Type Municipal

Cedar Creek is consistently rated one of the top muni courses in the USA. The hill country layout is challenging for all levels of play. Gold tees are available for scratch golfers. Some players feel that the narrow fairways allow the ball to roll to the center, but this is not evident to most players. Ride this one... it's real hard to walk. Because of it's popularity, the crowded course can play very slow. Go early or allow five hour rounds on really nice days. However, it's so pretty and great to play it's worth the time. If you can find a nice December day when the younger set is in school, that's the day to play Cedar Creek

Distance: Allow 30 minutes minimum from downtown. From I-10 going west, exit Loop 1604, then go west 3 miles to the Kyle Seale Pkwy. Turn right and drive 2 miles to the course. Watch real close for signs to clubhouse, which is on the left side of road up a long paved road.

Year Built 1989
Fairways Tifway 419 Bermuda
Greens TifDwarf Bermuda

Good course

Only 2 issues were there was no snack bar/grill. They had sandwiches in a cooler. Greens had recently been punched so didn't putt great but I have seen worse. Only dealt with one staff member and he was really nice and attentive. I would play again if in the area.

Nice day, fun course.

Saturday rounds can be slow, and this was. Pace was not desirable, but play was at a steady pace the entire round, on a hot Texas day.
Fun course and layout, in good shape. Greens putted true, and were very readable. But, not very fast.
Great pro shop staff, starter and cart service.
I will return here again.

Greens are terrible right now, they took a ponding from the hail , going to aerate them on Monday

Sandy greens

The greens were freshly sanded. Needs to be done. However, some of the guys cutting grass pulled up on a few holes. Kept the tractors running and even kept cutting the fringe on one green. Very annoying.

Great and challenging

My wife and I really enjoyed the course. Everyone were friendly and helpful. The course is challenging but fair. Greens , fairways and tee boxes in good condition. Thank you very much, we will be back

3 hour front 9

Poorly managed the tee times. 4 groups on 1 hole, we played 5 hours and only got to hole 15 and called it a day. Terrible

Loved the Course

Always enjoy more hilly terrain. While the fairways are pretty wide, there are some well placed Sand traps to keep you honest. The greens started out soft but stiffened and sped up by 1:00 PM... Nice day,

All was good except I got charged $2 over what was agreed upon on GolfNow. The guy at the course had it in his head he was going to charge me what his computer said, not what my confirmation said. Oh well.

Vacation

Several of my family members and I played here on 6-27-18. The course was/is in great shape. The staff is amazing. Very friendly and inviting. The hills and elevations make the course a little on the challenging side but a great time had by all. We are from Houston, Brownsville and Florida. Will definitely play here again.
Jesse Hernandez-Houston TX.

Great time on the course!

Had a lot of fun since i typically drive the ball 240 yds and my avg on this course was 275! I birdied the 18th hole with a 325 drive and broke 90 for the first time in over 15 years!

Marshall Needs to be present and active!

Teeing off at 2:15p on Saturday was ideal considering the twilight rated green fees. For $31 it was reasonable to play a golf course I frequented in both high school and during college while I attended UTSA. This course was always one of my favorites and I was excited to get to play it again. Little did we know we would be stuck behind a group of 5 (terrible golfers) that would not let us (group of 3 fast paced, decent golfers) through. Their reasoning was because they had a group of 5 in front of them. The marshall should have been driving around and making sure pace of play was appropriate. We waited on every tee box, every green, and every fairway to hit the ball. We laid up on par 5's just to be able to drive up and wait allowing the people behind us to play a bit. We lost one in our group after the front 9 and the groups would still not let us through. This is unacceptable and needs to be reiterated to groups of 4 and 5. We finally finished at 7:45 (over 5 hours after teeing off!). I played again the next day with 4 in the group and we played in 3 and a half hours. It is no wonder people don't want to golf anymore. Help make golf fun again by encouraging others to let smaller or faster groups through. Then everyone is happy and can take or not take their time if they want.

Great Muni

First, I wouldn't try walking this course it is very hilly. The staff was helpful letting me tee off on the back 9 rather than snail around the course behind a group of 20 guys--some of them playing their one round a year. Lots of elevation changes. Course conditions were very good. The greens were in good shape--not great. Watch out for #5 which tees off up hill, but falls off quickly on the other side. I waited until the group in front of me crested the hill, but I hit into them because of the steep down-grade. I mentioned to the staff that the course needed some system for alerting the group on the tee about the position of the group in front. This is a great value for a muni. If I lived in San Antonio, I would be my regular course.

I did not play it. When I arrived there there was a mess yellin that they dis not have enough golf cars and they did not have or that is what they said, my reservation and wanted to charge me a higher fee

This course is awful

Took 5 hours to play 13 holes. I wonder if they know that you can say no to people and not over book the course.

Tricky but fun!!!

Lotsa side hills. Will test your game. Play the whites or golds if you’re a 10 or over.

Too bad it’s a muni

The course is fantastic and for that i would recommend playing it to a friend other than that not worth going. Only advice if you plan to play here is to go on a slow weekday. Obviously it was overbooked Saturday and pace was the worst I've ever experienced...anywhere. Snails pace. Another big problem is...well...lets just say since its a muni it attracts a certain customer base. Just being honest. I saw so much idiocy it was astounding! Guys hitting into other groups, hitting their carts, zinging balls past us, and dam near saw two other groups fight. People jumping in between us and the group ahead at the turn because the clubhouse said “just jump in at the 10 since we have a kids tournament on the front 9”. News flash clubhouse, we are already at a crawl stop booking tee times. A real zoo out there. That gorgeous course deserves better. Too bad.

Please don't listen to all the good reviews.

This course is not good. It's as simple as that. I have been playing high school practice rounds at this golf course for four years. I have hated it. This is the kind of course that, if you are a pretty consistent golfer, will make you lose your confidence in your game, even though there might be nothing wrong with it. The greens are the worst in San Antonio, full of random bumps, extremely slow, and inconsistent. If you play golf regularly, putting on greens like these will get you off tempo or worsen your confidence. The layout of this course is ridiculous, with fairways that slope in a way that good drives right down the middle will end up in the rough or worse. The bunkers are terrible as well, I didn't see anyone else mention that. Please don't listen to the good reviews about this place. They clearly don't know what a good golf course is. However, if really challenging courses are your thing, then this is the place. It's also in a great part of town. They sometimes have US Open Local Qualifying here, and pros seldom shoot better than 70. There are much better courses in this city like La Cantera, Brackenridge, or The Quarry.

Tell Us More:

This Course Is Great For NOTHING.

Course Challenges Include: Terrible Inconsistent Bumpy Impossible Greens, Unrewarding Stupid Unnecessary Sloping Fairways

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020