Cedar Creek Municipal Golf Course

Type Municipal
Cedar Creek is consistently rated one of the top muni courses in the USA. The hill country layout is challenging for all levels of play. Gold tees are available for scratch golfers. Some players feel that the narrow fairways allow the ball to roll to the center, but this is not evident to most players. Ride this one... it's real hard to walk. Because of it's popularity, the crowded course can play very slow. Go early or allow five hour rounds on really nice days. However, it's so pretty and great to play it's worth the time. If you can find a nice December day when the younger set is in school, that's the day to play Cedar Creek Distance: Allow 30 minutes minimum from downtown. From I-10 going west, exit Loop 1604, then go west 3 miles to the Kyle Seale Pkwy. Turn right and drive 2 miles to the course. Watch real close for signs to clubhouse, which is on the left side of road up a long paved road.
Cedar Creek Golf Course
Scorecard for Cedar Creek
Blue M: 75.1/142 415 345 435 410 535 360 410 215 455 3580 395 455 340 565 190 415 210 435 565 3570 7150
White M: 73.4/139 W: 77.6/137 395 315 405 385 510 345 385 200 425 3365 360 425 315 540 160 375 185 395 540 3295 6660
Gold M: 71.2/132 370 285 375 355 475 320 355 185 395 3115 340 385 295 515 140 340 160 335 515 3025 6140
Red M: 68.4/123 W: 74.2/130 320 255 345 320 445 295 305 145 335 2765 305 335 265 485 125 315 135 315 480 2760 5525

Year Built 1989
Fairways Tifway 419 Bermuda
Greens TifDwarf Bermuda

Vacation

Several of my family members and I played here on 6-27-18. The course was/is in great shape. The staff is amazing. Very friendly and inviting. The hills and elevations make the course a little on the challenging side but a great time had by all. We are from Houston, Brownsville and Florida. Will definitely play here again.

Jesse Hernandez-Houston TX.

Great time on the course!

Had a lot of fun since i typically drive the ball 240 yds and my avg on this course was 275! I birdied the 18th hole with a 325 drive and broke 90 for the first time in over 15 years!

Marshall Needs to be present and active!

Teeing off at 2:15p on Saturday was ideal considering the twilight rated green fees. For $31 it was reasonable to play a golf course I frequented in both high school and during college while I attended UTSA. This course was always one of my favorites and I was excited to get to play it again. Little did we know we would be stuck behind a group of 5 (terrible golfers) that would not let us (group of 3 fast paced, decent golfers) through. Their reasoning was because they had a group of 5 in front of them. The marshall should have been driving around and making sure pace of play was appropriate. We waited on every tee box, every green, and every fairway to hit the ball. We laid up on par 5's just to be able to drive up and wait allowing the people behind us to play a bit. We lost one in our group after the front 9 and the groups would still not let us through. This is unacceptable and needs to be reiterated to groups of 4 and 5. We finally finished at 7:45 (over 5 hours after teeing off!). I played again the next day with 4 in the group and we played in 3 and a half hours. It is no wonder people don't want to golf anymore. Help make golf fun again by encouraging others to let smaller or faster groups through. Then everyone is happy and can take or not take their time if they want.

Great Muni

First, I wouldn't try walking this course it is very hilly. The staff was helpful letting me tee off on the back 9 rather than snail around the course behind a group of 20 guys--some of them playing their one round a year. Lots of elevation changes. Course conditions were very good. The greens were in good shape--not great. Watch out for #5 which tees off up hill, but falls off quickly on the other side. I waited until the group in front of me crested the hill, but I hit into them because of the steep down-grade. I mentioned to the staff that the course needed some system for alerting the group on the tee about the position of the group in front. This is a great value for a muni. If I lived in San Antonio, I would be my regular course.

I did not play it. When I arrived there there was a mess yellin that they dis not have enough golf cars and they did not have or that is what they said, my reservation and wanted to charge me a higher fee

This course is awful

Took 5 hours to play 13 holes. I wonder if they know that you can say no to people and not over book the course.

Tricky but fun!!!

Lotsa side hills. Will test your game. Play the whites or golds if you’re a 10 or over.

