Type Private
Style Parkland
Eaton (Norfolk) Golf Club

Year Built 1910
Architect John Henry Taylor (1910)

Dress code No T-shirts, rugby/football shirts, tracksuits, leggings, blue denim jeans, cargo/combat shorts, football/rugby socks.

Friendliest club you'll find

Booked last minute and arrived an hour before tee off. It was the professional's 20th year anniversary at the club, so I was greeted by Peter the club manager. He not only gave me an impromptu tour of the facilities, but also lent me his electric trolley when I realised I'd left mine at home. Everyone in pro shop very helpful and let me tee off before my time as the course was not busy. Bumped into another member on the first who invited me to join him and helped with some local knowledge of the course, which like many mature courses (100 years plus) was not long but challenging in other ways. It was very well kept both on and off the course and you will need to place your way around it. Greens were interesting and also in good condition.
I would highly recommend the course to visitors.

Eaton GC

Eaton GC is set in an established parkland setting and was established in 1910. It has 18 different holes that are challenging off the Championship tees and rewarding of the mid-handicap tees. None of the holes seem to come back on each other and the scenery is pretty. Whilst accuracy is required on most of the holes the penalty for a wayward shot is a chip out or lay up rather than a lost ball, although a bad slice off the tee will put you OB on a few holes .

The Pro Shop is well stocked and reasonably priced. Electric trolleys or normal trolleys are all available to rent. The clubhouse has a very nice feel about it with the history of Eaton GC all around you. Good breakfast and lunch menu at reasonable prices with friendly bar staff.

The fairways were in good condition although the greens were not as good as I expected as they were slightly "corrugated" probably due to work being done to take them out of the winter and into summer. This being the case I would have expected the green fee to be less than the £50.00 we were charged and that is why I have not given Eaton GC 5 stars throughout.

I would however recommend Eaton GC to anyone who loves to play golf.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020