished at 7:45 (over 5 hours after teeing off!). I played again the next day with 4 in the group and we played in 3 and a half hours. It is no wonder people don't want to golf anymore. Help make golf fun again by encouraging others to let smaller or faster groups through. Then everyone is happy and can take or not take their time if they want.

Great Muni

First, I wouldn't try walking this course it is very hilly. The staff was helpful letting me tee off on the back 9 rather than snail around the course behind a group of 20 guys--some of them playing their one round a year. Lots of elevation changes. Course conditions were very good. The greens were in good shape--not great. Watch out for #5 which tees off up hill, but falls off quickly on the other side. I waited until the group in front of me crested the hill, but I hit into them because of the steep down-grade. I mentioned to the staff that the course needed some system for alerting the group on the tee about the position of the group in front. This is a great value for a muni. If I lived in San Antonio, I would be my regular course.

I did not play it. When I arrived there there was a mess yellin that they dis not have enough golf cars and they did not have or that is what they said, my reservation and wanted to charge me a higher fee

This course is awful

Took 5 hours to play 13 holes. I wonder if they know that you can say no to people and not over book the course.

Tricky but fun!!!

Lotsa side hills. Will test your game. Play the whites or golds if you’re a 10 or over.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.