Too bad it’s a muni

The course is fantastic and for that i would recommend playing it to a friend other than that not worth going. Only advice if you plan to play here is to go on a slow weekday. Obviously it was overbooked Saturday and pace was the worst I've ever experienced...anywhere. Snails pace. Another big problem is...well...lets just say since its a muni it attracts a certain customer base. Just being honest. I saw so much idiocy it was astounding! Guys hitting into other groups, hitting their carts, zinging balls past us, and dam near saw two other groups fight. People jumping in between us and the group ahead at the turn because the clubhouse said “just jump in at the 10 since we have a kids tournament on the front 9”. News flash clubhouse, we are already at a crawl stop booking tee times. A real zoo out there. That gorgeous course deserves better. Too bad.

Please don't listen to all the good reviews.

This course is not good. It's as simple as that. I have been playing high school practice rounds at this golf course for four years. I have hated it. This is the kind of course that, if you are a pretty consistent golfer, will make you lose your confidence in your game, even though there might be nothing wrong with it. The greens are the worst in San Antonio, full of random bumps, extremely slow, and inconsistent. If you play golf regularly, putting on greens like these will get you off tempo or worsen your confidence. The layout of this course is ridiculous, with fairways that slope in a way that good drives right down the middle will end up in the rough or worse. The bunkers are terrible as well, I didn't see anyone else mention that. Please don't listen to the good reviews about this place. They clearly don't know what a good golf course is. However, if really challenging courses are your thing, then this is the place. It's also in a great part of town. They sometimes have US Open Local Qualifying here, and pros seldom shoot better than 70. There are much better courses in this city like La Cantera, Brackenridge, or The Quarry.

Tell Us More:

This Course Is Great For NOTHING.

Course Challenges Include: Terrible Inconsistent Bumpy Impossible Greens, Unrewarding Stupid Unnecessary Sloping Fairways

Texas Advisor

Bumpy, Bumpy, On Even the Greens

We have played this course since it started in 1989.

Back then It was a green oasis with no noise and distractions. Over the years all the beautiful green belt surrounding this tract has disappeared.

There's grass on this course but it is all dormant. They do not overseed. The greens are inconsistent.

The undulations on fairways and even greens are unlike any other course in this area.

Having a flat lie at Cedar is an anomaly. They went out of their way to create an excessive amount of berms on fairways and around greens.

There is no Ranger on this course. You are at the mercy of the slowest players and pace of play grinds to a screeching halt.

There's no fun in waiting for every shot because the duffers in front think they are Jason Day and hit from the Tips very badly.

The Trolls in the Proshop haven't changed in 30 years. Cedar has always had some of the least civil or creative employees in town.

The clubhouse is unchanged from thirty years ago. This course gets too crowded and because it's a bit better than Olmos Basin the mudhole,

or Willow Springs, too far away, and Cedar is the only NW San Antonio Muny it always gets slammed.

Fun and challenging!

Course was in great shape! Every hole is fun to play! I will definitely be back!

great golf course

Great course, very scenic, greens in great shape, Loved it.

cedar

Love the course quite a challenge. Will test your shot making skills. Staff not very friendly seemed unhappy.

Visiting Golf

I was visiting from Arizona and decided to play Cedar Creek. The quality of course it was cannot be beat for the value. The tips tees provided a great challenge and caused every shot to matter, and 7100+ yards made you earn your score. Next time I'm back in San Antonio, Cedar Hills will be the first course I play.

--MikeinAZ, 6 handicap

Poor weather

RAIN RAIN LIGHTNING N RAIN CHECK

LOOKED GOOD TILL THE FOURTH HOLE, THE SKY DUMPED LOTS OF RAIN, THEN THE LIGHTNING THE CART COULD NEVER GO FAST ENOUGH. THE STAFF WAS GREAT EVEN BROUGHT MY RAIN CHECK TO THE SNACK BAR. WILL BE BACK

Nice pace, nice views, nice conditions!

Nice course to play

We played in the winter but was in good condition, staff was friendly and we always play this course when visiting San Antonio.

nice course

course in good condition. greens were good for this time of year. Cool to see wild turkeys on the course. A fun, challenging course.